June 2017 Moms

GTKY: what do you do for a living?

Re: GTKY: what do you do for a living?

• Shop manager for a collision center, like @Rk4047 I'm pretty sure I'm alone in my profession on this board lol

photo 0828131617b_zps9ddbb9a9.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• @cj086 - my DH is a manager at a service shop - I know its not the same as an auto body place but I bet he gets the same butthead customers! 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Loading the player...
  • Turbotastic I remind myself almost daily that it takes all kinds to make the world go round

photo 0828131617b_zps9ddbb9a9.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I work in the news media. We're planning for me to quit and be a stay at home mom after we have the baby. 
  • I'm a registered nurse in a busy emergency room -- no time to slow down
  • @jessieRene' Emergency nursing is my background. I currently work at a jail as a nurse while I went back for my nurse practitioner. I hope to be starting a new job soon as a NP. I love emergency nursing...we are a different breed! :)

• I work in Lean Manufacturing. It's process flow, visual management, quick changeovers. Everyday is a little different which makes it interesting. 
  • @LMMama I'm working on my masters right now in Human Resources so I feel your pain.  I'm trying to push myself to get it done before the baby gets here next summer.  How long have you been working on yours?

• Pre kids I was a special education teacher. 

Now I SAH full time, but coach swimming in the evenings. I've also been running a youth summer rec program for the past decade or so, but that's probably not happening this year. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My job is confusing to explain and very unique

I am the DHI field service coordinator for a dairy cooperative based out of Lansing, MI. DHI stands for dairy herd improvement and basically that involves collecting milk samples from dairy cows and helping the farmer with his records. As the field services coordinator, I am the supervisor for 14 employees in southern Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. 
  • My job is a bit strange....I'm a wildlife necropsy technician. I'm also finishing up my grad cert in wildlife management. Basically, I like wild animals.
  • ER nurse!
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm an accountant working on my CPA. Two more exams to go! Woohoo!
  • Sirius37 said:
    My job is a bit strange....I'm a wildlife necropsy technician. I'm also finishing up my grad cert in wildlife management. Basically, I like wild animals.
    Do you get to dissect dead wild life?
  • I'm a speech pathologist. I work in the school setting with middle schoolers who have severe autism and 3-16 year olds who have severe cognitive &/or physical disabilities. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a mess/surf nurse. I work nights right now. I just interviewed for a day shift labor and delivery position Before I got my BFP 
  • Yes! High five! You either hate it or love it ❤️
  • Ok haven't seen this yet...construction Superintendent
  • @Assiram42 Basically, yes. :) My boss (the veterinary pathologist) gets to do all the fine cutting and look at the slides for histology reports and I get to do everything else. It sure helps to keep me busy! I'm a little concerned about the dead whale smell potentially causing puking issues further into the first trimester however....
  • Sirius37 said:
    @Assiram42 Basically, yes. :) My boss (the veterinary pathologist) gets to do all the fine cutting and look at the slides for histology reports and I get to do everything else. It sure helps to keep me busy! I'm a little concerned about the dead whale smell potentially causing puking issues further into the first trimester however....
    So cool!  Your job, not the dead whale smell.
  • I'm a nurse. I do pediatric hematology/oncology and I absolutely love it! I went part time when DD was born and I have no plans of going back to full time at this point.
  • I teach 8th grade US History. Question for other teachers: Will you be taking maternity leave at the start of the next school year?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JessH127 said:
    I'm a nurse. I do pediatric hematology/oncology and I absolutely love it! I went part time when DD was born and I have no plans of going back to full time at this point.
    Wow, that sounds like a job where you'd take a lot home at the end of shift.  Very emotionally taxing.
  • @MrsW0805 I'm a dental hygienist as well! What state do you practice in? I'm in Indiana (licensed in Kentucky as well) working 4-5/days a week. 
  • Wow, tons of teachers! Lots of cool jobs. I work in marketing and I am currently a media supervisor at an advertising agency. 
    Carrie An infertility veteran, survivor and champion. However, have a beautiful son and another one on the way!
  • I am also a teacher (in training). I am in my last semester for an associate's degree in Early Childhood Education. I want to work in a child care center with infants after I graduate!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am a SW at a pediatric rehab hospital.  LOVE my job :)
  • @wearmi1 I'm coming up on the end of mine! And this pregnancy has stolen a lot of my daily motivation for the time being. I've been working on classes for two years. Just have to finish out my school year internship and I'll be done in May. Then the hard part, finding a job. 
  • I am currently a full time student getting my degree in special education which I will graduate with in may. I also sub for a private special needs school for extra money. 
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • @Assiram42 I definitely take home a lot at the end of the day sometimes. Although for as much sadness that stays with me, there's just as much joy and victory, if you will.

@mezalune I couldn't do SW. You're amazing. Did you say you were in or around St. Louis? If it's the peds rehab facility I'm thinking of, it's a really amazing place!
  • @LMMama I feel your pain I am doing an unpaid internship for my teaching license as well! I am going to take the year off between that and going to work full time so I can enjoy a year with the soon to be little one! 
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • Ahutch428 said:
    I teach 8th grade US History. Question for other teachers: Will you be taking maternity leave at the start of the next school year?
    I am guessing that I will be cutting it close, but I am hoping that I won't have to.  That first week of school is crucial for my kids regarding classroom management.  I already have an idea of how the first year will go, and I'm not looking forward to being obsessed with my milk stash again.  The dreaded pump.
  • @MKRLTX, I'm also a registered nurse case manager.  :)

• @HookEmNelson I'm late June so I'm thinking of starting the first day or two and then taking a month. Pumping at work really stresses me out, so I want to avoid it as much as possible! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am a nurse currently but about to embark in a new job in family medicine as a nurse practitioner. I just graduated with my masters in May.
    Congrats on finishing your MSN! 

I'm a pediatric public health nurse, but will be finishing my master's program to become an FNP next August. I'd love to work in peds or OB/GYN one day.

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• I'm a manager at a financial services company.

Have you ever seen Office Space? Yup, that's my life.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Another educator here! I taught middle school special education for 5 years. This is my first year doing something different...I now teach pre-k! I absolutely love my job!!
  • I work at a maternal fetal medicine office (they deal with high risk pregnancies).  I LOVE it.  Love the people I work with and my patients.  Starting school in January to finish my pre-reqs so I can go to school for my RN.
  • I am an accountant for a Fortune 300 company in the cabinet manufacturing industry. :)

~Kelsey

Pregnancy Ticker