February 2017 Moms

Spooky Symptoms Thread-10/31/16

Re: Spooky Symptoms Thread-10/31/16

• I also didn't get the linea nigra with DD. 
    I do have those little like white lines from puberty on my hips though 
  • GretchypooGretchypoo member
    edited November 2016
    I got some stretch marks from gaining 60 lbs in 2 years ( thanks, birth control) but nothing too noticible. I'm hoping  I don't get the linea nigra or too many dark stretch marks. My belly button is totally gonna pop tho. I feel like a turkey whose timer is about to go off...
  • Loading the player...
  • @Gretchypoo Mine too! It's gone from an innie to completely flat, it's going to pop out any day now
  • Wait, y'all don't have the linea negra!? I started noticing one about eight weeks ago. It's not super dark yet, but you can see it. No stretch marks here yet, and I think the linea negra is kind of cute. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I hadn't even thought to look for stretch marks on my ass. Guess I know what will be going down in the bathroom at work today!
  • My stretch marks didn't come in until the very end. It was sad. Then they multiplied quickly. I don't have much hope this time. The linea negra was at the end also and seemed darker after birth, probably because my skin was all loose. I forget how long it took for it to go away. 
  • I have the linea nigra, but it's pretty light so far even on my very pale self. 

I also have hip/thigh stretch marks from rapid BC weight gain a few years ago, but they've all faded and aren't super noticeable. I'm hoping any more that develop on my stomach go the same route and fade well. 

I am curious about skin tightening back up post pregnancy. Will exercise do it over time? I am not sure what's a reasonable expectation on that front.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I have a weird attachment to my linea nigra. I had it last time and got really sad when it faded away.  Not that I wanted it to last forever, but just longer. So I've been waiting for it to appear and I'm not sure if it's finally starting to show or if my brain just wants to see it so bad that I see something faint. 

Its bizarre the things your pregnancy brain decides to get attached to. 
  • @winchestergirl everything tightened up mostly before I even attempted exercising. The first couple of weeks it was like my body was weird as heck looking and then it gradually went back to normal. 
  • homemake said:
    @winchestergirl everything tightened up mostly before I even attempted exercising. The first couple of weeks it was like my body was weird as heck looking and then it gradually went back to normal. 
    I was curious about this too-- thanks ladies!
  • I didn't have stretch marks last time around, and attributed it to my copious use of coconut oil - good to know I can skip that ritual this time.
    My linea nigra only turned up in the last month or two, so I'm not surprised it hasn't shown yet.

I do, however, feel like this baby is stretching my belly more and earlier than DD. Walking is so uncomfortable at times. Or just trying to tie my shoes. Those belly support bands help a lot, even if they feel like they reduce the size of my bladder quite a bit.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Thanks @homemake!
  • I was one of those annoying women who didn't get stretch marks and was looking like I'd never been pregnant a few days later. Well, except my hips were wider and stayed that way, to my husbands delight. 

• leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited November 2016
    @AfKash talked to my dad this morning and he said he advises against using Retin-A while BF too. He said it's probably highly unlikely that it would pass through, but they can't rule it out. So, why risk it for a vanity thing. Soo, after!! 

One of my sisters got a few at the end, one didn't. So not sure where I will fall. But, there's nothing I can do about it, so whatever. If it happens, it happens! 
  • I've never gotten a linea nigra but the coloration/size of my nipples while pregnant is ridiculous. I got no stretch marks with my first pregnancy and the second time I didn't get them until literally the last week of pregnancy and it wasn't much. First baby I bounced back, second time I left the hospital lower than my prepregnancy weight but everything kind of shifted around and then I gained a ton of weight breastfeeding. My stomach feels so much harder/bulkier this time around and at this point it's almost as big as it was full term with #2. All of my pregnancies have been so different.
  • srscott3 said:
    Man you guys stretch marks are genetic you're either going to get them or not and it doesn't really matter what you do. Some people are just more elasticy. 
    I already have them. And I already love them. Not using lotion. And not planning to. I'm usually a very self conscious person and I've never had very good self esteem, but stretch marks are kind of beautiful to me. And I'm really proud of mine
    I got tiger stripes with my first, I thought I was out of the clear then they showed up when I went overdue and dropped. Im proud of them they are my mommy scars and each child adds a small bit to them .  

As for the line... happened with my third not sure about this one. 

MY belly button is almost flat..never popped out yet but maybe this one it will

I still had some lactation from my last child so I've been leaking for like 2 years .yay

Confession : I've never done a kick count in 4 pregnancies. I have poked my belly and juggled it to watch the baby move . 

• @Xstatic3333 nope! Mine popped too! It was so sore in the process of popping but now that it's out it does't hurt anymore. I had a herniated belly button as a kid so I've always had this half innie half outie so it didn't take long for my belly button for it to make it's big debut. 

Also no linea negra for me either. But the skin around my belly button piercing is super stretched out and thin. I took the jewelry out several weeks ago before it started to look so thin so fingers crossed it won't get much worse. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marriedhamstermom  there is no pain when your belly button pops, it is just squishy when you push it. I did get a herniated belly button from my last pregnancy but my dr isn't worried about it. 

@Xstatic3333  my belly button popped a long time ago. It actually started to pop out a little more before I knew I was pregnant. Dh mentioned that my belly button was popping out and maybe I was pregnant and I blew it off. 1 week later I got my positive test. I would say I fully popped at about 12 weeks  
  • No stretch marks here yet, but I've had linea nigra practically since the day of my + test. It's just between my pubic bone and belly button right now. Not sure if I should expect it to extend higher at some point? I agree with you, @Patience7150...I think it's kinda cute. 
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • I was one of those annoying women who didn't get stretch marks and was looking like I'd never been pregnant a few days later. Well, except my hips were wider and stayed that way, to my husbands delight. 

Teach me your secrets!!!!  I doubt I'll be so lucky (although I don't think I'll get stretch marks as my mom/sister didn't get them and I don't have any from growing/puberty)!  I plan on having to work my butt off after baby to get back in shape, but a girl can dream!!

Teach me your secrets!!!!  I doubt I'll be so lucky (although I don't think I'll get stretch marks as my mom/sister didn't get them and I don't have any from growing/puberty)!  I plan on having to work my butt off after baby to get back in shape, but a girl can dream!!
    I was really active that time. 
    Not so much this time around. 
  • @leslie1331 YES!! Im worried im dehydrated :-/
  • My belly button popped too!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Anyone else insanely thirsty all the time?  I feel like I drink water all the time and I still always feel thirsty.  I have a 24 oz tumbler at work that I fill up and drink probably 4-5 times a day.   Then I have probably another 30 oz at home.  Anyone else?
    I wish. I need to drink more. I have a 30 oz tumbler at work and empty it once. Maybe. My SO would love for me to drink at least twice that....
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• I just noticed tonight that my ankles have definitely started to get swollen  :/
  • @lfrank12 me too! I took off my shoes tonight and just realized that my feet and ankles are super swollen. It's uncomfortable!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AfKash talked to my dad this morning and he said he advises against using Retin-A while BF too. He said it's probably highly unlikely that it would pass through, but they can't rule it out. So, why risk it for a vanity thing. Soo, after!! 

One of my sisters got a few at the end, one didn't. So not sure where I will fall. But, there's nothing I can do about it, so whatever. If it happens, it happens! 
    Thank you for asking!! I will definitely hold off until after BF. 

• @MoonOverGoldsboro it's an old wives tale that if it stops at your bb, it's a girl. If it extends passed your bb, it's a boy. :-)
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro My linea nigra is super light, but is under the belly button and over it too. It comes up all the way to the top of the bump!
  • So two things. With my S he always stayed on the right so my line was HILARIOUSLY crooked but it went away. 

And @WinchesterGirl I looked amazing standing up but will forever look sort of saggy bending over haha 
  • @Patience7150 Oooh, fun! We're team green, so I've been testing a lot of old wives' tales just to see what they say. So far nearly all of them say girl...which probably means we're going to have a boy. :)
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • So it would appear that i like to wake up in the middle of the night for no reason now. The past few nights i have been wide awake for a few hours from around 2am. This makes for a tired clumsy day in work :(
  • @leslie1331 +1 to the thirsties. I have a 24 oz tumbler that I down 6 or 7 times a day. Every day, and I still feel thirsty and get chapped lips :/ .It seems to happen for a week or two and then chill for a bit.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @janefelicity I have woken up every night this week within 10 minutes of 3:30 AM to pee. Every. Night. 

@leslie1331 I've also been very thirsty!
  • @WinchesterGirl i dont even have to pee though! Its literally just an instant wide awake & cant get back to sleep for a good 1-2 hours. Our receptionist today told me its an old wives tale that that means thats the time the baby will arrive at.
  • @Janefelicity I keep waking up at 2 am also and just can't seem to fall back asleep or sleep super lightly until its time to get up. So sick of this nonsense! I just want to sleeeeeep! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get super annoyed when I have to get up to pee within an hour of my alarm going off. It takes me a little bit to fall back asleep and then I have to get right back up to get ready for work.  This happened this morning.  I was very groggy.