June 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms - Week of 10/24

Re: Symptoms - Week of 10/24

• Options
    Ugh…all day sickness is killing me.  I feel sick from the minute I open my eyes until I fall asleep and nothing tastes good.  Had my OB appointment yesterday and my doctor told me to try walking throughout the day if I can.  All I want to do is put my head down.   I was sick with DD, but this is over the top.  I can keep food down, but it is an all day mental struggle -- plus my office is very far from the bathroom, so I have incentive to not get sick.  Nothing seems to work.   I hear it peaks and it should get better -- can't wait for the fog to clear.
  • Options
    I didn't have nausea until today - one of my coworkers microwaved a plate of broccoli and the smell was AWFUL. Going for a walk around the building to get away from it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I cannot figure out if I am having extra sensitive sense of smell or if I have been around a lot of smelly stuff...

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    Boobs feel heavy, bloat is real, a bit crampy, and tonight is the first night I wasn't shoveling food down my throat..... I'm hoping nausea isn't next!!! 6 weeks strong! :) 
    Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married October 2014
    TTC #1 Since June 2016
    BFP 10/21 EDD: 6/21

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @JAGinMI  I said that exact same thing today! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JAGinMI said:
    I cannot figure out if I am having extra sensitive sense of smell or if I have been around a lot of smelly stuff...
    Definitely extra sensitive. It's awful. My husband's cologne, which I usually love, was making me gag yesterday. And, I can smell everything. Things everyone else doesn't even notice. Yuck.
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 @mamaelle27 Isn't it just the oddest symptom?? If you think about it from an evolutionary perspective, it is unbelievably amazing that we are given this during pregnancy. 

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese  the nausea hasn't hit me yet, but I've heard that 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the tongue help tremendously, too. That way you're getting the benefit of the peppermint without the sugar that's in the candy! I buy essential oils from Young Living and they're really good.

For my symptoms - no nausea yet...6w2d in. Many other symptoms though....peeing all the time; EXHAUSTED!!!...and it's an exhaustion that compares to nothing I've ever experienced before; sore/heavy breasts; a little bit of cramping; a little bit of pregnancy brain/spaciness; weird, very real feeling dreams; and my taste buds are changing a bit, too....during a couple of dinners this week I couldn't finish my food because it just became disgusting to me. 
  • Options
    Feeling nauseous is a much worse feeling than actual throwing up! My last pregnancy I was so sick and I would feel so much better after puking! So gross!

I hope you find relief soon!
  • Options
    @JessicaHerron13 Part of me would like to agree with you about throwing up, but it's been so long since I've done it that I'm actually scared of it happening.  I'm sure it would at least bring temporary relief though.

@acrose0226  I hadn't even considered pregnancy brain/spaciness.  I've heard of it, but don't really know much about it. Does that happen this early? If so, I would like to blame the fact that I arrived at church on Sunday wearing two different shoes on that.  Otherwise I'll continue to blame bad sleep and a cat that woke me up several times in the middle of the night :smile:
  • Options
    @MrsW524  Preggo brain is REAL. I just heard my microwave beep to tell me to take out my lunch, and I went and opened the dryer....oops.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @MrsW524 - I brushed my teeth with soap last pregnancy around this time. I also sent many letters sans the actual letter, just the envelope. And itjust gets worse after baby in my experience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @acrose0226 the essential oils are a great idea! I got sugar free candy, so it's not very sweet, but I get the peppermint.
  • Options
    Pinkish brown discharge/spotting is okay, right? I don't want to Google and end up with a shit storm of panicking possibilities...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09, usually, yes. That's usually old blood. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pinkish brown discharge/spotting is okay, right? I don't want to Google and end up with a shit storm of panicking possibilities...
    Agree with @BelhurstBride. One exception is if you're Rh-negative and your SO is Rh-positive. Then your ob may want to be overly cautious and give a Rhogam shot. (When we saw a heartbeat yesterday, my ob reminded me that I'd need one if I had anything other than truly brown spotting going forward.)
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    I will be reading through the post but first I thought I'd post mine. It's a nice place to vent. Lol I'm super irritable and dizzy now. Ive been consitipated, have food aversions, some nausea and dry heaving, sick stomach, sore boobs on and off and sensitive nipples, fatigue, very small amount of brown spotting that lasted almost 2 days and freaked me out. It seems gone now. Thank goodness.
  • Options
    Having a rough bout of cramping today. Interestingly had the same thing same time yesterday. Seem to be caused by me holding my bladder for too long but not immediately relieved by emptying it. No bleeding so just trying to not overthink! 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    Insomia is a b*tch. I am so tired, but up most of the night. I know this will get worse too, but I just. Can't. Sleep.  I'm thankful for hgtv on demand. 

I lost about 3 lbs so far from ms too. Ah the joys. It's worth it! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I keep waking up too. Then I come on here ha. I probably should catch up on reading or something. 
  • Options
    @BelhurstBride   @c1tym0m22  How would I know if we are RH positive/negative? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone had a UTI during pregnancy? I've never had one ever. My dr's office just called to say my urine sample showed a UTI. I have no symptoms that I've noticed. Don't know if what I thought was cramping could actually be UTI pain. They prescribed amoxicilin, I think. Dr. Google says it's more common in pregnancy and should be okay treated, though of course there are scary stories if not treated. Any additional info for me?
  • Options
    @mamaelle27  I haven't had one while pregnant, but I've had them before and they can definitely cause a cramping feeling. Hopefully it gets better soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Generally you won't until you do bloodwork.  

I had spotting this time and had to get a Rhogam shot, because I've had a positive anti-body screen in the past.  
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09, blood test
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Do you guys know your blood types? My H knew his because he's donated a lot of blood. I knew mine because we typed ourselves in biology lab way back when. I'm AB- and he's O+ so I've had several doses of rhogam. 
  • Options
    Do you guys know your blood types? My H knew his because he's donated a lot of blood. I knew mine because we typed ourselves in biology lab way back when. I'm AB- and he's O+ so I've had several doses of rhogam. 
    As others have said, either your mom told you (they test newborns most of the time - it also helps them know if you'll need a Rhogam shot after you deliver), or some testing was done. When I was in the ER last week, it was one of the tests they ran for this reason.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    @thankfully  Unfortunately, no. I read on my practice's website and it says they will discuss blood types on the 2nd appointment, so I guess as long as It doesn't get worse I'll wait until then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone had a UTI during pregnancy? I've never had one ever. My dr's office just called to say my urine sample showed a UTI. I have no symptoms that I've noticed. Don't know if what I thought was cramping could actually be UTI pain. They prescribed amoxicilin, I think. Dr. Google says it's more common in pregnancy and should be okay treated, though of course there are scary stories if not treated. Any additional info for me?
    @mamaelle27 I had a UTI in my last pregnancy. Also like you I had no symptoms. My ob recommended emptying my bladder more frequently and drinking more, especially cranberry juice. I did fine on the antibiotics, don't remember what I took but I know it wasn't amoxicillin because I'm allergic to it. Good luck! 
  • Options
    My stomach is rumbling hungry pretty much all the time and at the same time i'm nauseous while I can't stomach the thought of eating anything. That and night after night of restless sleep.
  • Options
    My nausea has been better the last few days, I guess it is coming and going, but omg I have been hit by a freakin train. The exhaustion is real. Add in moving and 3 kids, including a baby who want to nurse all night and i basicLly can't function,

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I finally have some symptoms other than just fatigue and cramping/ RLP. My boobs started to hurt today and I am some what nauseous, it comes and goes. I am thinking I am just now 6 weeks due to late ovulation. It's funny how your mom brain works and you are excited to see new symptoms come around. 
  • Options
    Boobs hurt, zero appetite, insomnia, nausea, cramping. I was really looking to enjoying all the world's food in pregnancy and not have to force myself to eat
  • Options
    So much nausea!!! I haven't told anyone but DH about this pregnancy yet. I'm only 6w1d but have been sick for 5 days. It's awful. I want to complain to everyone but I can't. No throwing up so far, and I'm surviving mostly on Triscuits and Babybel cheese wheels. Last pregnancy I threw up 90% of my meals from 6-36 weeks. I'm just in constant dread that it's going to be that bad this time around. 
  • Options
    @moonkv, @owensmom0807 - another late June mama here who is also having the nausea and exhaustion kick in over the last 2-3 days. Definitely fell asleep in front of the tv at 9pm...
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Options
    @c1tym0m22 I am so thankful my son goes to bed at 7 ever night. I usually am not to far behind him. 
  • Options
    @thankfully, I only know mine (O-) and my H's (A+) because in the Army we had to put ours on our person in combat.
  • Options
    I knew I was pregnant before I even took the test because I was gagging while trying to brush my teeth! It's been my first (and lasting) symptom for both prior babies and this one is no different!
  • Options
    @mamaelle27 I had one in my first pregnancy and had zero symptoms too.  It went away with antibiotics and didn't really cause me any issues.  Hopes yours resolves quickly!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    I've been pretty sick over the past week with bronchitis and today I've started having real sharp pain in my abdomen when I cough (which is constantly). I think it's RLP but it's got me freaking out.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia