May 2017 Moms

Opinions of the Unpopular Variety

2»

Re: Opinions of the Unpopular Variety

• I don't like cats. Kittens are cute and ok, but not after they grow up. It is probably because I'm allergic, and also highly sensitive when they scratch me (it swells and itches). I'm convinced they are evil creatures. Dogs are the best  ;).
    Agreed! The allergies and scratches get me too!, aren't they the worst?!
    But, in cats' defense, I've met 2 in my life that were the sweetest, kindest, gentlest, not-stuck-up-at-all cats, each of which would gently pad over, sit and make eye contact, and purr to be petted. (And not act like jerky a-holes about it!) Super sweet kitties! But I totally realize this is the exception, for sure. Cats are still evil.   ;)
  • FatPonyFatPony member
    edited October 2016
    Omg, I thought I was the only one. I despise cats. Unless they're hunter barn cats, they are the most useless animal. At least a dog will alert or protect you from an intruder. I love dogs. Cats can f*ck right off. 

Eta- now I realize that my pic is a cat, but I liked how bitchy his face looked, I'll change it
  • Loading the player...

• I feel like my UO has been brought up before, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways. I hate Lularoe. Not just the pyramid scheme, constant blowing up of my FB, but I hate their clothes. This he patterns are super tacky, the clothes are all over priced, and most are just not flattering. Don't get me wrong, I love a good legging, but give me a  $20 solid colored pair from Target, and I'm a happy camper. 
    I'm pro-cat because I have a bitchy personality myself. But I agree re: Lularoe. What grown adult needs Halloween leggings?!? This made me laugh. https://www.scarymommy.com/thats-enough-lularoe/

FFFC: I did just score a plain black pair of LLR leggings. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Well, cats are either the #1 or #2 most popular pet, not getting into the debate of which is more unpopular :), but there must be something awesome about them if that many people like them.

Plus, cats are way, way, way easier. You just have to take care of their dishes and box, and they do the rest. And they smell better and don't get your house as dirty. And I have never been out in my pajama pants in 5 degree weather at 6 AM picking up feces.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Abby7 : In 5-degree weather at 6 am, I'm letting it sit there and freeze up until I'm dressed&cozy later in the day to clean it up!
  • I'm wondering where you ladies met these evil cats you speak of.  I am totally a cat person.  I rarely get scratched, by my cats, and I'm with them everyday.  The only time I'm ever scratched is when I play too rough or intentionally piss them off.   I however can't stand dogs.  The constant neediness, panting...who wants an animal that pants in your face, and smell...I just can't!  I accept your opinion of cats though.  They are not for everyone. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• @SKZW Can't do that in the city! One place we lived in Chicago was adjacent to a park and every morning we would see the poor souls out there picking up after their dogs. Not so bad in the summer, but in the winter we felt smug as cat owners.
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• SKZW said:
    emilyalso said:

@CarmCeG - I am DYING that you said you've never had a casserole. It's so funny to me, because they encompass SO MUCH! Anything can be a casserole! I'm sure it's a regional thing, but suffice it to say that my mind is blown. :) 

THIS! Okay, @CarmCeG -- I'm just gonna throw a few out there, without naming them, tell me if you've ever had: chicken with mixed veggies in creamy mushroom soup over biscuits; green beans with almonds and crunchy crispy fried onion bits; chicken stewed together all day with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions; tuna with noodles in a creamy sauce; sliced potatoes layered with a cheesy sauce baked til a golden brown on top; broccoli and rice and broth all mixed together and steamed in a big pan; cabbage rolls with ground meat and tomato sauce and rice... what about sloppy joes? mac and cheese? Technically, pot pies, lasagna, and enchiladas are casseroles too! Okay, I'm done. I'm actually making myself hungry...

Yeah, never had anything besides; mac & cheese/ lasagna which I figured would probably be the closest thing to one. As far as enchiladas it depends how you make them.

you made me hungry now lol

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• arels483 said:
    I don't like York Peppermint Patties or Andes Mints or Thin Mint cookies.
    Yes!! I can't stand mint and chocolate mixed together. 
  • CarmCeG said:

SKZW said:
    emilyalso said:

@CarmCeG - I am DYING that you said you've never had a casserole. It's so funny to me, because they encompass SO MUCH! Anything can be a casserole! I'm sure it's a regional thing, but suffice it to say that my mind is blown. :) 

THIS! Okay, @CarmCeG -- I'm just gonna throw a few out there, without naming them, tell me if you've ever had: chicken with mixed veggies in creamy mushroom soup over biscuits; green beans with almonds and crunchy crispy fried onion bits; chicken stewed together all day with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions; tuna with noodles in a creamy sauce; sliced potatoes layered with a cheesy sauce baked til a golden brown on top; broccoli and rice and broth all mixed together and steamed in a big pan; cabbage rolls with ground meat and tomato sauce and rice... what about sloppy joes? mac and cheese? Technically, pot pies, lasagna, and enchiladas are casseroles too! Okay, I'm done. I'm actually making myself hungry...

Yeah, never had anything besides; mac & cheese/ lasagna which I figured would probably be the closest thing to one. As far as enchiladas it depends how you make them.

lol I was thrown off by the enchiladas. I'm like, "how are they casseroles?" I've never met anyone who makes enchiladas in the oven. So I looked it up on Pinterest and now I understand. Everyone I know pan fries them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CarmCeG said:

SKZW said:
    emilyalso said:

lol I was thrown off by the enchiladas. I'm like, "how are they casseroles?" I've never met anyone who makes enchiladas in the oven. So I looked it up on Pinterest and now I understand. Everyone I know pan fries them. 

Me too. I had to google it and apparently its another way of doing it. I haven't tried them this way, only the classic way that I was taught (pan fry).

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• h&p_momma said:
    Luckyu317 said:
    Weirdos! Give me All of the Thanksgiving food!
    This!! Thanksgiving is THE best!! My dad said he was doing instant potatoes this year (he's having medical issues and can't stand for long periods of time). I told him he's nuts and I'll make the potatoes. I told him I'll come over and cook the whole meal. I did it back in 2010 when his smoker blew up in his face. He had burns all over his arms and such. He sat at the kitchen table and directed me as to what to do. I'll do it again! 
    A couple of years ago my aunt was in charge of mashed potatoes. We have a LARGE gathering for thanksgiving, I'm talking 40 people. Well she decided to let me cousin cook the potatoes. He boiled the potatoes for so long that he literally boiled all the water away and burnt the potatoes! And my aunt still served them! They tasted like smoke. Thanksgiving dinner was ruined for me that year. You can NOT have thanksgiving dinner without potatoes, it was just awful. 

Needless to say, my aunt and cousin are banned from all potatoes for family gatherings. Lol

Potatoes are my favorite vegetable. So many lovely things you are able to do with them. Yummm.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Abby7 said:
    Well, cats are either the #1 or #2 most popular pet, not getting into the debate of which is more unpopular :), but there must be something awesome about them if that many people like them.

Plus, cats are way, way, way easier. You just have to take care of their dishes and box, and they do the rest. And they smell better and don't get your house as dirty. And I have never been out in my pajama pants in 5 degree weather at 6 AM picking up feces.
    I live in the country and leave all my dog feces out in the yard... And we let him out and he roams and then comes back in. He doesn't smell, and cuddles with me. So I guess I don't have the dog owner problems lol 
  • Yes, dog ownership in the country, or anywhere you have a decent backyard, is much different that in the city.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • I hate Starbucks. I love coffee, but I think Starbucks coffee is terrible. I don't even like the smell of the shops. 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited October 2016
    I hate Starbucks. I love coffee, but I think Starbucks coffee is terrible. I don't even like the smell of the shops. 
    I would choose Dunkin Donuts coffee any day over Starbucks! And then I moved to Washington, where's there is not a Dunkin to be found and a Starbucks on every corner! Ugh. It's taken some major getting used to. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I totally agree about Starbucks, but I'm definitely in the minority in the PNW. I much prefer Stumptown or Dutch Bros!
  • cato99 said:
    To continue the mashed potato discussion, my UO WOULD HAVE BEEN that mashed potatoes are boring and bland and WHY would you have them when you can have broccoli casserole! and brussels sprouts! and sweet potatoes! But then pregnancy came along and taught me a thing or two about the glory of mashed potatoes and I have been obsessed with them for weeks. 

I wonder if this newfound approval will stick or if after the baby I'll revert back to the dark days of mashed potatoes indifference. Only time will tell. 
    Mmmm broccoli casserole
  • I agree with @livin541 I much prefer Dutch to Starbucks. I just had DD for the first time in Boston this summer and blegh! I'll take my west coast Dutch any day :)
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • I'm a little late on this one (like most everything else in my life :/) but after reading through, my UO has got to be...I don't like dogs! Like, at all. Don't jump on me and slobber everywhere and get your stink on me. Blech. Nope. Cat person 4 lyfe. 

Also i really REALLY need some green bean casserole in my life now, at 8AM on a Saturday... I've started making Alton Brown's recipe the last two years and it is absolutely amazing. Just fyi ;)
  • Real enchiladas are pan fried, and now I am tempted to make some today.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• h&p_momma said:
    @RissaAnnmaria562 and @CarmCeG Really?! You've never made enchiladas in the oven? I'm an Arizona girl and lover of authentic Mexican food and we always have enchiladas in the oven! We pan fry some too. 

Now I need enchiladas... 
    lol I'm from California but was taught to make enchiladas  by pan frying them from family who is from Mexico. I'm going to have to try making them in the oven. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Same.  I also do not like most booze and pie.
  • Wow my opinion was a really unpopular one lol. Score!
  • I have no uo but now want all the foods and it's not 9am yet. Thanks guys! ;)
  • Abby7 said:
    Well, cats are either the #1 or #2 most popular pet, not getting into the debate of which is more unpopular :), but there must be something awesome about them if that many people like them.

I think cats smell too, lol. But so do dogs...and, as much as I love dogs, I hate dog hair. Cat hair makes me wheeze and gag. Oh, and hairless cats look like body parts or something :D.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Maybe I'll change my mind later but...I really dislike leggings! Haha. I feel like that alone is enough to revoke my citizenship, everyone else seems to love them that much! :)
  • Maybe I'll change my mind later but...I really dislike leggings! Haha. I feel like that alone is enough to revoke my citizenship, everyone else seems to love them that much! :)

I'm not a fan of them either! At my last job I conducted interviews and I really didn't like when young girls wore black leggings or printed leggings to interviews. We instructed them that the dress code business casual.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• You can pry my leggings from my cold, dead hands.  :D
  • @MoshiMoshi7 & @pshaortao I really don't have an issue with them, but don't wear them to an interview lol

I wear them under my work pants when its cold.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @CarmCeG oh of course not. While I wished I could wear them to my last job, I never did. I just stuck to slacks or skinny pants. I worked at Target in HR and while the jobs are more casual, I still seriously side eyed those who didn't even bother to dress up (think ripped jeans and plaid shirt)

• Haha! Enjoy and wear them in good health! I wish I could be on the leggings train with you guys but alas. Not meant to be. More for you guys, though!
  • You would have hated seeing some of my coworkers in some gaming studios I worked at! Some dressed smartly (management, singles looking to mingle and front office) but some of the programmers and artists just threw on anything. Bonus points if it was clean and not worn 3 days in a row... ick. Actually one of the QA girls lived in leggings, I don't think I ever saw her wear anything else in 3 years, lol!
  • @CarmCeG I definitely agree they are not appropriate business attire.
  • @AnnieKnitsALot i know right! And there are hardly any other bottom options for some reason! (Same goes for skinny jeans btw, not all of us can wear them, duh)
  • Jenshoes said:
    @mamasmurf12 I loathe cats! They are the spawn of the devil!! I'm also allergic but I just can't stand them. 
    Me too!! I just don't care for them. They aren't cuddly like dogs and I'm allergic too. My throat gets super itchy and feels like it's closing up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker