June 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Chatter and Questions- Week of October 9

swanbroonerswanbrooner member
edited October 2016 in June 2017 Moms
This thread is for your pregnancy related questions for fellow June 2017 Mommas.

Since there isn't a place for this yet and individualized questions and posts have been popping up, I figured it would be a good time to start.

We can make this a weekly post or keep this a giant thread, depending on the group consensus.

Re: Pregnancy Chatter and Questions- Week of October 9

• Options
    I have a cold and my nose is running like crazy.  I can't remember pregnancy safe medicine and I get it confused with nursing safe.  I wish I could take the good stuff and pass out lol.  Being sick while pregnant is the worst! 
  • Options
    @JessyKV YES! I was coming down with something last week and had that same thought. Then it reminded me that I need to go back to watching what I eat, too
    *sigh*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was seen by an OB for DD. I wasn't thrilled with the experience. 
    Meeting with a MW this Thursday for a consultation. Anyone else make the switch? What kind of questions did you ask your MW? What things did you wish you would have asked?

• Options
    JessyKV said:
    I have a cold and my nose is running like crazy.  I can't remember pregnancy safe medicine and I get it confused with nursing safe.  I wish I could take the good stuff and pass out lol.  Being sick while pregnant is the worst! 
    You can use regular garden variety Robitussin cough syrup, I do know that...I used it during my last pregnancy and while nursing.  If you see your doctor you can get a Z Pack which is also safe during pregnancy.
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this @swanbrooner!  What does everyone think about doing this thread monthly?  I feel like weekly might cause a lot of repeat questions and monthly would keep the thread topical/less of a challenge to scroll through?  Just a thought.  I'm game for any direction though.
  • Options
    MKRLTX said:
    Is anybody else feeling extremely irritable? I'm generally a very laid back person, but little things that normally wouldn't phase me are making my blood boil. Anyone else feeling totally nuts??
    Me! I'm also urinating too much. Already in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    @QueenNub I am too. I was up twice last night and of course couldn't fall back asleep after the second time.  Ugh. 
  • Options
    JendinkJendink member
    edited October 2016
    @MKRLTX.  I don't feel crabby with anyone except myself. I feel so bloated and fat right now that it's making me pissy. 

My boobs freaking hurt!  I'm currently wearing a bra and sports bra bc I feel the need to tie these girls down!  Ugh.  My boobs aren't small to begin with and pregnancy only makes them worse. Lol. 
  • Options
    I'm so so crabby! Probably a mix of this cold, exhaustion and pregnancy.  I am being a mean mom this weekend and I don't like it.  Mommy needs a nap! 

I used an on the last 2 times and will this time as well because I'm a 2vbac.  I had a csection with my first due to breech and vaginal with my second.  I am hoping they let me use the new natural birth center wing though that has birthing tubs! We will see! I had such a quick birth with my son my doctor doesn't want me to wait around or labor at home.  Of course this one could be totally different! 

Am I the only one slightly obsessed and excited for the labor and delivery part? I get giddy talking about it. 
  • Options
    Ummm....I hope this doesn't piss anyone off but I don't feel pregnant necessarily. I've only had a bit of nausea once (yesterday) & my breasts only hurt at night but it's not that bad. I don't feel bloated or overly emotional or anything like that. This is my first time being pregnant. Am I normal?? My numbers doubled and I go for a third beta check this coming Friday (my fertility clinics normal protocol) and my first ultrasound a week later. Hope everyone is having a great day!! 
  • Options
    @beckij34, I know what you mean. It's still sort of sinking in for me as well as H. I'm almost five weeks now, and haven't had really any symptoms. No nausea. My breasts are hurting, but I have tender breasts for a few days pretty much every cycle. It is a slightly different painfulness than the normal though. 

Many women don't have a lot of symptoms, and don't feel bad about that. My mom was pregnant six times and never had a single day of morning sickness! Very few other symptoms as well. She loved being pregnant. I hope I've inherited that!
  • Options
    @JessyKV another labor and delivery enthusiast! I love talking labor, delivery, and anything and everything in between! My first time around I encountered several really rare and random events during my labor and I still am excited for round 2. 
  • Options
    I have also been more irritable than normal. I don't even recall what has been triggering me but DH pointed out that he has noticed that I'm getting much more annoyed by people (other than him) than I usually am.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    I've been really irritated too. I feel bad because I have had very little patience with my DD. One minute I'll be fine and then the next her constant 4 year old chatter makes me snap at her  :(  I'm trying really hard to recognize when I'm feeling that way and be as nice to her as possible!
  • Options
    @beckij34 I know how you are feeling. This is my second pregnancy and I was so sick the first time that this doesn't feel real. I have always heard each pregnancy can be different but I feel like the symptoms make it more real. My boobs are sore and I have more round ligament pain. I am super excited for our doctors appointment. I guess we should be happy not to be super sick. It definitely makes it easier to hide at work.
  • Options
    Anyone else's DH driving them crazy? It's not all the time but sometimes I can't stand him, over little things too.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    I'm glad that I'm not sick all the time & completely exhausted but it's hard too when you don't feel pregnant. Im beyond blessed & excited that my third IUI worked. I can't wait to tell my mom she's going to be a nana for the eighth time. Im ecstatic that I am finally a mom. It just blows my mind. 
  • Options
    @JessyKV, I'm pretty stoked for birth, minus the IV, everything else I'm ready and excited about.

@beckij34, you're definitely normal.  This is my fifth pregnancy and each one has been so different.  With some of my pregnancies nausea was my first indication I was pregnant. This time I have no nausea, sore boobs is about my only symptom.  It's very bothersome.  Having morning sickness sucked, but despite how crappy it is, was actually very comforting because it reminded me that I was pregnant.  If that makes sense...?
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 I think monthly sounds like a great idea. 
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy, I used a midwife. Things didn't go as planned and I ended up with an emergency c section.  This pregnancy I have already signed up with a midwife.  But I am considering a planned section for this birth...If I go that route, would I have to find a doctor instead? Or would I still be able to use the midwife for all my appointments, and still have a csection? 
  • Options
    BUMP 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner Thanks for starting this thread!  I have been half expecting people to get flamed like they would have in TTGP for starting new threads for questions. 

@Elyse1384 I wouldn't mind it being a monthly thread! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • Options
    Is there a ticker change for monday peeps?  I looked but couldn't find it.  I may just be missing it.  Thanks!
  • Options
    For STM+, were any of you still nursing during a pregnancy? Did you dry up and/or did your LO stop nursing because of it?

DD is 10 months old and I want to breastfeed her until she's at least 1. I dont pump regularly, but I have before and I tried pumping last night and this morning and got less than an ounce from both sides when I would normally get 4+ ounces during a session. Could I be drying up already?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For STM+, were any of you still nursing during a pregnancy? Did you dry up and/or did your LO stop nursing because of it?

DD is 10 months old and I want to breastfeed her until she's at least 1. I dont pump regularly, but I have before and I tried pumping last night and this morning and got less than an ounce from both sides when I would normally get 4+ ounces during a session. Could I be drying up already?
    I haven't nursed since 6 months but have exclusively pumped since then and have done great since but last 2 weeks not only does it hurt like hell to pump, I'm struggling really badly with getting my usual amount. I pump 2 times a day right now and normally get 9-10 ounces each time but now I'm lucky if I get 7. My LO is almost 10 mo. If this continues I'm gonna have to start giving her 1 bottle formula a day. I have frozen milk but I'm hoping I can stretch it out till a year old. 

So im kinda in the same boat and feeling like I'm drying up. Not sure if that's normal. 
  • Options
    @Praying41- 10 month old DD twinnies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Praying41- 10 month old DD twinnies!
  • Options
    @babytuck15 I've nursed during previous pregnancies and this one, but it's been older toddlers in the 15m-2yr range so just nursing once or twice a day anyway. I didn't have a drop that bothered me/then until a bit later on, 2nd tri at least.

It might be pregnancy causing your drop in output but it could also be the fact that you aren't pumping regularly (supply meets demand and you haven't been creating the demand with pumping). Your baby is also at an age where the amount is dropping somewhat anyway if she's getting more intake of solids. I'd try a week of pumping at the same time with some power pumping sessions thrown in just like if your output seemed low without the pregnancy. (Whether you can stand the discomfort is another story, depends on how sore you are!) At 10 months in it may also be time to change the membranes. And lastly if you're not using a hands free bra already I highly recommend it, it creates a much better seal (my output nearly doubled when I upgraded from a cheapy to a good one).

• Options
    @babytuck15
    im nursing my 16 month old now and I nursed through my previous 2 pregnancies. Since your baby is under 1 I'd be more careful that he's getting enough, mine were all 1+ so it was less of a concern, until you start milk.

i got preg with #2 when 1 was 13m and he nursed toll 1 month before birth. I got pg with #3 when 2 was like 20m And I tried weaning him a month or 2 before, he still nursed a handful of times till he was maybe 3+. 

Most women will see their supply drop by a lot or all, and most women can safely nurse in preg. I found that as I dried up it got painful but for me it was manageable. I found a drop around 12-13w and was dry at 20w, and got a little back around 26-27. Some kids will cut back or stop some are more dedicated lol.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @babytuck15 @praying41 I'm wondering the same thing...but DD is 15 months and i only nurse her twice in the evening (once each side) so I'm basically hoping reduced supply will make her wean herself more easily.  Haven't pumped in almost 4 months now so I have no actual idea how much she's getting, but she doesn't seem mad so I guess it's fine.  She doesn't actually need it, she gets plenty of solid food and other liquids.

I will say that I started cutting her bottles with cow's milk at 11.5 months.  Her bottles were 4oz so I did a week of 1oz/3oz and then a week of 2oz/2oz, etc until they were all cow's milk.  Helped stretch my frozen milk a bit longer so I never needed to do formula.  Could be an option for you too, you're so close!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks @thankfully and @pghctwife ! I realized the other day that my stash was getting low so I thought I better pump in case I do dry up...at least right now the nipple pain is manageable!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm flying to Vegas on Thursday and the last time I flew pregnant I threw up twice on the plane and was so miserable! I get really bad motion sickness so I'm trying to be more prepared this time.  So far I bought sea bands to wear and Dramamine to take before take off.  Anyone have any other good tips or ideas to help me make it through the flight? 
  • Options
    I've worked with MW for 2 births. One long and normal, the other baby was born with an oemphalocele and she was rushed to Children's hospital for surgery. My MW group works in a hospital setting, so the transition to medical intervention is easy. I would certainly ask how they deal with medical problems of Mom and baby. I've heard too many horror stories with emergency Csections. 
  • Options
    @JessyKV, if you don't have a good seat, go up to the gate agent, tell them you're pregnant and ask to be switched. Thanks to a kind gate agent, I ended up switched to an aisle seat, near the bathroom, with no seatmates and that made the trip a little better. If there are any snacks or drinks that help, be sure to pack those (or purchase at airport). Or something like gum or lollipops. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks @delujm0 that's good to know. I may start doing that around 11 months. Part of me is happy supply is dwindling because it just hurts so much more to pump now. But I think I have enough frozen to get us through about a month so if I have to mix in a little formula at some point I'm ok with it. 
  • Options
    OP I agree monthly would be nice, but I'm worried about the newbies. I think weekly might be good to stat and then tapper it down to monthly in tri when everyone is comfortable with the rules. Of course, consensus rules.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker