BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC!!!* 11/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Lafreeman21 haha baby girl loves to do acrobatics from after dinner until I'm in bed trying to go to sleep. I don't believe anything that says they sleep most of the time because she does not!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    srscott3 said:
    Not really a confession, but I deactivated my Facebook yesterday. And so far I am WAY happier. Evidently, avoiding posts that piss me off is healthy 
    FB not deactivated, but I avoided it for all of Wednesday. Definitely helped.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    @Lafreeman21 at first I thought you had another older child outside of the belly! 

• Options
    @bumpasaurusRex that's the best way to spend extra money in my opinion. 
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex and @homemake Yes!!! I love getting stuff for my kitchen and my house. H asked me what I wanted for Christmas that wasn't baby related and I said new pots and pans.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    I can't quit Facebook because I love looking at the local yard sale sites... mostly for entertainment and drama. 

I painted our whole mud room last weekend and will do the baby's room too. DH painted with me of course, but I just can't sit back and watch!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo  I helped paint our nursery too. Dh did the majority but I did trims and cut ins and I did half of the accent wall. Dh is fine with subpar work, so if I didn't help he would have gotten lazy and cut a lot of corners. I helped with dd1's nursery too and I had a healthy pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Are you not supposed to help paint the nursery? I asked my OB and he said it was fine to paint. I mean I'm probably going to leave the high parts that require ladders to DH since my balance is a bit off and honestly he prob doesn't need a ladder but I plan on doing the majority of the painting because I love painting! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Yeah I guess I didn't realize that I shouldn't be painting. I helped H paint the entire thing because he can't paint near the trim and ceiling to save his life. I took breaks to escape from the fumes a few times and we had the window open. Hopefully it's not too big of a deal?
  • Options
    If you are using water base/latex paint you are fine.  The foundation of the paint is water.  The only VOC (volatile organic compound) that is in them comes from the tint that colors the paint and it is so minuscule amounts.  There should be no fumes from water base paint.
    *** I used to work in the paint department of a hardware store and had to know all of this stuff 
    Not sure about the US but here in Canada it is really hard to find anything but latex interior paint (or exterior for that matter) in stores. Oil base/Alkyd paints are pretty much only found in paint specific shops only.

I painted the baby's room a long time ago because I know my H would not do it and I wanted it done while I still could do it myself lol  
  • Options
    My MW said that painting is fine as long as you watch the fumes and test for lead if you're doing any removal. She even cleared me for wallpaper removal, but we got lazy and that project never happened.
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo that's how I finally got the painting done too. My husband was dragging his feet and saying "it's fine the way it is". So I brought the paint cans up and started opening them. He got all pissy and took over.

I personally think painting in a well-ventilated room is fine, but he was being super paranoid (my posts today seem to have a theme), and didn't want me to do more than the trim. 

I now get to be super smug because he has begrudgingly said about 4 times that the colour I picked looks way better than before. :smiley:
  • Options
    Lol @poetryandoceans I'm pretty sure I made the same devious smile when my grandparents told me they might be going out of town for Thanksgiving. I was also "disappointed"...

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    Also, I'm loving the Ron Swanson gifs.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    @peachesnbean I'm so sorry.  That really sucks because even though we do things for others out of love, it's always nice to feel the love from them on our special days.

Hopefully someone remembers and does something nice.  But I'd probably say something to your H, that's hurtful that he didn't think of getting you a cake.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @scifichick09 I was on a Leslie Knope kick before. I've moved on to Ron Swanson for his antisocial tendencies...
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @peachesnbean that is pretty disappointing that no one thought to do anything for you for your birthday when you make so much effort for everyone else. 
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @peachesnbean. I'd be feeling the same way you are, your feelings are totally valid.
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @peachesnbean! You deserved a lot more celebration AND cake!