Breastfeeding

Yikes am I pregnant wdyt?

Ok, so I have 3 kids.  My youngest just turned 1.  She is basically ebf, she'll nibble food here and there, but most of her nutrition still comes from breast milk.  She nurses a few times through the night.  I still haven't gotten my period.  It took me years to pregnant with #1.  I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 9 months.  I ebf, but pumped in the early weeks so my period came back at 6 weeks.  My period stayed away 16 months with #2 and I got pregnant 6 months later.   I'm 30 now.  I don't really think I'm the super fertile type, but I still know I can get pregnant before my first cycle returns.  Dh and I had sex last week.  What got me thinking about it was that I was actually WANTING to have sex and I NEVER do anymore.  The very next day my breasts were sore and I thought it was because of dh playing with them, but they have been sore and more full than usual since then.  Also, my back is achy.  I read this on Kelly mom.

It is not uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to report cyclical cramping or PMS-type symptoms – symptoms of an oncoming period without the period – for weeks or even months before their period returns. When this happens, the body is probably “gearing up” for the return of menstruation, but breastfeeding is still delaying the return of fertility.

What do you think?  I know there is a chance, but how much of a chance? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Yikes am I pregnant wdyt?

• Ok, so I have 3 kids.  My youngest just turned 1.  She is basically ebf, she'll nibble food here and there, but most of her nutrition still comes from breast milk.  She nurses a few times through the night.  I still haven't gotten my period.  It took me years to pregnant with #1.  I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 9 months.  I ebf, but pumped in the early weeks so my period came back at 6 weeks.  My period stayed away 16 months with #2 and I got pregnant 6 months later.   I'm 30 now.  I don't really think I'm the super fertile type, but I still know I can get pregnant before my first cycle returns.  Dh and I had sex last week.  What got me thinking about it was that I was actually WANTING to have sex and I NEVER do anymore.  The very next day my breasts were sore and I thought it was because of dh playing with them, but they have been sore and more full than usual since then.  Also, my back is achy.  I read this on Kelly mom.

It is not uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to report cyclical cramping or PMS-type symptoms – symptoms of an oncoming period without the period – for weeks or even months before their period returns. When this happens, the body is probably “gearing up” for the return of menstruation, but breastfeeding is still delaying the return of fertility.

There's only one way to know for sure and it doesn't involve asking internet strangers. Try peeing on a stick.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • edited October 2016

Ok, so I have 3 kids.  My youngest just turned 1.  She is basically ebf, she'll nibble food here and there, but most of her nutrition still comes from breast milk.  She nurses a few times through the night.  I still haven't gotten my period.  It took me years to pregnant with #1.  I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 9 months.  I ebf, but pumped in the early weeks so my period came back at 6 weeks.  My period stayed away 16 months with #2 and I got pregnant 6 months later.   I'm 30 now.  I don't really think I'm the super fertile type, but I still know I can get pregnant before my first cycle returns.  Dh and I had sex last week.  What got me thinking about it was that I was actually WANTING to have sex and I NEVER do anymore.  The very next day my breasts were sore and I thought it was because of dh playing with them, but they have been sore and more full than usual since then.  Also, my back is achy.  I read this on Kelly mom.

OFP

@Elizabeth043086

1. You had sex so assuming it was unprotected then yes there is a chance
    2. If your period stayed away 16 months and your youngest is only a year (12 months) then it may another situation where its staying away for a very long time.
    3. To #2 - why did you not see a doctor after 60 days of no period?
    4. It's against TOU to ask if you're pregnant. @BumpAdmin
    5. If you think you're pregnant, take a pregnancy test. We can't tell you if you are or aren't

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @SaphireSweetie88 Many women don't get periods while BF; some as few as 6-8 weeks PP, some 16+ months PP. Its a normal thing, and doesn't need to checked out by a doctor. Maybe you should make sure you understand how the body works after having a baby before you advise someone to run to a doctor. 

@Elizabeth043086 It has only been 1 week since you had sex. If you had perfect timing Implantation would be occurring right about now. Which means, while you might get pregnant this cycle, you won't have enough HCG to turn a test for several more days. Also, each cycle if you have good (5 or less days before ovulation) you only have a 20% chance of conceiving. I highly recommend LURKING or joining the TTGP(Trying To Get Pregnant) board as they are a wonderful font of information, and they even have weekly or monthly posts about Trying To Avoid and how to successfully do so. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• This thread has been closed. Please do not ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"