May 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Chatter & Symptoms 10.3

13»

Re: Pregnancy Chatter & Symptoms 10.3

• Options
    @Jenshoes i had absolutely no nausea my first pregnancy. This time its mostly loss of appetite. Enjoy it while you can!

• Options
    Thank you @NurseK2016 @L1C4gal @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot @pshaortao Makes me feel better I'm not alone, I almost felt bad posting... seems almost boastful to say I haven't had bad symptoms or MS! My first u/s is tomorrow, so hopefully that appt will go well, and I'll feel better after talking to the Dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    livin541livin541 member
    edited October 2016
    @pshaortao  I work for Target too! The flu vaccine is still free for TMs  :)
  • Options
    @jenshoes I was totally with you last week. Let me tell you, you don't want it! (I totally get the anxiety so don't feel bad about "wanting to feel something"). It doesn't help that I'm a HUGE WEENIE about nausea - I would rather have 100 other things wrong than that. But man. It's tough. What a cruel joke that a baby makes you feel so bad when you can't tell anyone why you're feeling/acting so cruddy/tired. 
  • Options
    Oh man I just had a total pregnant win. I just got turned away from my dentist because they don't do cleanings in the first tri so I'm stopping at Waffle House on my way back to work. 

I never heard of the no cleanings thing but I'll take it because I hate going and now I get to put it off for two months! 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs that's so nice! I'm due for a cleaning this month but since I have to find a new dentist and all (relocated), I'm going to put it off until 2nd tri. That way I don't have to do the next one until after May.

• Options
    @chickyclg yeah I think it falls under "holy crap this happens early the second time"! I keep complaining to my husband about how it seems too early for round ligament pain compared to last time and he assures me that all the fun stuff starts early once your body has been through it before.

The round ligament pain! WTF? I didn't get that until mid 2nd trimester last time and I'm already having trouble with it at night while trying to sleep. Among many other things popping up very early this go around. My body's like "oh, I've got this...I know what to do. Let's make room for this baby BEFORE it needs it!"
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs - I had never heard of this either, until I went to the dentist while pregnant with my son. I happened to be in my 2nd tri, which is apparently the only tri in which they do dental cleanings! Also, now I really want waffles. And I had 2 this morning already. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    My dentist office does cleanings during first tri.  They just won't do xrays.  Xrays are fine but they say most people prefer to opt out in an abundance of caution, so they just stopped doing them unless there's an urgent need.
    dx: Unexplained IF (mild MFI) TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013): Antagonist Protocol:
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013): Lupron Stop Protocol:
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014): transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

FET #2 (September 2016): transferred 1 5d blast = BFP
    EDD 05/26/17
  • Options
    Kipperoo said:
    @chickyclg yeah I think it falls under "holy crap this happens early the second time"! I keep complaining to my husband about how it seems too early for round ligament pain compared to last time and he assures me that all the fun stuff starts early once your body has been through it before.

The round ligament pain! WTF? I didn't get that until mid 2nd trimester last time and I'm already having trouble with it at night while trying to sleep. Among many other things popping up very early this go around. My body's like "oh, I've got this...I know what to do. Let's make room for this baby BEFORE it needs it!"
    Ditto on the RLP. I get it just from standing up too fast from the couch to whatever. Not so bad, but the first time was already at 6 weeks. I was like seriously?? My only hope is that it won't last as long

• Options
    Just made an emergency grocery run for Outshine bars and chocolate milk. You ladies are my favorite. <3
  • Options
    mrsrep123 said

I decided to opt out this year and will just wear the stupid mask at the hospital. This year's flu vaccine is new (not from the H1N1 patient from a few years back that they've been using for the last several years) and I'd rather see how it turns out.  :#
    What do you mean when you say, "I'd rather see how it turns out?"
    Just that I'd like to see its effectiveness this year. I, too, am pro-vaccines but get nervous when the formulas start getting messed with. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    mrsrep123 said:
    mrsrep123 said

I decided to opt out this year and will just wear the stupid mask at the hospital. This year's flu vaccine is new (not from the H1N1 patient from a few years back that they've been using for the last several years) and I'd rather see how it turns out.  :#
    Just that I'd like to see its effectiveness this year. I, too, am pro-vaccines but get nervous when the formulas start getting messed with. 
    I still don't understand what you mean.  Do you mean you're going to risk catching the flu while pregnant in order to tell whether the vaccine was 25%, 50%, or 75% effective? I think anything >1% effective is worth the protection.  Also, do you work in a hospital? Do you see sick patients, kids, the elderly, or anyone else who might see sick ppl, kids, or the elderly? Oy.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    mrsrep123 said:
    mrsrep123 said

I still don't understand what you mean.  Do you mean you're going to risk catching the flu while pregnant in order to tell whether the vaccine was 25%, 50%, or 75% effective? I think anything >1% effective is worth the protection.  Also, do you work in a hospital? Do you see sick patients, kids, the elderly, or anyone else who might see sick ppl, kids, or the elderly? Oy.
    I am a registered nurse and work in a hospital. I'm protecting myself and pregnancy and patients until I feel this year's vaccine is safe enough for me. There's nothing wrong with being cautious and reading up on things... Luckily I'm able to give it a little time as I no longer work in trauma/critical care where the exposure and risk is too great. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 isn't it already too late to get it when you know if it worked for this season? The flu season has to begin to see how it performs.
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 isn't it already too late to get it when you know if it worked for this season? The flu season has to begin to see how it performs.
    Not necessarily... the flu season is loooong. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Anyone just have symptoms disappear? I've had horrible morning sickness for a few weeks and sore boobs and exhaustion. Then yesterday everything was back to normal. No ms, boobs don't hurt, I only slept 5 hours the past two nights and I'm doing fine. I read through this whole thread hoping to see at least someone else post this! I'm 9w3d today.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    Anyone else having symptoms declining/going away completely? Monday marked week 10, and my nausea didn't show up once all week (it wasn't ever really thaaaaat bad to begin with though) and my energy seems to be coming back. Is that normal for this point? The anxiety prone part of me is a little nervous about it!
  • Options
    @CherylE418 you and I posted the same thing at the same time  :)
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    @FlyChick @CherylE418. My symptoms have come and gone this whole pregnancy, it definitely messes with my head.  Thankfully I'm still on weekly U/S so we know everything is ok.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @FlyChick how funny! Maybe it was one of those meant to be things to reassure both of us :) 
  • Options
    @FlyChick @CherylE418 Yes, are most likely just done with morning sickness!  With my first pregnancy, nausea went away pretty much right at 9 weeks.  Consider yourselves lucky!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @FlyChick @CherylE418 Yes, are most likely just done with morning sickness!  With my first pregnancy, nausea went away pretty much right at 9 weeks.  Consider yourselves lucky!
    Ooh... I hope I get to join you ladies! The nausea started kicking in at night about 2?weeks ago! Ugh. 10 weeks on Tuesday (FX). 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @Jenshoes I'm 10 weeks and didn't have much MS at all, a few waves of it if I let myself get too hungry. I heard the heartbeat at the doctors office on Thursday and that really eased my mind!! 
  • Options
    @CajunSnowWhite89 I'm calling my nipples torpedo nipples. The minute my shirt comes off there they are ! It's super weird since that didn't happen w number 1. I second whoever said this much back pain better not continue because w ds I had it late second tri now it's almost every day 
  • Options
    @FlyChick and @CherylE418 - Same thing happened to me at 9.5 weeks and it freaked me out, but every so often I get some nausea waves and that helps calm me a bit. Can't wait for that next u/s though for solid reassurance. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018