January 2017 Moms

Re: Weekly Bitch Fest 10/17-21

• I spent the entirety of my lunch hour stuck in an elevator... not how I wanted my Monday to go! It took them 55 minutes to rescue me  :|
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay87 OMG, I would've been freaking out. I hate elevators and getting stuck in one is a huge fear of mine. I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm glad you are out safely!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @emy730 I'm just so glad it happened AFTER I bought my lunch and not before! If I had been stuck without food over my lunch hour it would have been 1000x worse.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay87 Omg, I would have died. Glad you at least had food to comfort you!

I made the genius decision to use my Proactiv face cleanser last night since my face has been breaking out lately. Woke up this morning to an itching, burning, red rash ALL over my face and neck. Apparently my pregnancy skin can't handle Proactiv. It doesn't seem to be going away either. DH and I are supposed to have a date night tonight as an early birthday celebration for me. Hope he picks somewhere with low lighting. FML

Pregnancy Ticker

• @hayhay87 I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would have lost it in there, especially if I didn't have food! Glad to hear you at least had your lunch. 

Started my morning off by locking myself and my DD out of the house. Loaded up the car, grabbed the kid, locked the door and didn't grab my keys. Had to call my DH to leave work and drive back home to let me in. Needless to say, I'll be ordering a hide-a-key today :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• @LastMango would something mild like coconut oil help with the pain/itching? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emy730 said:
    @LastMango would something mild like coconut oil help with the pain/itching? 
    Maybe, but I'm at work now for the day so may have to try that tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Not really something that anyone can do anything about just whining. But I live in Northern Wisconsin. It is 2 weeks from Halloween. Isn't it supposed to be cooler?? I thought this was my glory month where I would need a sweatshirt, if that, to go outside and I could actually be comfortable. I realize there are people who live in hotter climates but I'm a Wisconsin girl. Not used to it being this warm and humid in the second half of October.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @hayhay87 OMG that's a sucky way to start off the week. 

@mrshuse525 That's a huge fear of mine!  I always triple check for my keys and some times leave the door cracked until I'm actually ready to drive off.  I keep thinking I need a back up somewhere in case it happens.

I've been on the brink of getting a cold all weekend - scratchy/irritated throat and extra tired.  I just want it to go away and wish I was at home on the couch right now instead of at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @shlecka right?! I'm up in Canada and they're calling for the same temp today... I am done with sweating. Where is the fall weather??

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is about insurance. My company switched health insurance at the start of this month (October 1st). The insurance is similar, but it was a switch from Blue Cross Blue Shield to United Health Care. BCBS was pretty low-drama with my pregnancy. They were paying all of my OB appointments as they happened, no weirdness whatsoever... really amazing company. They did standard 90% coverage and so I paid off like... $30 on a couple of bills, most of that being the copay... nothing major.

Well, I went in for my first 1-hour GTT on 9/30 and told the receptionist "my insurance is changing tomorrow, here's the card."

Sometime over the weekend, I log into the online health portal which shows bill pay. Every single one of my OB visits from the start of the pregnancy is suddenly going through "insurance pending" again and has been updated to the new insurance. WTF? I can't figure out why they're trying to back-bill my new insurance for things that the previous insurance (and me!) have already paid. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • @canavara Well that's a nightmare. Hopefully it's just a records thing and not a re-payment thing!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @canavara I'd for sure be like "um if they're gonna cover that too I'd like a refund, you don't get paid twice" how obnoxious. 

My BF is our mail man. He's so bratty! He keeps throwing packages at my door instead of setting them down nicely on our porch and when I told him that I would appreciate he not throw things that may be fragile he rolled his eyes. I called the post office and they were all "meh" about it. If baby stuff shows up busted because he can't handle his job I'm gonna be so pissed. Also we got some mail that wasn't for us or even actually addressed to our address so I put it back in the mailbox with "return to sender" on it and he wouldn't take it. I had to drive it to the post office and drop it off. Seriously? Sorry not sorry you hate your job but dude. 
  • My day started with my doctor's office calling to say that I failed the 1 hour glucose test and now I have to fast and take the 3 hour one on Thursday morning...and they didn't even tell me what my levels were, just that I had "slightly elevated sugar levels" what the heck!

Also, my baby shower has changed again due to my sister and MIL. First it was going to be at a country club, but that was too expensive. Then my MIL asked if I wanted it at her house, but she lives almost 2 hours away so no thank you, so I said we can just have it at my house that I will be moving into at the beginning of November, I don't care but I need to send out invites ASAP...and now my sister called and said no way are we going to have it at my new house, it'll be too stressful and has now booked us at a restaurant. At least, she is calling my MIL and telling her so she can stop asking about caterers and bakeries that will be near my new house. I don't know, can't she just look it up online?

I am in a bad mood after failing my glucose test apparently lol. Oh well.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @shlecka @katesmama0706 I'm pretty sure it was just a records thing. I called the hospital and they confirmed that all of the old stuff had a $0 balance indicating it had been paid in full, so it sounds like someone screwed up at their job and reversed the insurance billed or something wacky. Definitely not the thing I was expecting to go wrong with an insurance switch, lol.
  • @canavara I actually switched insurances the opposite way before I got pregnant. I hated United. BCBS has been a blessing. Hopefully United isn't too much of a PITA throughout the rest of your pregnancy though! 

@Jos726 I was in a piss poor mood after failing my one hour test. I think it's fair. Gestational diabetes isn't really discussed and I felt like such a terrible person for failing - sorry - not falling in the preferred range. The women on this board are more than supportive and so ridiculously helpful though. I'm still waiting on the results of my 3 hour GTT but I'll be okay with the outcome. 

My BF is my upcoming doctor's appointment this afternoon. I don't want to wait 40 minutes to be seen by the doctor. I don't want to try to pee in the cup. I don't want to be lectured about my weight gain (which I believe is around 23-24lbs now). I'm just over these visits. I never should have scheduled one for so late on a Monday. Ugh. 
  • BF I'm sure everyone is feeling.....lack of sleep...waking up every two hours to pee...over it. I'm also super over the crazy amounts of kicking this baby is doing at night, can you please relax for 5 minutes holy crap 
  • @christac1010 I've been on UHC for 2 weeks now and kind of hate it, but BCBS really is a dream... I think the only time I've ever had an issue with them was a couple of years ago, I got bit by a stranger's dog and had to go to the ER because everyone was freaking me out about rabies, which was super dumb because the dog was not rabid but... whatever, it was 2.5 years ago lol... BCBS made me submit a form to prove that it wasn't a job-related injury (???) but...  they cover so much stuff without even questioning it... depending on the plan you have with them, you can even get massages covered if you find a massage therapist willing to file the claim.

@mudderbear YES. It's worse too having to pee and waking up and having an internal debate whether it's worth getting up because it means struggling to crawl over a pregnancy pillow... and then every time it ends with "No, of course I have to get up because I'm going to have to get up in 2 hours to pee again anyway, so why would it just get better" And by then, you're wide awake.
  • I just thought of another....needing a forklift to get off the friggen couch....over it
  • hjmorgan-2hjmorgan-2 member
    edited October 2016
    LastMango said:
    emy730 said:
    @LastMango would something mild like coconut oil help with the pain/itching? 
    Maybe, but I'm at work now for the day so may have to try that tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

@LastMango

If you do the coconut oil, only try it on a SMALL part of your face. My skin has been soooo sensitive. I had to stop all products, lotions, etc. I have a forever dry patch on my chin and around my mouth. I've tried coconut oil, all does is IRRITATE the crap out of it. It starts to burn and turns bright red. I even tried another pure oil I read was really good for your face, SAME THING.

Best thing I have found? Water and time.... don't put anything on it.... I even went without makeup for a good week.

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just called the doctor's office and the nurse said my level was 148 and their ideal level is 129 or lower.  I voiced my annoyance on Facebook and one of my friends made a good assumption.  She thinks that this is a total insurance scam where so many people will fail the first test and pass the 2nd test with no problem.  She has a point, right? Insurance scam it is!!! Screw the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies and everyone else today! haha

@hayhay87 I am so sorry that you were stuck in an elevator today! I am glad that you ate beforehand also! That would've been a million times worse! Screw that elevator too!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm just tired. Even if I sleep a bit at night, I'm fading quick by 3pm. I'm a straight up zombie from 7pm on. 

Making a person is hard, exhausting work.
  • @hayhay87 every time I'm in the elevator that scenario goes through my mind. So sorry it happened to you but so glad you had food. Scary!!

@mrshuse525 also always worried about what happened to you! I need to get a hide a key for the house and maybe also for my car. On my old car so had a magnetic one I put on the underside of my car in case I got locked out. 
  • I took my 1-hour GTT today. It was a day off work for me and sitting in the lab was definitly not how I wanted to spend it. It takes about 40 minutes to get to the hospital from my house. Then, I had to wait about 40 minutes before I got called back; Then the hour for the test, followed by another 40 minute drive home. My whole morning was wasted with this thing. I pray I pass and don't have to do the horrible 3-hour test. 
  • @underthesea I'm literally going to think of it every time I get in an elevator. And I will DEFINITLEY be avoiding elevator "A" from now on!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aishmc I can't remember if you've mentioned it but have you had your RBC/Hgb levels tested? That level of tiredness sounds like maybe anemia. I was so frustrated a couple of weeks ago the same way... felt like I was getting enough sleep at night, but was ready to zonk out by mid-afternoon. Increasing iron has made such a huge difference.
  • Just had a dentist appt and I have my first cavity.   :'(
  • I am so sick of puking! 

I read an article about cannabis helping a woman with HG and I felt incredibly jealous that she found something that helped. I realize her case was extreme, but I am over throwing up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canavara I haven't had H&H done for a couple months so that could be it. My TSH was high last month so my Synthroid dosage went up, but that should give me more energy rather than less. I'll ask to get my labs checked when I go in next week. Getting though the work day is my biggest struggle.
  • @underthesea that happened to me a few months ago! I was so (sad to admit this) devastated! I know cavities aren't the biggest deal but I never had one before and I felt so betrayed by my own oral health hahaha! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• My toddler...who makes me want to cry 8 times/day. And my husband, who doesn't seem to like me anymore. 
  • @ThePax89 noooo. That's sad. My DD just turned two yesterday and it's like a switch was flipped. She's so whiny, disagreeable and unpleasant right now. I hope it's teething and not an indication of this next year. 
  • I am so annoyed. I am the president of a local young professionals group that does lots of networking/volunteering in the community. I truly do enjoy this position but I seriously cannot take the stress sometimes. Every year we support this very large luncheon/fashion show that takes place during the same week every year. I asked the members of my group to sign up if they would like to participate in the fashion show (seriously so fun. you get to wear a cute outfit and get your hair & makeup done for FREE). I need 15 "models." I sent out the sign-up list over 4 weeks ago. The event is next week and about 6 people told me between yesterday & today that they all of the sudden can't do it. I am so annoyed and frustrated, why can't people be held accountable more? Also, of course as soon as the sign up closed I sent out their sizes and already got the clothes here. So now I need to find replacements and hopefully those people fit into the samples I've ordered. Sometimes I kick myself for wanting to be so involved in organizations. But it's for freaking CHARITY! It takes one hour of your day to come to the luncheon, put on your free outfit, and walk up and down the runway. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• A little background first, my co-worker and I cover each other, we are the only two in the offices. If one gets sick, all is right in the world with my boss because there's always another person who can handle the second workload. And this boss is very high maintenance, the job is very demanding and stressful (entertainment industry).

Ever since my pregnancy announcement, she has started to take a lot of time off. More than normal. She takes a week or two long vacations and is off every other friday. She was gone for a week this month, then taking the week of halloween off, and 2 weeks next month. That's fine I get it, I will be gone for a while next year. Truth be told, I took maybe 4 or 5 vacation days last year. Only time off this year has been for dr appointments. 

NOW she tells me that she is taking her Christmas holiday early. Starting the 15th. WTF? I am not supposed to be working 4 weeks before my due date, thats the 13th. So now I am what, gunna have to cover her again from the 15th to the 23rd? That is bonkers. Oh, and on January 2nd cuz she wont be back til the 3rd. I'll be 38 weeks 3 days.

Now to top it off, her friend came by and let it slip that they are planning on moving to texas soon after I get back. I am almost considering not coming back at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AlicjaB you shouldn't have to accommodate her holiday vacation. You're having a BABY. It's not like your dates conflict because you want to fly off to Hawaii. I agree that she's taking advantage now knowing she'll have to come in while you're on leave. Make sure your boss knows your dates. It's her problem if she can't get coverage.