June 2016 Moms

Wonder Weeks

13»

Re: Wonder Weeks

• When is leap four supposed to start I think we may have started here LO is 15.5 weeks? Gotta get this app!
    14.5 weeks is when it starts, so it sounds like you're there. Sorry, this one is a doozy.
    We had a hellish week of no naps and pissy attitude but this weekend she seems to be back to our normal happy self. Hmmm I'm sure I'm  it in the clear yet then! 
  • Leap 4 has not been too bad, so far. We are 5 days in and the only thing we have experienced so far is mood swings. However I have found that when i pick her up, she's fine. Which sucks because I can only hold her for so long either in my arms or in the Ergo because SoCal is freaking hot.... but it is what it is. I think the app makes it look/seem worse than it can be. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it depends on your baby. The first three leaps, I barely noticed any change, although at the end of the leap he could do the skills listed. His behavior didn't change. This one, I've definitely noticed, it has affected him more. 
  • After two weeks of terrible night sleep but good naps, we have flipped to normal sleep (still every 2-3 hour feeds but goes right back to sleep) and crappy napping. He is a bear to put down and then gets immediately overtired from fighting the nap. Arrrrgh. Leap 4, you are a b*tch.
  • We are hitting the peak of leap 4. Holy crap! Yesterday he had two episodes of intense crying. The first one was bad and the second one was in bed and I think the fact that he was in bed with me helped him settle faster.  He also refused to nurse before bed and anytime I tried he would scream so I let him fall asleep and when he woke an hour later he was at least calm enough to eat.  His screaming was so bad we called the ped but she said she believes he developed colic.  She actually told me to let him CIO because there is nothing I can do and it would be better for me to not have him screaming in my ear.  Really?!   My little baby is saying "I'm upset and I don't know why!" And you want me to just go "I know you're sad but you're really loud so I'm gonna leave you here for a while and I'll come get you when you pass out"?  I feel better knowing he's not actually in any pain, that his brain is just on overdrive at night, and I'd rather cuddle him and let him know I'm there.  Besides research shows that babies will cry less if you hold them often so DH and I agreed to let him sleep in our bed at night until this passes.   Idk how I'm gonna get through this.  I really hope this colic goes away once the leap is over cause it's following the wonder week pattern to a t.  Anyone else in leap 4 dealing with crying this bad that started so suddenly?
  • edited September 2016
    A lot of nights lately Damien is too worked up to eat for bedtime so like you, we soothe him enough to pass out and he wakes up an hour later much calmer. He will eat and usually pass right back out. Sometimes he takes a bit tho. I agree that being with Preston is a better option. It's good for him to know you are there, even if he still cries.
  • Is anyone else noticing their LOs are mastering the abilities sooner than when the leap details say?  Cole supposedly is entering leap 4 today, and it says "after this leap your baby will be able to..." and then lists a bunch of activities he's been doing for a couple weeks now..  (i.e. hardly misses when he graps something, putting my hand in his mouth, pulls a cloth away from his face, hits a toy on the table, reacts to his image in a mirror, responds to his name...)
  • I can't tell if it's the teething or the start of leap 4 (or the combo) but today was rough... The last 3 leaps have been barely noticeable, but suddenly she only wants mom and sometimes even I can't calm her down. It's going to be a long month...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Our LO supposedly started Leap 4 today. She wasn't overly cranky or crying, but she struggled all day to fall asleep and stay asleep. Does anyone know if this is a Leap 4 thing, or just some other random stage she is going through?
  • Holy hell, the mood swings in leap 4 are no joke. 20 more days of this, yikes.
  • My baby is going through the second part of this leap the past few days--- ultra moody, crying easily, super clingy, bad sleep, grabbing and bruising me. Where did my sweet baby go?  :'(
  • Looks like they did a massive overhaul of the WW app. Took me a bit to figure it out!
  • Looks like they did a massive overhaul of the WW app. Took me a bit to figure it out!

Ugh I know, I can't figure it out

Ugh I know, I can't figure it out
    I do like that the leap calendar has 2 different views; one with actual dates and one with just the week #s. I had to basically just fiddle with everything, select all the icons and such to see what each one did. I couldn't even find the app icon on my phone!
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    edited October 2016
    Leap 4 has turned Savannah into a serious mommy's girl. She wants attention/to be held all the time! I notice the biggest difference in the car, she used to sleep and now she cannot wait to get out and be held. The screaming/crying so hard she holds her breath breaks my heart :s

Anyone else?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • My baby has been extra clingy since he went through leap four (which we are supposedly done with). Also our sleep has continued to be terrible. Sigh.
  • Leap 4 has turned Savannah into a serious mommy's girl. She wants attention/to be held all the time! I notice the biggest difference in the car, she used to sleep and now she cannot wait to get out and be held. The screaming/crying so hard she holds her breath breaks my heart :s

Anyone else?
    Yep. He used to not care who he was with, as in me, my hubby, or my parents . Now he mainly wants me.
  • Tawny87 said:
    Leap 4 has turned Savannah into a serious mommy's girl. She wants attention/to be held all the time! I notice the biggest difference in the car, she used to sleep and now she cannot wait to get out and be held. The screaming/crying so hard she holds her breath breaks my heart :s

Anyone else?
    Yep. He used to not care who he was with, as in me, my hubby, or my parents . Now he mainly wants me.
    If someone unfamiliar to him even approaches me to chat while I'm holding him, he starts crying.
  • Oy is my response to all 3 of your responses  :#
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • My baby has been extra clingy since he went through leap four (which we are supposedly done with). Also our sleep has continued to be terrible. Sigh.
    We're right there with you on the terrible sleep. Waking up every couple of hours lately. I'm crossing my fingers that it's because of teething and once this first tooth breaks through things will settle down a bit. 
  • We are smack in the middle of leap 4.  He's only had a couple sporadic nights of not sleeping through.  Tonight is a little different.  Normally if he wakes up its around 2am.  Tonight he only made it to 11:30.  He took a bottle but just got him back down.  I'm wondering though how much is the leap and how much something else.  He didn't poop today(technically yesterday), so I think it might be a little belly ache.  He also has developed a slight cough which I'm monitoring.  No temp but wonder if he just doesn't feel great.  Plus a cold front came through the last two days so maybe that has some affect too? Most likely a little of all of the above. 
  • Ever since leap 4 has ended this past week, she has been crying big tears and has learned a new shrill cry whenever I put her down in the exerciser or little infant chair to do something in the kitchen. She plays for approximately one minute, looks at me, cries (this included getting red in the face and screaming). I feel like I am abandoning her but I can't hold her at all times.. She only does this with me.. my dh doesn't see this side of her and takes this as a joke.
  • celticlor said:
    Ever since leap 4 has ended this past week, she has been crying big tears and has learned a new shrill cry whenever I put her down in the exerciser or little infant chair to do something in the kitchen. She plays for approximately one minute, looks at me, cries (this included getting red in the face and screaming). I feel like I am abandoning her but I can't hold her at all times.. She only does this with me.. my dh doesn't see this side of her and takes this as a joke.
    The best thing that ever happened was my LO finallyyyy acting like that with DH. Ever since he has been much more appreciative of me and never expects a clean house or dinner ready when he gets home. She just hates being put down! The jumper has helped a little bit, but the mommaroo or rock and play? Forget it.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I wish! Because of school and work, DH has unfortunately not been around as often (a sore subject for me) and she has been mommy's little girl so far and she has me SO wrapped around her little pinky! I look forward to next week when DH has her all to himself while I go to an out-of-state conference. Hopefully more appreciation for what I do but I have a feeling I will be coming home to the disaster zone. :-/
  • celticlor said:
    I wish! Because of school and work, DH has unfortunately not been around as often (a sore subject for me) and she has been mommy's little girl so far and she has me SO wrapped around her little pinky! I look forward to next week when DH has her all to himself while I go to an out-of-state conference. Hopefully more appreciation for what I do but I have a feeling I will be coming home to the disaster zone. :-/
    Or maybe he'll treat you to a mani/pedi once he understands what your day really looks like! I'm sure the house will be a mess though! 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • celticlor said:
    Ever since leap 4 has ended this past week, she has been crying big tears and has learned a new shrill cry whenever I put her down in the exerciser or little infant chair to do something in the kitchen. She plays for approximately one minute, looks at me, cries (this included getting red in the face and screaming). I feel like I am abandoning her but I can't hold her at all times.. She only does this with me.. my dh doesn't see this side of her and takes this as a joke.
    The best thing that ever happened was my LO finallyyyy acting like that with DH. Ever since he has been much more appreciative of me and never expects a clean house or dinner ready when he gets home. She just hates being put down! The jumper has helped a little bit, but the mommaroo or rock and play? Forget it.

That was where the wrap cane in handy.
  • celticlor said:

That was where the wrap cane in handy.
    Yes definitely! But some things I can't really do with the wrap (cook on the stove, laundry, etc). Other things where there's nothing hot and not too much bending over are much easier with the wrap!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Anyone else on Leap 5? I think we are starting to see the fussiness and clinging, paired with terrible napping.
  • Alright early June mommies, how was/is Leap 5. This late June mommy is scared because she thinks the fussiness has begun. 
  • Leap 5 has been great so far. He had a few rough days but has been awesome ever since. However, I believe the last week (26) is supposed to be the bad week and we are still a week out from that.
  • Leap 5 has been hella annoying.  We peak next week and the fussing and crying comes and goes.  Last week was constant clinginess and eating, this week seems better during the day but not so good at night, he's been waking at like 5am the past few days seemingly starving.
  • Leap 5 hasn't been bad at all. Nothing like those leap 4 mood swings. Still got a few weeks to
    go, so we'll see if it continues.
  • We have about a week to go before leap 5 is supposed to start.  I'm always so nervous when it gets close to another leap. Leap 2 has by far been the worst that we have gone through. 
  • Leap 6 has been the worst for Erin and I! As it gets closer to bedtime, she becomes so miserable, crying to the point of sobbing. And it doesn't matter what I do, feed her, get her changed, give her a nap, play with her, or read to her. All she wants to do, is to be held and rocked by me but if I dare to put her down, it starts all up again. Is anyone else dealing with this? Any helpful advice or tips?
  • celticlor said:
    Leap 6 has been the worst for Erin and I! As it gets closer to bedtime, she becomes so miserable, crying to the point of sobbing. And it doesn't matter what I do, feed her, get her changed, give her a nap, play with her, or read to her. All she wants to do, is to be held and rocked by me but if I dare to put her down, it starts all up again. Is anyone else dealing with this? Any helpful advice or tips?
    This is Jack!!! He has been clingy during the day for sure, but bedtime is a whole new world for us. The last two nights he hasn't gone to bed until about 11.. I have no tips or tricks.. I need help too!! I think its just a phase we have to get through :(
  • Ok, least I am not the only one dealing with this. My DH gets to do the bedtime funtimes tonight since I will be studying.

• Calvin has been super clingy and pretty fussy throughout this Leap. He has been crap napping.. only :30 minute naps, unless I hold him. Thankfully we only have had one bad night of sleep. He's only been sttn since mid-December, but I'm terrified of going back to the days of no sleep! 
  • Once Jack gets to sleep he's usually down for the night.. it's the getting to sleep that we have a problem with!
  • We've had this problem recently, but I thought it was because she was sick. I hope this isn't life for the next couple weeks. It's exhausting.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::