July 2017 Moms
Options

Omg! I had to wear maternity pants today

So I realized today that my normal yoga pants are to uncomfortable around my waist.  I got dressed with yoga pants on this morning like every other morning and felt a little nauseous. As soon as I took them off this morning I felt so much better. I wore a pair of maternity pants all day cause they're so much more comfortable but I'm not ready to wear maternity pants full time yet. ugh pregnancy problems. What are yours?

Re: Omg! I had to wear maternity pants today

• Options
    I totally just stocked up on maternity clothes. I needed warm weather stuff anyway! No shame!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Just stock up on leggings and tunics!!! That is typically what I wear majority of the time anyway, so I have insta-maternity wear!  I do however LOVE not having to suck in, let that bump (really bloat) show!!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No judgement! I wore jeans to work last Friday (casual day) and they were incredibly uncomfortable with all the bloat I've been having. I checked out the Zulily maternity deals over the weekend and bought two pairs of maternity pants! Can't wait for them to arrive.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    I love maternity jeans.  I just washed all mine, and I am trying to hold off a few more weeks before I wear them.  I'm living in leggings right now.

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    Have you all heard the maternity pants song on YouTube! I'm so loving it right now. 
  • Options
    totally in maternity pants due to insane bloat and I'm cool with it now. I have to wear actual pants or jeans for work not leggings so it was worth it for the comfort
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been out of maternity pants since my first pregnancy... in 2012!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    For all you maternity pant lovers, which would you most recommend? Lol, I'm a second time mom, but actually despise my full panel maternity pants because they are so hard to keep from falling down all the time. I've found half panel dig in and are uncomfortable. I wear a belt everyday and couldn't wait to put one back on after baby. Are there certain brands or types that work better or that you'd recommend?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @babypi - I'm a full panel lover. Yes, they roll down, but I'd rather pull them up all day than have the digging in/uncomfortableness and sometimes nauseating feeling of the 1/2 panel. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    I wear maternity clothes all the time. Mostly because I don't own any clothes anymore. It's either my fancy yoga pants or the ones with holes. And I would not side eye anyone for wearing it. I'd side eye someone for telling me they are showing (not bloated) at 6 weeks. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    babypi said:
    For all you maternity pant lovers, which would you most recommend? Lol, I'm a second time mom, but actually despise my full panel maternity pants because they are so hard to keep from falling down all the time. I've found half panel dig in and are uncomfortable. I wear a belt everyday and couldn't wait to put one back on after baby. Are there certain brands or types that work better or that you'd recommend?
    Do you like leggings? If so, LulaRoe is where it's at!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @babypi. . . During my last pregnancy I wore a belly band over my full panel pants. It helped keep them up, and camouflaged my super-outty belly button! 
    I've ordered a couple pairs of maternity pants from ebay this week. Once you find a brand you like, it's easy to find them for a way better price there. Then you can get twice as many  :)
  • Options
    I wear maternity clothes all the time. Mostly because I don't own any clothes anymore. It's either my fancy yoga pants or the ones with holes. And I would not side eye anyone for wearing it. I'd side eye someone for telling me they are showing (not bloated) at 6 weeks. 
    Yep. This. Believe it or not my sil told me at 8 weeks she was showing.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I guess I'll pick up a couple more belly bands this time, I wore them out last time holding up my full panel pants. I've never been one to wear leggings, but I might have to give them a shot, or find good yoga pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to hold out for black friday sales to stock up on maternity wear but I did give in to the belly band because this bloat is terrible!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I HATED the belly band with a passion. I felt like it did nothing but ride up. All about unbuttoning my pants with long tops when it gets to that. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    When did you guys swap to maternity bras or any advice? With the hurting boobs, I feel like that might be before the pants for me- (not too far before)-- and just wondered advice.  Thanks!
  • Options
    ...I'm still wearing maternity bras 2 years later. Well, since I have tiny boobs with raisins on the end of them now since they got destroyed I guess it doesn't really matter. Underwire is the devil. 
  • Options
    When did you guys swap to maternity bras or any advice? With the hurting boobs, I feel like that might be before the pants for me- (not too far before)-- and just wondered advice.  Thanks!
    Last time, I got new bras in a larger size fairly early in the pregnancy. But they were still regular underwire bras. Victoria's secret has their semi-annual sale in December I think. I remember all my bras during pregnancy were crazy colors because that's what was on clearance.

Toward the end, I got a couple of "sleep bras" that I would wear when I was just lounging around the house, and I could keep it on during delivery, and they were also good for nursing afterward. Then after the baby was here I lived in nursing bras and camis.
  • Options
    I love reading these posts. I feel bloated already.. totally different than first time. We're a bunch of showing (bloated) women lol ;)
  • Options
    Anyone have trouble with maternity/nursing bras? I usually wear underwire ones so I bought a couple nursing bras as I figured then I'm prepared for later and they are comfy now. But I feel like I'm bouncing so bad in them, and not much support. Maybe I just need to really tighten up the straps?
  • Options
    So I figured this seemed like a better place to ask my question than just starting a new thread:

I have been in need of new bras prior to becoming pregnant. I feel like I'm about to pop out of two of my bras (and I only own three non-sports bras). But now I'm in the conundrum that I'm going to be purchasing nursing bras in the future (FTM here) so instead of buying new regular bras should I just go for nursing bras now? Are my boobs going to be getting so much bigger (they're already pretty hefty) that it would be a waste of money to buy nursing bras now? Should I just put up with my bras for now? It seems super early to be buying nursing bras but it also seems like a waste to put out money for new bras I'll end up not using in just a few months.
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a 20% off coupon and $5 off from Kohls so I bought 2 pairs of leggings and spent $15. I ended up buying a new pair of work shoes and since I spent over $50 I got Kohls cash. Guess I'll use it to get more leggings!
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    baxgirl said:
    So I figured this seemed like a better place to ask my question than just starting a new thread:

I have been in need of new bras prior to becoming pregnant. I feel like I'm about to pop out of two of my bras (and I only own three non-sports bras). But now I'm in the conundrum that I'm going to be purchasing nursing bras in the future (FTM here) so instead of buying new regular bras should I just go for nursing bras now? Are my boobs going to be getting so much bigger (they're already pretty hefty) that it would be a waste of money to buy nursing bras now? Should I just put up with my bras for now? It seems super early to be buying nursing bras but it also seems like a waste to put out money for new bras I'll end up not using in just a few months.
    @baxgirl - I plan on buying nursing bras when I get new ones (which probably won't be too long now). I don't like wasting money if I can avoid it and I feel like getting non-nursing bras would be a waste of money because I would have to get nursing bras "soon" anyway.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Go for the comfy nursing bras!
  • Options
    Soo glad i'm not the only 1 uncomfortable in normal pants! i lost weight since i found out i was pregnant but I'm so bloated my belly is bigger than before lol.

i should probably dust off my maternity pants and buy new ones as well, thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    The bloat is so real. We have a wedding Friday and the last thing I want to do is be in a dress bleh! My boobs are pretty worn out from nursing for 2 years, so I'll take all the help I can get in that department 
  • Options
    Thanks @SaphireSweetie88 and @mamadcb!

Anybody have favorite brands or stores for maternity bras/clothes? I will probably end up just hitting Target but do worry about running into my students while there (because it happens...quite often)
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @baxgirl - I work at Boston Store so I will probably get them from here if I can find any. Otherwise I would go to Kohls or Target
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @baxgirl I got mine at Target. They are super comfy. They don't have underwire so they're not as supportive as some of my pre-pregnancy bras, but I have been wearing them nonstop since I got them before DS was born (in January). I even slept in them at the beginning and plan to get a few more now that #2 is on the way. 
  • Options
    Thanks @mamdcb - although no underwire worries me. I'm a D-DD. Maybe I'll get one and see what I think. Are they going to give me uni-boob like sports bras?
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @baxgirl They have different kinds! I'm a DD too. The ones I have kind of dip down in front so they're better than sports bras in that way-- my problem getting some of the other styles was that they don't make them for big busts! I got one at Motherhood Maternity that is underwire and like a "normal" bra in my size... but it's so uncomfortable I never wear it! I know there have been posts in other groups on nursing bras for large chests but since I don't want to spend $$$ I've stuck with my Target cheapies (plus they are super comfy). 
  • Options
    I used bra extenders for most of my last pregnancy - but they stretched out my bras so know that this may be a sacrifice of existing bras once the boobs and your body goes back to its original shape.  I tried bras from Target because I didn't want to spend money on new nice bras to be worn for just a few months.  That was a mistake, I was in uncomfortable bras for too long and eventually caved and spent on the nice bras - best decision e.v.e.r.  

I got a couple bras from Victoria Secret in a larger size - the fabric feels soft and the bone doesn't poke me.  I also like Bravo bras - these are good in the third trimester when you have a pretty good guess on what your final size will be, so these bras can dual as nursing bras.  Nursing tanks from Target worked for lounging around the house and for sleep but they got stretched out quickly for me so I found myself replacing them - oh well.  

Oh, I started out a small B and ended up a DD so the brand recommendation may not work for the ladies with the real boob situation.
  • Options
    Get a couple comfy (no underwire) nursing bras. I got decent deals at Target. I waited until after DS was born to make the switch last time around. Definitely won't be waiting this time. they were. maternity bras sound like a waste as PP mentioned.
  • Options
    I have to say I went out and bought slightly larger, no wire, regular bras and I really regret not waiting a little longer and just buying nursing bras.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the bra advice :):)