May 2017 Moms

UO 10/27

2»

Re: UO 10/27

• @WombThereItIs - I'm glad I'm not alone! I feel the same way - I'm not dragging my tired body all around the neighborhood (likely carrying him most of the time, since he will get sick of walking after a few houses), when he has no idea what is going on!!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Loading the player...
  • oooHHH. After @ChristinaWild & @WombThereItIs post I realized I have an UO :)

I don't think throwing a 1 year old a huge birthday party is necessary. I think it's fine to have a small birthday party with close family and friends. I don't plan on having a huge party for my kids until they're five (maybe) and they have their own friends to invite.

I have a friend who rented a place for her son's 1st birthday this weekend, two bouncy houses and is having food catered. Honestly, I think that money could have been put to better use.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• AMEN on the foods @chickyclg

My best lunch this pregnancy so far has been raw milk cheeses and crackers. Yum. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @WombThereItis @chickyclg

Is it terrible that I give myself a cheat day? On Fridays I eat whatever I want.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• h&pmomma said:
    @nda_roxybabe I guess my UO would be that I'd give anything to be back in Phoenix with the 97 degree temps right now! I'd gladly give up this constant rainy weather we have going on in Washington. I'm an Arizona native and I miss my sunshine!!! 
    We just hit 100 here in the Phoenix area. SO OVER IT!!! (But I hate the snow, so....)
  • @Yiggle09 That reminds me of a Simpsons quote about the Baby on Board stickers: "Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car!"  :p
  • emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited October 2016
    @Yiggle09 - My problem with 'baby on board' stickers is that they imply wrecks are on purpose. Like... if you've got to have a wreck, don't do it with MY car because I've got a baby in the car. 

ETA: @ScientistShesus - I don't allow anyone but DH and me to post pictures of DS. I can't control who other peoples' friends are or their privacy settings, and he is MY baby. If my MIL posted pictures, she would not be allowed to bring a camera/phone in his presence any more. 
  • @Yiggle09 : Don't you love the stick-people families though?! You can customize your own lil' family!
  • @lrwardrop That's what I heard, too. 
  • lrwardrop said:
    emilyalso said:
    @Yiggle09 - My problem with 'baby on board' stickers is that they imply wrecks are on purpose. Like... if you've got to have a wreck, don't do it with MY car because I've got a baby in the car. 

ETA: @ScientistShesus - I don't allow anyone but DH and me to post pictures of DS. I can't control who other peoples' friends are or their privacy settings, and he is MY baby. If my MIL posted pictures, she would not be allowed to bring a camera/phone in his presence any more. 
    I heard those baby on board stickers are to let ems or whoever know theres a baby in the car so they should attempt to save them first if there was an accident. 
    Thats what I heard as well. I think they would get saved first regardless of the baby on board sign since its usually hard to miss the favt that there is a carseat in the backseat.

@emilyalso I'm with you on the photo sharing! My SIL used to do it all the time that it was really annoying. I realized after some research that if its set to be seen by my friends only, her friends list (except for mutual) won't see them anyways. She did post one as her own and I was peeeeeeved.

• Jbananas4Jbananas4 member
    edited October 2016
    ETA ugh I wrote a whole response and when I posted, only the very first tag came up. Anyone have any idea why?? 
  • lrwardrop said:
    emilyalso said:

I heard those baby on board stickers are to let ems or whoever know theres a baby in the car so they should attempt to save them first if there was an accident. 
    I've heard that first responders recommend against them for the opposite reason.  What if you get in an accident and the kid isn't on board but the sign says they are? 

I think Baby on Board and all forms of stick figure families are super obnoxious.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @CarmCeG Agreed about the lavish first birthday parties! I also can't stand when parents/families throw a birthday party for a child that isn't very... child friendly.

My niece always has these really elaborate themes and parties that aren't really that much fun for her although my SIL enjoys planning them. Early on, all of her birthday parties were boring sit down dinners. For her seventh birthday, the theme was Little Mermaid but all of the food was ridiculously expensive seafood that none of the kids actually wanted to eat. I feel like she's missing out.
  • MoshiMoshi7MoshiMoshi7 member
    edited October 2016
    I've never really had a problem with family posting a picture here and there of DS. They don't do it often and it makes me happy that they love him and want to show him off. What does annoy me is when my sister in law, who lives ten minutes away and sees DS maybe once every six months, posts a picture of him with the hashtag #faveauntie. I have to bite my tongue so hard.

Eta: I would be super pissed if someone outed my pregnancy and ultrasound on FB @ScientistShesus
  • I know I'm late to the game, but I'm so sick of sports, especially college football. I get so pissed when I get a "breaking news" alert and it's that somebody got traded or has to sit out a few games. Don't we have more important things going on in this country?

I also can't stand the stick figure decals. I can't explain why, but it just irritates me. 
  • My husband is a firefighter- I asked him when I heard the little signs were to notify first responders (my last bmb I think)and he told me they are trained to always assume there is someone in the vehicle who is non-responsive so not really necessary.
    Personally I'm thinking of getting one so I never have to lose the baby weight.
    My UO: I have no desire to run my own business, be my own boss or work from home. Give me going to work, someone else dealing with upper management crap and leaving the nonsense at work after 8 hours any day.
    also what up fellow Arizonans- Tucson here- 98 degrees today
  • My U/O is that I think it's really weird (and frankly annoying) when people talk to you about It Works! wraps and dieting supplements the moment you become pregnant. It happened so much with my DD and I'm dreading it again this time. I managed to bounce back with DD and if I don't with this one, I still don't want that crap. Is it so hard to believe people can be happy in the skin they're in?
  • @ChristinaWild lol about "pearl clutching"

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I always loooove reading this thread! I'm on the bandwagon with the family decals- ridiculous!

This is probably not an UO, but i HATE having to do other peoples' jobs for them. I placed a to go order, a salad, and when i get there there's no salad dressing. I asked where it is and THe guy simply says "oops"! WTF, I'm supposed to eat a dry ass salad! Do your job! So I bagged up my food so he could take his sweet time getting my salad dressing because I was gonna be late for work. UGH!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @SKZW the people we used to bowl with have walking dead themed family on their car.... with a dog and everything. 
    @lrwardrop yes I have heard that as well (and will have to follow up and ask my first responder friends if that is something they check) but I agree with some of the other ladies on here who say that the sticker implies accidents are avoidable if you advertise you have a baby on board
  • @CarmCeG Agreed about the lavish first birthday parties! I also can't stand when parents/families throw a birthday party for a child that isn't very... child friendly.

My niece always has these really elaborate themes and parties that aren't really that much fun for her although my SIL enjoys planning them. Early on, all of her birthday parties were boring sit down dinners. For her seventh birthday, the theme was Little Mermaid but all of the food was ridiculously expensive seafood that none of the kids actually wanted to eat. I feel like she's missing out.

Yeah, that's what I mean. My friend was just telling me how she had cookies made with the babies face on them for a whole lot of money..

I'll just be going for the food, its supposed to be really great.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• kayemjay2 said:
    Alright, I'll start. I live in Chicago....and I don't care about the Cubs.

Also, Baseball is the most boring sport. I generally can't get into sports in which the players don't have to be in good shape to excel. 
    Haha I completely disagree with your unpopular opinion about My Cubbies, but a few years ago I probably would have agreed! I've grown to love them! I'll only watch them though... I personally hate watching football although Bears games are fun.
  • Huh it never even occurred to me to take our 15 month old trick or treating. Although now that I think about it maybe DH can take him and I can stay at home and lay in bed...
    Also i am pretty neutral as far as the baby on board or bumper sticker families are concerned but I will say that right after DS was born it occurred to me that it would have been useful to have one so that other drivers would know we were driving like elderly people because it was a newly terrifying experience to have our tiny baby in the car with us. 
  • A few days past but I am getting caught up on TB after a few crazy days at work...
    For Halloween we had planned to go
    to my SIL since we live in a rural area. SIL also invited her parents and her inlaws. They all want to walk along as the kids go house to house. There will be 10 people (1 in an electric scooter!) walking around 4 kids all under the age of 5. Every holiday does not need to be a family event!! Considering taking them trunk or treating this weekend and that is or! 
  • kayemjay2 said:

Also, Baseball is the most boring sport. I generally can't get into sports in which the players don't have to be in good shape to excel. 
    Haha I completely disagree with your unpopular opinion about My Cubbies, but a few years ago I probably would have agreed! I've grown to love them! I'll only watch them though... I personally hate watching football although Bears games are fun.
    Haha...I assumed you'd disagree. Bears games are okay, but Bulls are definitely my favorite- at least until everyone left! Enjoy your Cubs weekend, I wish them well :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• kayemjay2 said:
    kayemjay2 said:

Haha...I assumed you'd disagree. Bears games are okay, but Bulls are definitely my favorite- at least until everyone left! Enjoy your Cubs weekend, I wish them well :)
    I totally miss the Michael Jordan days!