Question for those of you who have kiddos with peanut allergies: What were the symptoms in your child?
Our LO has been eating small amounts of peanut butter for at least 4 months, maybe 2-3 times a week. Today we gave him some peanut butter on his crackers as we usually do; he ended up smearing it all over his head, and then I noticed he had red spots under his mouth, on his head, and near his eyes where he had rubbed peanut butter on his skin.
I called the pediatrian's nurse line who recommended a small amount of Children's Benedryl, and we gave LO a bath to get any peanut butter off of him. The rash was gone within 5 minutes of giving him a bath, before we gave him any Benedryl.
Does this sound like it could be a peanut allergy, or is it possible to just have a contact rash on the skin from where the peanuts touched him? No one in our family has a peanut allergy, although my husband does have eczema.
My pediatrician is calling me on Monday to talk about next steps, but just curious for those of you who have experienced this, what your LO's symptoms were, what the action plan is going forward, etc.