October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10.17.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 10.17.16

• Options
    So here's a random: anyone live in Pennsylvania and want a free bottle of wine from Winc? Apparently direct winery to consumer wine purchasing was recently legalized there and so they're trying to get new business by giving it away via their current customers (i.e.:me). Let me know and I will give you the link (you would fill out the info). 
  • Options
    I wish I liked wine. I'm beginning to feel like my taste buds are robbing me of something by disallowing me to enjoy it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @AllyTheKid I love wine, but I hate beer. It's been A real problem all my life. Especially in college when beer was so easily accessible, but I had to source out various liquors. 

I do like cider, at least. So, I'm no longer totally screwed if we are at a brewery that doesn't offer a full bar or wine. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So glad more people are on in the motn with me now :smiley:
  • Options
    LGW2015 said:
    You can tell most of us have newborns at this point because the board is pretty dead these days.
    And mostly active in the wee hours of the morning. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I do enjoy crab at least!

@F47 I hate beer too, I pretty much hate the taste of anything alcoholic. Except for margaritas (which give me awful indigestion) and after a few of those I can take DRESSED shots of clear tequila, which I will always inevitably puke up later. I can not shoot anything straight, or drink anything brown. I was never meant to party. Sigh.
  • Options
    @annabenanna I love shameless!!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    @annabenanna I love shameless!!
    Yes! Shameless is the best! 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I've been fighting a cold and horrible cough since the weekend, and finally gave in today and went to the doctor. I have an ear infection in my left ear and a sinus infection. So, doc is filling an antibiotic. Nothing says, "Welcome to the world!" like hacking all over your new baby. I guess at this point, I hope he stays put a bit longer so I can get to feeling better. 
  • Options
    Love Shameless!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @F47... that sounds terrible! I hope you feel better soon!!!
  • Options
    @F47 darn that sucks. That makes my abs hurt just thinking about a cold post c section. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Owen had his tongue tie clipped this afternoon. The crying coming from that room was probably the most heartbreaking sound ever. I left while they did it. He seems okay now, but still doesn't want to try to breastfeed, with the shield or not. Anyone have any suggestions, other than just keep offering it? I was hoping this would make it easier, but now I don't know. 
  • Options
    Owen had his tongue tie clipped this afternoon. The crying coming from that room was probably the most heartbreaking sound ever. I left while they did it. He seems okay now, but still doesn't want to try to breastfeed, with the shield or not. Anyone have any suggestions, other than just keep offering it? I was hoping this would make it easier, but now I don't know. 
    Can he have Tylenol?
  • Options
  • Options
    @ashleyp625 I'm also curious about the tylenol- just offer and soothe for now I guess, I'm sorry mama ::hugs:: Hope little Owen feels right as rain soon! ♡
  • Options
    Random- I made this a few nights ago and it's fucking bomb.
    https://tiphero.com/creamy-chicken-bacon-pasta/
  • Options
    Can he have Tylenol?
    I'm not sure- we have a pediatrician appointment today, I'll ask. He doesn't really seem to be in pain, just not interested in trying to BF. He'd rather have the bottle
    because it's easier :-/ 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @AllyTheKid I need that pasta in my life.
  • Options
    @F47 It is so good, I haven't been that satisfied with a meal in ages. And it's easy to make, win/win. I urge you to make it ASAP, it will be a staple in my home now! Even my asshole kids liked it.
  • Options
    I would just like to emphasize my NBR frustrations with an all caps, bolded FUCK.
  • Options
    DS got his first dose of adderall today. the first couple of hours were fine but then his stomach started hurting and then he fell  asleep for over  an hour, which is really not like him. I called the on call pediatrician he said no more doses until I talk to his regular Dr on Monday. I'm not sure how to feel about the whole thing, it's been such a long road just to get to today :(

• Options
    @NoraAurora omg. I've seen this on Facebook, but Just decided to watch it now. I will have to revisit, because I'm laughing so hard that I'm jiggling a sleeping baby up and down on my tummy! LOL
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    My mom and dad are here and I cannot wait to get babe's morning feed in, pump session, and then pass out for a nap. I didn't sleep at all two nights ago, so I had a mini breakdown at the beginning of this evening when babe would not stop crying and wouldn't latch. DH was concerned and told me to lay down for a bit. Thank goodness I received my pump so he could feed her. The two hour nap helped
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @NoraAurora That was freaking hilarious! And also incredibly sad. I hope none of those people were pregnant. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    +1 for having wine again after 10 months, it was so glorious but I don't think I've ever drank a glass of wine slower...I was so afraid it would hit me too hard, so I paced myself big time lol
  • Options
    You Guys... I feel like I am in a horror movie- There is seriously an escaped killer running from the police in my small home town right now. My mom and brother called me panicking to lock the doors, stay inside, and get my brother's gun from his side of the duplex for protection. WTF life... of course FI is gone at work and had to drive the truck today so the babies and I are stranded by ourselves.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Whoa! Stay safe!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bamacoop It just keeps getting more bizarre, a kid was killed crossing the street headed to school this morning too ;( What is going on here today??
  • Options
    And a big dog ran up on one of my brother's little teacup chihuahuas while she was in the yard going potty and it mauled her to death... now her brother (puppy) is next door grieving. Have you ever seen a dog grieving and crying? It's so heartbreaking ;(
  • Options
    Wow @AllyTheKid that's super scary!! And super sad about the dog :(