July 2016 Moms

October Randoms

Because...it's October now. Man, September went by quick!!
Me: 28
DH: 29
Married: 7/4/15
TTC #1 since marriage
BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

Re: October Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • @winnie1122 What are you planning on doing? :) Don't give up if it doesn't meet your expectations first time around, starting up a business can be super hard and persistence is key! :) Good luck with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • @winnie1122 Oh wow that's cool, there's always an interest in painting. You should have no problem getting a response and me personally, I'd love to learn how to do calligraphy properly. I done a little in school, I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest in it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • What a cool idea! I love that you're taking a leap and trying @winnie1122
  • JYesi0812JYesi0812 member
    edited October 2016
    Time flies and our little angels are just getting stronger and bigger everyday , has anyone tried one of these , my daughter seems to love it but my mother and sister had a flip when they saw her in it , they say shes to young to sit and the chair is not safe yet .
  • @winnie1122 so cool! I was worried you were going to say you were selling fat burning wraps or scentsy or some crap. Calligraphy is awesome, I wish I lived close by and could take a lesson.
    @JYesi0812  You know your daughter best but after working closely with OTs and PTs I stay far away from bumbos and forced positioners like this chair. I'm sure if she's only in there a couple minutes here and there (and can already independently hold up her head) then it's fine.
  • @theshannondee Lol, are fat burning wraps a thing?! There are a lot of jewelry sellers and health coaches/shake sellers around me, never a fat burning wrap seller though!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @winnie1122 omg so many around me... it's sort of hilarious.
  • @Backbypopulardemand That was totally us this morning. Woke up at 1:30 but wasn't hungry and kept me up while she slept on my chest until 3 am. Then she was hungry! Sooo tired.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
  • @winnie1122 That sounds awesome! I wish you every success!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @jjtruffles oh man! I bought my first pair while I was pregnant and thought that I'd just try black to see what everyone was talking about. I think I now own like 15 LLR pieces and over half of those are leggings! It became an addiction! They were heavenly post partum at the hospital and lounging around at home.

We are going to see my DHs grandma this weekend and I'm terrified to fly with DS!! I am sure it will be fine, but my anxiety is through the roof right now. I am not afraid of normal flying stuff,  it's more that I'm worried about being miserable the whole trip. I think DS will fuss the whole time, get sick, not sleep etc. I hope I can get over it and enjoy the trip. 
  • @arhodes6 I have to fly with LO to go see my parents at the end of the month and I am terrified. I have the same fears. I just hope she does well. I'm sure you're going to do great. You'll have to let us know. 
  • Guysss. My LO is 10.5 weeks and the last few days she's been sleeping soo much. She will eat, wake for maybe an hour before she gets super fussy and sleeps for 2 hours until her next feed. My girl is unusually happy so this whole terribly fussy and screaming like it's the end of the world is killing me. She doesn't have a fever and shouldn't be having a leap or growth spurt but I'm hoping that's all it is. Anyone else have a rough time around this age? My mother in law made sure to tell me her opinion which is always quite dramatic, so I need to ease the worries she made sure to give me. Ugh 

and @arhodes6 Good luck!! I'll be anxious to hear around it! 
  • @JYesi0812 we have one as well. I'll pop DS in there for a few minutes if I'm doing something in the kitchen, but he doesn't really like it yet. @theshannondee can you share the concerns with using these seats? I definitely don't want to use with DS if it can lead to problems :/

I have kind of a dumb question, but does anyone use baby powder? I realized we have several bottles that we received as gifts, but I don't really know when/how to use it. Is it for every diaper change or just for rash? 
  • @labecker55358 any chair that forces positioning and a certain posture for little ones can be detrimental to their muscle development as well as development of their balance, gross and fine motor, and neck/head strength. If you do any sort of google search around it there are lots of articles. I work closely with occupational therapists (OTs) and physical therapists (PTs) and so I probably know more than the typical mama about various positioners (we only use positioners for kids who lack mobility and need walkers/wheel chairs.) There are a couple good articles HERE and HERE if you want to know more.

I am NOT trying to be preachy or flame anyone, everyone can choose for themselves what works best for their family and your kid certainly isn't going to developmentally struggle if they are in there a few minutes a day. Keep things in perspective for sure.
  • @JYesi0812 we have one as well. I'll pop DS in there for a few minutes if I'm doing something in the kitchen, but he doesn't really like it yet. @theshannondee can you share the concerns with using these seats? I definitely don't want to use with DS if it can lead to problems :/

I have kind of a dumb question, but does anyone use baby powder? I realized we have several bottles that we received as gifts, but I don't really know when/how to use it. Is it for every diaper change or just for rash? 

My pediatrician said to get rid of any baby powder we had and not to use it. She said recent studies had found that babies inhale it and it settles in their lungs and can be dangerous. I've never used it because she was so adamant about it, but I believe it's supposed to help keep babies dry and prevent diaper rash. We just use rash cream every few changes and it seems to keep him from getting any irritation.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @winnie1122 thanks! We use cream too, and that seems to be enough. I was just curious about the powder because it seems to be such a baby staple, but I don't think we'll be using it now!
  • I just flew with my LO at 9 weeks and was fine!
  • @tennisbabymama Is she only crying and fussing at the one hour mark? That sounds like a good schedule for her age! I have been doing lots of research on sleep, etc. for when I made my LOs schedule and that sounds normal to me. She just started staying up an hour and fifteen minutes before getting fussy. Obviously all babies are different and some can stay up longer/need more sleep, but a lot of moms have success adding 15 minutes of wake time per month. At one month the average awake time is 45 minutes.  If your daughte  is happy during the hour, it sounds like she just wants to go to bed and is letting you know. I would try putting her down slightly before the hour mark to anticipate her need and avoid the screaming. 
  • @jjtruffles I've been crocheting on & off since I taught myself when I was 9. It's a great relaxer! Still don't make anything too extreme but I've been branching out a little lately. If you have the patience to learn I'm sure a YouTube video or 2 could make you a pro in no time :)
  • we aren't using sitters/walkers and I'm requesting that the saycare not put him in one. (I was actually surprised to see them there as it is the best daycare in our area.) Canada banned them back in 2004 because they cause a delay in motor development and other developmental issues. 

DS has been not up every hour at night this week. Yay leap 3. During the day he's awake 2 hours MAX before he gets cranky and needs a nap. Sometimes he'll sleep for 15 minutes, sometimes 3 hours, but the nap is a must or he just cries and cries and cries. 
  • I was given a Bumbo and used it to keep DD propped up for pictures but she was never in it for more than 5 minutes at a time. She was in P.T. for a year so I was extra careful not to use things harmful to her development. However, many of my pictures of her had the Bumbo in it so it looked like I used it tons. I feel like I should have put a disclaimer- these aren't good for development. Only used for pictures. Do not try at home !  
  • We had great sleep too!! 9p-330a and the. U til 6:30am after we normally get up. I feel like a whole new person. 

@FTM53 That super sucks! My dog kept trying ti go for the pacifiers. So we have a ton of extras and try our hardest to remember to leave them out of reach. 
  • @lf93 don't worry about that! Baby will make up for it during the day. DD has been sleeping thru the night and she's still getting 30oz of breast milk a day. Just keep an eye on her weight and make sure he's still on track. I weigh DD on my home scale and then subtract my weight!

@ftm53 that sucks big time!! My cat loves to attack the pacifiers...less destructive but still annoying!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • I'm going the opposite direction. LO has decided she no longer wants to sleep through the night and is up every 3 hours again. Thank goodness my FIL is in town and is loving entertaining her all day.
  • We had a horrible time last night too! Same thing! She is now up every 3 hours and she used to sleep through the night. 
  • Yuppp going through some sleep regression here too. She's also always been good at falling asleep on her own but lately I have to hold her and the second I put her down she shoots wide awake. My patience is being tested big time.