February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/17)

18910111214»

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/17)

• We had some equipment sitting around our garage that we finally craigslisted today. It has been an all day circus of calls and texts. Now I remember why we put off selling it.

This guy gets here in the loudest, most obnoxious rattling truck you have ever heard, and proceeds to leave it running while he climbs in the back to move all the crap out of the way so there is maybe room for 1 piece of equipment. DH helps him get it into the truck, and the guy does not shut up the whole time... I can hear him from inside the house.

He is finally gone, and DH tells me that when he got out his wallet, he could see the guy had a woman's ID in it for some unknown reason, and kept referring to his SO as his "old lady". I just have an instant dislike for anyone who calls their GF/wife/fiance their old lady.

I think there could be a website dedicated to the people of craigslist, in addition to the people of Walmart. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @PerraSucia I've never had Del Taco... they must not have them down here?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hate to break it to you,  @Gretchypoo.  It's very possible that some of us will start having our babies by then.....especially the multiple baby mommies. 

• @FishyMom you must live in a state without real Mexican food :pensive:
    Lol. I live in Texas so our Mexican food is delicious but it is more like Texmex food.  I think it's a childhood thing for me. I was raised on it and lately that's ALL I want. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• How long does a thread take to be stickied? Or an old thread unstickied, does anyone know?
  • I don't think that babies r us thread is ever getting unstickied. Cross-promotion, yo. 
  • ^^ lol that's funny!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think we should start a birth announcement thread until someone gives birth. We all want our babies to cook as long as possible!
    +1. 
    I'm weird about jinxes 
    Agreed!! 

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• We don't have a Walking Dead thread yet, right? If not we definitely are about to need one.
  • Question about Facebook groups for those that have joined with their past BMB. Do you still do daily threads on there? Is it just a free for all of people posting whatever they want or does it follow a similar format to here? 
  • I hope no one goes too early! My child probably won't even come till the second week of March. I just feel Feb 28th is gonna pass and I'll be 42 weeks and miserable. The docs have changed my due date so many times who knows at this point. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @homemake Yeah, we're East coast now and will be moving west and south down to Tennessee! Luckily it's not truly across the country and could be much worse! It will only be like a 14 hour drive... but when you have to stop and pee every hour, 14 hours quickly turns into 20+ hours haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • homemake said:
    Question about Facebook groups for those that have joined with their past BMB. Do you still do daily threads on there? Is it just a free for all of people posting whatever they want or does it follow a similar format to here? 
    For us it was a mix of both. 
  • How bad do you think it is to get contact high from weed? My effing neighbors are smoking it every week and it comes into our apartment so strong.  

• GretchypooGretchypoo member
    edited October 2016
    AfKash said:
    How bad do you think it is to get contact high from weed? My effing neighbors are smoking it every week and it comes into our apartment so strong.  
    The idea of a contact high is a placebo effect. Unless you are hotboxing, you're not getting high. That being said, I hate even walking or driving and smelling cigarette smoke so I understand your concern. I don't think there are any studies of the effects of Marijuana smoke on pregnant women bc weed is illegal.

I think you're okay but if you're worried ask them to take it elsewhere. Or call your landlord. 
  • Thanks @Gretchypoo. I'm going to have to talk to my landlord because I don't know which one of my neighbors it is (we live in a large building). I hate to be a buzz kill for people partying but it's making me nervous for my baby.  

• I love the smell of weed. 
  • I love the smell of weed. 
    ?? It smells like skunk,  though.  

• I would not know.  :neutral:

• +1 to loving the smell of weed. But I'm the weirdo who likes the smell of skunk, too. Wistful sigh. Cigarettes on the other hand, no thank you! 
  • @homemake my FB BMB was run similarly to the board. At the beginning tho we did a morning, afternoon, and overnight randoms thread because of the sheer volume of posts.  We did several others but as the time went by it was narrowed down to a daily random with an occasional fitness post.  In my BMB there have been several break offs or ups where a mass of people will exit and form a new group, and even currently we have a messenger chat that about 15 of my BMB are in that's just an on going convo and from there you have smaller messager chats with smaller groups, but we all check in and chat on the FB group daily thread.  

There was also a FB group formed originally from TB group but the. They also had a "regulars" FB group, I personally I'm referring to the "regulars" FB group when I talk about how ours was managed.  The more general group is a free for all now and it's not too bad.  

• I hope no one goes too early! My child probably won't even come till the second week of March. I just feel Feb 28th is gonna pass and I'll be 42 weeks and miserable. The docs have changed my due date so many times who knows at this point. 
    I'll probably have a March baby too. DD was late so I bet it will happen again!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @AfKash is it coming in your vents or just smells outside? 
  • @AfKash is it coming in your vents or just smells outside? 
    Sorry for the late response. It's both,  that's why I think there are multiple apartments doing it.  When it happened yesterday,  though,  it came through my bedroom window.  Our apartment is in a corner,  so if somebody is blowing something out their window,  the wind brings it right into my bedroom.  BTW, I forgot to call my landlord today. Oops. 

• I'm giggling as I'm reading these last few posts...on my lunch break, in the substance abuse treatment faculty where I work...
    Sooooo you MUST have some interesting stories to share with us.  It's totally allowed as long as you don't name names.  :wink:

• Sorry I'm just catching up during my lunch and I'm in a rush.  But I must have missed something! When @chef'swife brought that up....my pregnant brain thought it was an HR thing for people at her work.  I don't know how I didn't get that.  But I'm sorry I offended you or anyone else @Jab3. I would never make fun of someone with a real problem like that.