Options

UO 10/27

Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
Alright ladies, lets hear it!

Image result for gif unpopular

Re: UO 10/27

• Options
    @kayemjay2 I don't get you on baseball.  The school district I teach in wins the State Championship every year, for like 18 years straight.  They also place in the top 3 nationally every year.  They make them into kings in this town and I'm like "It's baseball...who f**&%# cares"!   Baseball is almost as boring to watch as tennis.  I feel like I am alone in this opinion sometimes!   

I don't have an UO right now.  I will probably be back later!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    From the other day, I think the "food under 1 is just for fun" mantra is BS

The when does the X tri start stuff gets a BAER from me. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 I LOVE snow!!! My next move will have to be northward because it doesn't snow enough where I live right now--although it shuts everything down when it does because they have no idea how to deal with it!
  • Options
    @kaymjay2 I feel you on baseball. It is sooooo boring. I lived in St. Louis for a while and did love going to Cardinal's games, but mostly because I love beer, socializing with friends, and the view of the city from Busch Stadium. I also played "find the mullet" in the crowd and was only there for about 5 innings. 

@MoshiMoshi7 It snowed here yesterday turning everything in to a winter wonderland. It was pretty, but too darn early for me. Can we at least get through Halloween!! Our leaves haven't even fallen, so we can rake yet.

I can't think of an OU, so I will be back. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 that is one of the things I am most looking forward to in moving to Rhode Island.  I am from the south and nervous about moving to the NE but I am looking forward to the snow.  

@Louise_Belcher we are welcoming November with mid 80's for the first week.  I would just welcome some morning lows less than 55.  At this rate I think I will be mowing my grass on Thanksgiving. :(

• Options
    I love snow, too. That is, until it's April and I just want winter to be over with. Usually I like to go skijoring with my pup, but I guess I won't be doing that this year. 

My UO is that I can't stand Mark Wahlberg. He drives me absolutely nuts, and I don't understand why people like him. 
  • Options
    I hate baseball, but I also pretty much hate all sports. Which I guess is my UO for the week. :-) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624  Agreed. I'm surprised we haven't had more bullying crybabies on this bmb.  

I grew up in the Midwest and had my fill of snow. I go back once during the holidays every year so I can get a taste of it and then flee back to the desert to enjoy our sunshine.  

I may be back with a UO.  I need inspiration.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624 I feel the same way about the use of the word "shaming". Did somebody really make you feel shame or were they just a judgmental dick. Shame is a very intense feeling and someone side eyeing you feeding your kid or whatever probably doesn't evoke that emotion.  

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    JonesBaby0624JonesBaby0624 member
    edited October 2016
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot & @Jenshoes yes...a million times...yes!!  I was reading a post yesterday with so many responses.  The entire time I was thinking..."why have you not googled what this test is??"  Commiserate absolutely but unending questions you can figure out yourself!   

• Options
    I am so insanely jealous of all you people with snow. 97 here today. Stupid, fricking, Phoenix. Ugh.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @jessbruxanovaa - I agree! My cousin announced that she was having a boy by posting her ultrasound on Facebook. The doctor had circled his boy parts and written (in all caps) "PENIS!" She had also been very vocal on Facebook in the days leading up to her ultrasound about how she really did not want a boy...but that's a whole other issue. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I am so insanely jealous of all you people with snow. 97 here today. Stupid, fricking, Phoenix. Ugh.
    I can't remember if I knew you were in PHX.  I feel your pain.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    kayemjay2 said:
    Alright, I'll start. I live in Chicago....and I don't care about the Cubs.

Also, Baseball is the most boring sport. I generally can't get into sports in which the players don't have to be in good shape to excel. 

I'm from Chicago and I don't care for baseball (or the Cubs or the Sox for that matter.) hehe

A lot of people here are getting too into it and I'm more excited about Halloween!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MoshiMoshi7MoshiMoshi7 member
    edited October 2016
    I hate when anyone and everyone thinks they need to tell teachers and administrators how to run a school and deal with students.  Just because you have a student in school or you were a student yourself does not mean you know ANYTHING about how a 
    I don't like the overuse of the word bullying.  It is an imbalance of power.  If the harassments are happening on both sides it is not bullying!!

Eta Stuck in a box
    I also don't like the overuse of the word bullying either. I think it diminishes what actual bullying victims go through.
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I guess my UO would be that I'd give anything to be back in Phoenix with the 97 degree temps right now! I'd gladly give up this constant rainy weather we have going on in Washington. I'm an Arizona native and I miss my sunshine!!! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 agreed! I love the snow, my SO constantly talks about moving south and I always get sad just knowing I'll miss the snow :(

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Jenshoes that's what inspired my UO! I'm originally from upstate NY and all my family and friends were posting about the snow. Most of them were firmly in the "I hate snow" camp. Meanwhile, I now live in Colorado where it routinely snows in September but has been unseasonably warm this year and I got jealous. I love the sunshine, but 75 degree weather is seriously cramping my Christmas music listening. (This is also probably a UO...I think it's acceptable to listen to Xmas music before Halloween.
  • Options
    @Kipperoo I hate watching sports on TV. I'd rather be the one playing, I enjoy sports more this way.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

@Jenshoes I completely agree with you on this one. Halloween means something different to everyone, just like every other holiday. If that means trick or treat when you're 23 (me) or DIY awesome costumes or "slutty" costumes have at it!! Just have fun and be safe.

And the people that complain, what do you win from complaining or talking smack? Nothing.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    CarmCeG said:
    @Kipperoo I hate watching sports on TV. I'd rather be the one playing, I enjoy sports more this way.
    Yeah, I like going to games more than I like watching them on TV, but I still don't really like them. And I absolutely hate playing sports. I actually think it's because my dad and younger brother were SO into sports and it dominated every weekend. So I developed a very deep hatred for them because they impeded everything else I wanted to do on the weekend, haha...
  • Options
    SKZW , seriously...it's SO COLD in New England today! I think I've complained about it at least a dozen times...(and I'm stuck in a box, annoyingly)...
  • Options
    @ScientistShesus Oy.  She sounds like a piece of work!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @ScientistShesus Yeessssh. Family members can be the worst sometimes. I don't even want to imagine how obsessed my MIL will be with my child. She says things like this sometimes, too. -__\

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    WombThereItIsWombThereItIs member
    edited October 2016
    @ChristinaWild if that gets your coworkers riled up then they would call child protective services on me! We haven't had any birthday parties or gotten gifts for birthdays or Christmas for (nearly) 2 year old. Ever. And no Halloween costumes or easter baskets etc. 

i am basking in the glory of my last years not having to do all that stuff while he is still too little to understand. Next year he will probably pick up on things and demand I do it for his infant sibling so I'm enjoying my final holiday season of freedom!

our parents send gifts and whatnot but he has no idea where the toys come from so why should we add to the heap?

May '17 labor memes