July 2016 Moms

October Randoms

12346»

Re: October Randoms

• So my mother retired in July (at 55 mind you) simply for the reason that she has been at her company for 30 years already. She has apparently been strapped for cash because she hasn't received any pension money due to some paperwork mixup. She texted me last night with this bombshell, "I'm hurting for money. I'm going to need installment payments back on that extra $2500 I paid for your wedding." WHAT?! The wedding that was 5 years ago and you want some of it back now because you didn't plan ahead of your retirement?!? Um no, I'm sorry. I have a daycare bill now as well as my hospital bill and Maggie's NICU bill. I think she is asking me now because I got a new job that I start in 2 weeks where I'll be making more money. Ugh...

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Me and DH seem to have a different opinion on when we should start baby on Solids , more specifically juice , gerber , soups and cereal , he thinks she is ready at 4 months but I was planing on waiting until atleast 5 months and my MIL is driving us both crazy over the phone saying we should of started at 3 months . but Ive done some research and they all seem to agree 6 months is a safe age , when are you ladies starting solids ? would like to hear some different opinions on it .
  • Boobs are weird.

for further explanation: My "good" boob is suddenly producing what my "bad" boob used to produce and vice versa. With no change in feeding pattern
  • FTM53 said:
    Boobs are weird.

for further explanation: My "good" boob is suddenly producing what my "bad" boob used to produce and vice versa. With no change in feeding pattern
    Swear you just read my mind! My lazy boob is recently engorged all the time. For no reason at all. 
  • @winnie1122 Yay!! Congrats! That's so happy!! Good health and happiness to her and her baby. 

My LO still hasn't rolled over. He'll kinda push up sometimes, but no successful rolls yet. He has, however, become profient at back to side rolling and will spin himself around like a top. I think they learn things and then decide if they want to do them yet. So, yea, in a way they forget the skill while learning everything else. 
  • @jennyleigh16 Glad to know mine's not the only one, maybe he just needs more motivation to roll, haha. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • shaylalrshaylalr member
    edited October 2016
    My LO rolled over from tummy to back when she just turned 3 months. She rolled very infrequently after that. Sometimes she would roll multiple days in a row, sometimes nothing. Now that she is almost 4 months she is now rolling ALL the time! I cannot keep her on her stomach at all. 
  • M is 14 weeks she hasn't rolled yet. She also in the last week or so doesn't hate tummy time. So I think it's coming... maybe? Lol 
  • My LO just hit 16weeks and seems to have little interest in rolling. He go back to side and spin around, but could care less about tummy to back (he's only almost done it twice). However, he is extremely interest in standing and can almost do that without support!  I swear the kid will walk before he crawls....
  • My LO rolled from tummy to back several times around 2 months then stopped for about a month then would do it every once in a while. On her 3 month birthday she rolled from back to tummy 3 times and she hasn't rolled either way since...seems pretty normal- frustrating- but normal.
  • For the rolling, a mommy friend told me that their brains focus on one thing at a time so it's not that they've forgotten as much as they're probably concentrating so much on something else they're trying to accomplish? Maybe? 

Ugh, L had her second round of shots yesterday at her 4 month appointment. She was pretty fussy the rest of the day and didn't nap well at all. Which is a little uncharacteristic of her recently. Then in the evening we noticed she had a mild fever!! I know they say this can be expected. Luckily we had some Tylenol on hand!! Poor girl just wanted to sit with us and snuggle. We felt so terrible. She still seems a bit warm this morning so I'm going to take her temp again. Hopefully everyone has Tylenol stocked! She wasn't phased by the first round at all!
  • winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited October 2016
    @TiffRox81That's how it went for us at 2 months, and I'm bracing myself for the same next week at his 4 month appt  

eta stupid bump ate half my post again. His fever lasted through the next afternoon last time, even with Tylenol, so we had lots of cuddles! Shots are not fun.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @TiffRox81 my grandma said the same thing. L is currently focused on talking lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• AJ has been sick so he's been sleeping a lot and not as hungry. My boobs have been nearly constantly engorged for days! I feel like my milk cane in all over again. 
  • Oo jealous! Pump and stock up and buy yourself some date nights :-D
  • How often do you guys bathe your LOs?
    TTC #1 since marriage

• @KASG LO gets a bath 2-3x a week. We live in a warm climate (Today was still in the 90s) and I know they do a lot of floor time at daycare and he also has a tendency to spit up his bottles or refuse them, so he ends up covered in milk. 

Generally:  Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. 
  • @KASG We bath 2-3 times a week but she goes in the shower every night with DH , she loves it . 
  • mnkennedmnkenned member
    edited November 2016
    Every other day - she's an epic spitter upper
  • KASG said:
    How often do you guys bathe your LOs?
    Usually 3 times a week and I sponge bathe his hair because it's so fine/greasy always. 
  • Thanks ladies! My mom had mentioned bathing every night and I thought about it for routine's sake, but 3 times a weeks seems enough.
    TTC #1 since marriage

• @KASG LO bathes every night because around 4 weeks we discovered she would sleep so much better after a bath. We only use soap 2x a week though. 
  • @KASG We started every night a couple weeks ago and I've noticed he sleeps longer and better, and he also goes down easier. 
  • edited November 2016
    We started doing every night last week for routine sake. I only use soap every other day but I do use soup daily under her chin since spit up hides in there and her bum since I've found it helps prevent diaper rash which she easily gets. 
  • @kasg we do baths on daycare days (Mon, Tues, Thurs) and I wash her hair on Mon and Thurs. She gets very upset after baths so for us it's not a relaxing part of bedtime routine. I do it first so she doesn't associate it with bedtime. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3