December 2016 Moms

Weekly Appointments 10.24

13»

Re: Weekly Appointments 10.24

• Sounds like isolated systolic hypertension, which is a fairly common type of BP disorder.  Though one reading is simply that, one reading.  Interestingly enough 140+/68 seems to be the Mendoza line.  If it were less than 68 consistently, it might be more of a concern.  If it continues, make sure you bring it up - as sudden onset with previous stable BP should be seen by a cardio.  FX that it's nothing... just your body revolting against pregnancy a bit more before this whole thing is over  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Had my 32 week appointment today. Got my disability note to go off work at 37 weeks. My BP was slightly high so I have to go in Monday for a BP check. L is measuring on track and she said probably about 4 pounds.

Next appointment is at 35 weeks. Strep B test and ultrasound. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • @DiFazette Thank you. It has been very similar to that for the last couple of weeks. No one has commented though, as *I think* no one really believes I'll be pregnant long enough for it to matter much. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @Kate08Young wow!!! I just want to say that your body is more ready than mine was after 26 hrs of labor at 41 weeks! You got this! 

@SmashJam YAY!!!! Glad you get out of work early. 

I just read through the thread, and gotta throw in my 2 cents!

Since I'm having a RCS, my practice doesn't even check for dilation or effacement. No pants off, I think they don't want to disturb my lady parts into labor. But  because of the RCS, I don't get a 3rd tri US because it doesn't really matter how big he is or what position he's in. Fundal height has been measuring 3-5weeks ahead, but I think some of that has to be my fat and fluid retention. I really want an ultrasound though :( 

Love to my mommas out there dealing with BP issues, mine has been back and forth, but no protein. But I had pre-e with my first, so I feel your pain. Hang in there!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Had my 32 week appointment yesterday.  Another quick in and out, but Little Miss looks good and is head down.  My glucose readings are good (MD had no complaints) and I get to start the non-stress tests at the next appointment (fun...)  Due to the non-stress tests and the office wanting to make sure they could accommodate my work schedule, my next four appointments are now scheduled for every Monday morning in November.  Will have a growth scan at 35 weeks and I'm a little anxious to see how big she's getting.  With this being my first, and the fact that DH and I were not huge babies, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the GD may throw a little bit of a wrench in that plan...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @Kate08Young I'm sorry I'm not much help with the BP stuff. At this point, if my diastolic was 68, I'd do a backflip. Mostly I'm gauging my BP as, "Oh, awesome! I'm not dead!" It's not very scientific but I've had very positive results so far haha.
  • @dmontgo I understand. Anytime I'm asked how I or baby are doing my response is 'we are alive'. Thats just the best I can do anymore.

• Just finished my 32 week appointment. Met with another male doctor in the practice and how he was redeemed the fact that I did not like the other male doctor I met with at my last appointment. At the last appointment when I mentioned symptoms I am having, the doctor would say "that's normal" or "that's gravity for you" - this week's guy would tell me WHY it was normal and what I could do to help make things more comfortable. Baby and I are doing just fine, though when the doctor was measuring, he said the fundal was 33 weeks - does this mean I am measuring a week ahead? No one has mentioned the measurement before. We have our next two appointments scheduled, which will get us through November, then the weekly appointments!
  • Had my 32 week appt yesterday- things are going well. Baby seems to be head down already (they thought she was at my 28 week appt, too). Hoping she likes it there and stays put. I got my TDAP this time. The nurse warned me that my arm would be sore afterward. A few hours later I didn't notice any soreness, so I started talking about how it wasn't really a big deal at all. By the time I went to bed though, my arm really hurt! Shouldn't have jinxed myself.
    The midwife gave us homework- we need to have our birth plan/preferences written up by our next visit at 36 weeks so we can go over them and get it loaded into our chart. We just finished our childbirth class on Wednesday, so it's good timing. Now I really have to sit down and think about all these things!
    @AbriannaO I think that is roughly what that measurement means. At my 28 week visit I was measuring at 29.5cm, and this time at my 32 week visit I was measuring 31.5cm. Both times they told me I was right on track. I was told that so long as you are within 2cm of your number of weeks there isn't really cause for concern of baby being too big or too small, it's just withing the margin of error. 
  • I had my weekly appointment today.  Baby is weighing 4lbs 13oz.   Cervix is still shortening and is at 1.78 cm.  So bedrest continues.  My doctor hopes I can make it another two weeks and so that baby will not have to go to NICU because of low birth weight.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @washyourhandsplease Have you had the steroid shots? They are supposed to really help with avoiding NICU time this late in the game. 
    Also, I find it terribly interesting how different doctors/practices handle similar situations. My OB never put me on full bedrest, and my cervix was way shorter at 22 weeks than yours is now. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Good Luck Lady.

• @kate081206 Thanks!  I haven't had the steroid shots yet.  However, I do receive the weekly Makena injections to help prevent preterm labor.   I have a history of preterm labor so that may be why my doctor is being extra cautious.  I had a preterm baby at 21 weeks in 2011.  My baby last year was also born at 35 weeks.  I also had a short cervix with him and was on bedrest but had to be induce due to HELLP syndrome.  He spent one week in the NICU due to low birth weight and feeding issues.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @washyourhandsplease That is a helluva history with babies. It also now makes complete sense why they are being very cautious compared to my doc who cant figure out why I even have a short cervix.

• I had a regular check up this morning with a nurse practitioner from my OBs office. Just a quick appointment. 
    Then I had a growth check ultrasound. From what I saw on the screen, baby is still measuring about a week and a half ahead, but at least not the three weeks my fundal height is ahead. My OB should call me on Monday to see if I can stop the progesterone earlier than we had talked about. My cervix has shortened up a little bit more, even on the progesterone, but is still at 2.2, so still on modified bed rest. Also trying to make it at least two more weeks, to 37.
    Then we had our life insurance physicals at home. The tech couldn't get my blood drawn (I have small veins), so now I have to go into their clinic half an hour from home. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Had my 34 week aapp today. The baby looks good and is head down. I have been having weird chest flutters so I have to go get an EKG to check it out. It isn't anything out of the ordinary for me and my numbers have been good all pregnancy, so I was kinda hoping to avoid going to my GP... but I suppose I should suck it up and go just in case. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Had my 33 week appointment. Blood pressure was good, Scarlett sounded good, back in 2 weeks. Very uneventful, which I'm grateful for, especially reading what some of you are dealing with. I can't imagine.  
  • 34 week visit yesterday. Baby is head down and has dropped. Got my note to get off work soon since I anticipate this baby coming sooner than expected. It's my 3rd and I know my body, I possible can't much bigger than this!
  • I didn't have a chance to get on this weekend. 31 week appointment was on Friday.  Good information about the GD, except a pep talk that I could do everything right and as my placenta grows we may have to switch to meds anyway... which is not fun to hear.  We did schedule all of our appointments till delivery, including the week after my due date just in case.  And we are scheduled for a growth estimate US at 36 weeks due to the GD. I am feeling slightly better about everything but also anxious about needing to go on meds after all of the changes I have already made.