December 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 10.24

True wisdom from your neighborhood Cookie Monster. Who has appointments this week?

Me:27   H:30
Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
Trying to conceive since 01.2014
Low AFC and azoospermia
IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Appointments 10.24

• Options
    I have a perinatal appt tomorrow and an OB appt Thursday. This will be the case from here on out for me.
  • Options
    I have an appointment today in about five hours. Usual check up I'm guessing. Then I will return in two weeks when I'm 35 weeks to start my weekly appointments and getting "checked". I had mentally prepared myself for checks starting at 36 weeks but I guess our OB office is different 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ultrasound today to check size and position, and regular 33 week appointment Friday!
  • Options
    Bi-weekly appointment on Thursday, then again in two weeks at which point I'll start weeklies.

@sheshae you don't have to have your cervix checked if you won't want to - I didn't until I was admitted at 42 weeks plus 2 with my DS last time. 

• Options
    I have my 33 week appointment today. Shouldn't be too exciting but hoping to schedule our 35 week scan. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @DiFazette my hips feel the same way. I literally fell back down on the couch last night and cried it hurt so bad.
  • Options
    I have a breastfeeding class tonight, a tour of the birthing center tomorrow and my 31 week appointment on Friday.  It's my first since being diagnosed with GD so I'm excited to see how this is going to affect the rest of my pregnancy (other than the diet and blood sugar checks that I am already doing).  For some reason my dr. has me on monthly appointments still until 36 weeks, then one at 38 weeks and then weekly after that.  It seems strange after reading everyone else's appointments.  But that could also change now with GD.
  • Options
    I feel like I am the only one that isn't getting a 3rd trimester u/s. My doctor said that unless medically necessary, insurance does not cover any other u/s after the 20 week one. I want to see the baby!! 

I start my bi-weekly appointments on Friday. I am glad that I am back on a schedule for even weeks. Because we had our u/s at 19 weeks, it put us being at odd weeks for monthly appointments. I already have the next two scheduled out after this as we are trying to fit in all of the other doctors at the practice around mine and my DH's work schedules. I just scheduled my TDap vaccine with my PCP for tomorrow afternoon. 

How many others have their DH join for all of the appointments? I am glad that he has been able to show up for everything so far, but now that we are getting to the last stretch, fitting things around both of our work schedules is getting difficult. I work 10 minutes away from my OB while he is 40 min, so it would be so much easier for me to just drop in real quick mid-day for an appointment, but I don't want to not include him since he seems to want to be involved. 
  • Options
    @AbriannaO I do not have a third trimester ultrasound and we are not doing an elective 3D one. Also, my DH does not come with me to appointments - it just doesn't work with our schedules and honestly they are usually less than 15 minutes anyway so it seems kind of pointless. He didn't come when I was a FTM either - I just make sure to update him after each one as he always wants to know how we are doing. 

• Options
    @acreight13, I feel like right now they are kind of a waste of time for him to drive to with them being such short appointments. I won't turn him away for wanting to come, but it's just getting annoying trying to schedule, especially since usually early morning (7 am) or late afternoon (4:30) are what work best for him and we've already seen all the doctors that work those hours and now we need to start seeing the mid-day ones. Maybe I'll see if he's okay with me skyping him in if he really wants to be in the room. During the one appointment where they did a pap screening, he was very uncomfortable (HA - it is only going to get worse buddy), but that's what all the weekly appointments are going to be, a dr looking up my lady bits determining where I am. 

I am glad I am not the only one not having a late u/s. I want to see the baby again, but I don't feel like paying for the elective 3D scan.
  • Options
    acreight13acreight13 member
    edited October 2016
    @AbriannaO If he's fine with missing some I think it is more important that you meet other doctors, at least in my opinion. If your practice works like mine you could have any one of them be there on the day/night of your delivery and it's waaaaaay nicer to have a face you recognize when you're in labor than meet someone for the first time. Trust me. I was 20 hours in to my labor and a doctor I'd never met showed up to talk to me about a possible emergency c-section. Not the best time for a meet and greet to say the least. 

• Options
    @AbriannaO - my doctors office does not do a third tri ultrasound unless they are worried that something is wrong so I don't have one scheduled.

My DH also doesn't come to my appts anymore - he came to the first few and also the ultrasounds and will make it work if there are any appointments later where we are going to discuss something important (like if I have to be induced or something).  But it's too complicated to find times that work for both of us all the time for just the routine 15 min check up.
  • Options
    @AbriannaO I'm also kind of bummed about not getting any more ultrasounds but my doctor office said the same thing. We haven't had one since the anatomy scan either.

Also, my husband only went to one appointment (AS) and only stayed for the ultrasound portion. I don't see any need for him to be there at this point.
  • Options
    @AbriannaO My OB doesn't do 3rd trimester ultrasounds either. Unless you want to pay the $100 to do the 3D/4D one which they offer from 20 weeks to 34 weeks.

I just got back from my appointment which was the fastest I've ever been seen. I spent don't even think I was in the office all together for more than 10 minutes.
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks just to check placenta location due to previa. I saw a leg I think...but it wasn't one of those see the baby and get pictures ultrasounds. I won't get another unless something is suspected to be wrong. 

Also DH only comes to "important" appointments. Those have been the dating ultrasound, anatomy scan, and 28 week placenta ultrasound. He only came to that to take notes or provide support if I was gonna be put in bedrest (we knew the ultrasound wouldn't show good baby pics ahead of time). 

This week I have an appointment tomorrow  (34 weeker). Supposed to be boring but I've gained 4 pounds in the last 8 days(after only gaining 10 total through 32.5 weeks), am super swollen in the mornings (goes down after breakfast until mid afternoon swelling starts), and my blood pressure is going up a lot (from 95/55 2 weeks ago to 125/85 this morning). I didn't change my diet, exercise, or stressors  in that time frame so I'm worried pre-e may be starting to show its ugly head again. I've also been having back pain and some contrax since my kidney infection hospitalization so I wanna ask when to worry and what is just "normal pregnancy problems". Being a STM I feel like that should be obvious but it's a hard line to determine for me I guess. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options

@AbriannaO I will have a 3rd trimester scan but only because of GD.  I wasn't going to have another either, but now they have to see how big the baby is getting.  But I don't think my office does it until about 38 weeks. 

DH has gone to all of my appts except one.  I think it helps him feel more comfortable having the information come directly from the doctor and so he can ask questions too.  But it is also because he works 3rd shift and we do appointments first thing so he is just getting out of work.  If he worked a different shift he wouldn't come other than for the really important ones.

• Options
    Had my first chiropractor appointment this morning. She does therapeutic massage first, then bone adjustments. Therapeutic massage is so not the same as regular nice relaxing massage! But hope it all help the back/rib pain I've been having. 

OB tomorrow. Don't think it'll be anything special. 

My OB says insurance won't cover a third tri scan unless there is an issue. She says she always tried to squeeze one in around 35 weeks or so by recording a bogus fundal height measurement that would indicate need for a growth scan. Honestly though, I might pass on another scan (unless there turkey was an indication to do one). I'd love to see his little face again but if after discussing it with our care team we see no medical benefit, then I think it may be a good time to start straying away from "interventions". Both so we can practice our advocating skills and so our OB gets a better sense/reminder of our birth preferences. 
  • Options
    I'm only having ultrasounds this trimester because I'm falling apart! :D <--- crazed smile

I don't get pics though. Womp Womp.

DH has been to every.single.appointment except for one because he had class. He wants to go and be a part of it--but also now because he worries about me and doesn't want me to get too stressed. He's so excited about Ashton and really wants to be hands-on: He asked me to get him some new "dad gear" for Christmas lol.

• Options
    I have my 32 week appointment on Thursday. I think I have a foot or head in my ribs so I'm asking about that and if I will get a 3rd tri ultrasound. I think this baby is going to be breech. I just have this feeling but as of when I asked before I was told there was no way to know until we get closer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was really surprised I got a 3rd tri ultrasound. Dr. did mention that if I couldn't get it in (I have to go elsewhere for them), it's not a big deal. 

DH only came to the first appointment, and the ultrasounds. It's just too hard to schedule. He had mentioned coming to one of the last weekly ones, so we'll hopefully coordinate that. 
  • Options
    I have had a couple 3rd tri USs because of issues. Now that we know she is head down, I eont have anymore.

If my fever and contrax stay as they are, Ill have my 35 week app on Thursday. I'll get checked to see if cerclage is still there/ripped out and to see how dilated I am.

If my fever kicks up, or contrax get mote intense or closer together then I get to have E.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Just finished up the ultrasound. Baby is head down, with plenty of fluid. Estimated weight is 4 pounds 9 oz, and 3 days ahead, but no change in due date. She had lots of hair! 
  • Options
    My appointment today (33 weeks) was much longer than expected. After mentioning decreased fetal movement and listening to baby boy we ended up doing a NST. All is good thankfully but that was nerve wrecking for a bit. We have our last biweekly appointment and scan to see if he is still breech on 11/7. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Have my regular 32 week appt on Thursday morning. Probably won't be too eventful, but we will have just finished our childbirth class, so I may want to spend some time discussing birth plan options/policies with my midwife.
    @BenNSarah that's the same appt schedule that I'm on- monthly until 36 weeks, then two weeks (38 weeks), then weekly until baby is here. I have two friends who are pregnant and being seen by other practices in my area who also have this same appt schedule. Sounds like it's a thing. My midwives always emphasize they are happy to see me in between appts if anything comes up. 
    @AbriannaO I don't think I'll get a 3rd tri scan either. I almost didn't get at 1st tri scan either, since I was so sure about my dates. But I think they saw the look on my face when they said I'd have to wait until 20 weeks for my first US, and decided to send me for a scan just to "confirm" my EDD. 
    My DH has been coming to all of my appts so far. It would be nice to keep that up, but it does get trickier the more often you are seen. My visits are usually 30 to 45 minutes, so it doesn't seem like such a waste of time for DH to come all the way from work to be there. 
  • Options
    I have three appointments on Friday. The first is a regular check up, then an ultrasound to check growth (I have been measuring three weeks ahead for the last two months!), and then DH and I have physicals so we can get our life insurance policies.
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    34 week appointment is Tuesday. One more biweekly appointment and then every week after 36 weeks.  My dr does not do third tri scans, unless there is an issue. DH comes to as many of the appointments as he can work out. Not a big deal he has missed a few. I think he just really likes to be apart of this journey too. 
  • Options
    @jandd2014 will the life insurance company accept your physical while pregnant? When I was looking around a few years ago all the ones I asked said I had to wait until 3-6 months post partum because a physical during pregnancy is not representative of your actual health. 

• Options
    @sourlemon they better! I've talked to them a few times since getting the quotes and trying to schedule the physicals and have made it very clear that I'm pregnant and they haven't said that would be a problem. The questionnaire had a whole section on current pregnancy info. Its through USAA so maybe they're more used to this than some other companies would be? I don't know. Thanks for the heads up though! I'll be sure to double check!
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    @sourlemon and @jandd2014 I've been wanting to get a life insurance policy too! My DH has one through work, but we aren't sure whether this job of his is long term or not, so we will wait until he decides to leave there before getting him an independent plan. My company doesn't offer life insurance, so I want to get that taken care of soon. Luckily my friend's mom is an agent and can get me a great deal, but I need to see if I need to wait until after the baby is born. For some reason, pregnancy makes me very morbid because I now have to figure out how to prepare for if something happens.

• Options
    @jandd2014 We got life insurance through USAA a couple years ago, and the physical consisted of a medical representative coming to our house and taking a blood sample, height, weight, and blood pressure---then they ask you some questions like "Are you a walking cesspool of disease?" If not, you're in the clear. ;)

Considering it wasn't that intensive, I don't see why they wouldn't accept your physical, unless you have GD or a complication that significantly alters your normal stats.

What we really need to do is update our living will bleh.
  • Options
    Sounds like they would accept it then. You still may want to have another physical a few months after the kiddo is born though since pregnancy effects blood pressure and definitely weight. If you rates would be lower due to being at a more normal weight it may be worth looking into. 

I also had problems last pregnancy with blood pressure that never went away so my rates always looked bad. Luckily my work had open season for life insurance (first time in 15 years!) Last month so I upped mine. No health check required. I always had some through work though just not "enough" until now. 

• Options
    So I'm glad I have an appt this afternoon. Been fighting headaches since Sunday and I b woke up at 4 feeling like my head was gonna split in half. My right hand was also about 2ce the size of my left and I gained another 1.5 pounds since yesterday! That puts me at 6 pounds...in 7 days...with no change in diet. Ugh. Kinda worried about getting stuck in the hospital again. 

• Options

I had my 32 week appointment on Monday- am still measuring ahead but that's not surprising given my GD.  Didn't gain any weight- so that was good, but had a steroid shot to help with LO's lungs in the event of an early delivery since I've had Pre-E and Gestational Hypertension with my last 2.  She's seeing me weekly now because of the GD and possible BP issues but my BP is holding steady and is the best it's ever been!

I have to go today to get my final steroid shot and will go again on Monday and every Monday until delivery.  I'll have another ultrasound at 36 weeks to check position, weight and discuss possible delivery methods.

• Options
    @dmontgo I'll update later for sure. Coupled with my recent rise in BP I'm not so optimistic. But maybe...just maybe...I'll get lucky. High bp and pre-e didn't hit me last pregnancy until 38 weeks and 39 weeks respectively, so this is early for me. Maybe it's nothing. 

• Options
    FX for good news this week @sourlemon @dmontgo.  Found out today that baby is still breech.  I will have an ultrasound before my 36 week appt to confirm position and check to see if it looks like there is still room for baby to flip.  Then I can schedule an ECV or a c-section.  Has anyone ever had an ECV before?
  • Options
    @penelope4612 Never had an ECV, but did a good amount of reading on the subject over the weekend. I'm paranoid this little guy is going to stay transverse for some reasons. Anyways...I liked this article. Linked to a lot of other studies you can check out as well. 

https://evidencebasedbirth.com/what-is-the-evidence-for-using-an-external-cephalic-version-to-turn-a-breech-baby/

Ive also been studying up on all the spinning babies techniques as well. Just in case.  ;)
  • Options
    I don't have an appt til week 36 but it's the GBS swipe one.... this is the part where things just start getting more invasive. I'll definitely be declining any pre-labor  cervical checks (the midwives prefer avoiding doing them until active labor anyway) but I am trying to prepare myself for the lack of privacy involved with childbirth- anyone else feel self conscious with this part?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16