May 2017 Moms

Ramzi Theory

2»

Re: Ramzi Theory

• And the yolk sac doesn't "turn into the placenta" yolk sac merely feeds baby until placenta is developed enough to take over. 
  • Any guesses? This was abdominal at 7 weeks 3 days (they adjusted my date based on measurement )

• Loading the player...
  • @champhe I'd say boy! Keep us posted when you find out!
  • Week 4

In weeks four to five of early pregnancy, the embryo grows and develops within the lining of the womb. The outer cells reach out to form links with the mother’s blood supply. The inner cells form into two, and then later, into three layers. Each of these layers will grow to be different parts of the baby’s body.

The inner layer, called the endoderm, becomes the breathing and digestive systems, including the lungs, stomach, gut, and bladder. The middle layer, called the mesoderm, becomes the heart, blood vessels, muscles, and bones. The outer layer, called the ectoderm, becomes the brain and nervous system, the eye lenses, tooth enamel, skin and nails.

In these early weeks of pregnancy the embryo is attached to a tiny yolk sac which provides nourishment. A few weeks later, the placenta will be fully formed and will take over the transfer of nutrients to the embryo.

The embryo is surrounded by fluid inside the amniotic sac. It's the outer layer of this sac that develops into the placenta. Cells from the placenta grow deep into the wall of the womb, establishing a rich blood supply. This ensures the baby receives all the oxygen and nutrients it needs.

So to be technical what I meant was the yolk sac is there for the baby until the placenta takes over .... nothing to argue about.

• I've been reading about this all week and I have no idea if I can even use my US because it's so zoomed in. But, any guesses? This is transvaginal at 6w1d.
  • I just straight up asked the u/s tech where my placenta was (had my last u/s at 11w). She said it's left lateral posterior. Which according to this theory, points to a girl. We also did the ring on a string thing which also pointed to girl. I don't hold a whole lot of value to these things but they are fun. I guess I shall find out in May if the theories are right! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @roper2617
    Okay, I'm too tired to search the all-mighty Google right now... so please tell me... what's the ring on a string thing? Curious!
  • @SKZW grab a thread or a string of hair, tie your wedding ring onto it. Hold it over your belly, if it swings back and forth =boy. Swing in a circle =girl.
  • Thanks, @mchichmommy I'll have to add that one to the "girls take your beauty, boys make you glow" file. 

Incidentally, the Chinese predictor chart was 100% correct for my first little one (and they say its 70% accuracy is better than standard 50-50, right?). Stats don't lie  ;)
  • Sorry @SKZW I've been mobile bumping and didn't notice your question until now. Glad it's been answered! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• RacheleLynn12RacheleLynn12 member
    edited October 2016
    Me Next! Transvaginal ultrasound week 7
    Me- blocked Fallopian Tube, and Endometriosis (31) & DH 0% morphology (44)
    June 2013- Married in Jamaica and started TTC 
    August 2014- (temp everyday and opk and clomid used 5 cycles)
    September 2015- Hysterscopy and Laproscopy, fixed one tube, and couldn't fix one.  Removed polyp. 
    October 2015-  1st IUI - BFN
    December 2015 - 2nd IUI  - BFN
    June 2016 - IVF Consultation
    July 2016 - Start IVF Process
  • Can anyone help me with mine? I find this so interesting. This is number 2 for us and the first I've ever heard of it! 
    7 weeks exactly and it was an abdominal scan. 
  • @RacheleLynn12 I can't see your links! :(
  • I've never proven this theory so I hope you all return and post an update on gender when we find out!!
  • What baby you think I am having? This is my rainbow pregnancy.. lost first one due to pre-eclempsia this January 
  • @aditi02 transvaginal or abdominal?
  • mchichmommy I tried removing a couple of the files.  I can click on them to open, but it isn't just visible.  I was hoping to get an insight!
    Me- blocked Fallopian Tube, and Endometriosis (31) & DH 0% morphology (44)
    June 2013- Married in Jamaica and started TTC 
    August 2014- (temp everyday and opk and clomid used 5 cycles)
    September 2015- Hysterscopy and Laproscopy, fixed one tube, and couldn't fix one.  Removed polyp. 
    October 2015-  1st IUI - BFN
    December 2015 - 2nd IUI  - BFN
    June 2016 - IVF Consultation
    July 2016 - Start IVF Process
  • I had an abdominal ultrasound at 8 weeks 2 days. This is the only picture they gave me but I can't tell if you could see what you need to to guess... Any thoughts?
  • Anyone out there?
  • Dude, it's a 50/50 guess, @jasd33. Want me to take a stab at it? 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • I think 8 weeks is too far aalong . And that picture definitely doesnt show one way or the other.

Btw it's totally 50/ 50 but because I know some are curious, this ended up being accurate for me.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • That's kind of what I figured. I know it's a guessing game either way just wanted to check! Thanks for the response
  • Worked for me!
  • tenfourtenfour member
    edited November 2016
    I've googled and still don't get it. Can someone check mine out? This was abdominal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well nevermind the doctor just called me with the results of panorama: BOY.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm no expert @tenfour and I know you already found out the gender from your Panorama but according to what I know it would have predicted a boy. The placenta looks to be on the left in the abdominal ultrasound which means it's in the right side. Congrats!
  • @lnds32 Well you are better than the gender website I submitted my picture to for $7 that said girl, lol. They thought the placenta was on the right side of this picture. I didn't realize my doctor was going to call me so soon!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha. I'm definitely not an expert but that was my best guess! Oh well at least you know for sure it's a boy now!
  • tenfour said:
    Well nevermind the doctor just called me with the results of panorama: BOY.
    Oh cool! Based off the ultrasound I would have said boy. So the theory worked for you.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Vecchio82Vecchio82 member
    edited November 2016

Any guesses? I had my genetic testing done but won't find out until December 1 ... Longest wait ever! Lol 

Trans vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks.
  • kel0312kel0312 member
    edited April 2018
    Any predictions? Just had my ultrasound!! I’m 6w5d and this was an internal US
  • @kel0312 - It's a... baby!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• edited January 2019
    any guess?? 6week4 days tranvaginal u/s please let me know 
  • try the gender detectives on facebook they are great with ramzi and nub so far the image I see above looks blue