March 2017 Moms

Nursery Talk! Plans, Themes, etc.

Re: Nursery Talk! Plans, Themes, etc.

• Once we learn the gender I'll plan more. In this house the nursery will be in our current library, and the wall o' books isn't going anywhere so womp womp. We'll be out of this house well before baby's mobile, thankfully. 

I'll go with some sort of gender neutral furniture for sure, but if we have a girl I'm totally going with the color scheme from Laduree (yes, the Paris macaron place, yes, I'm obsessed forever). It's a light sage green with some dusky lavender and then little bits of black and gold... and I assume we'll be given tons of pink things so that will come in as well. Some locations switch in muted teal rather than lavender, or add in gray cabinetry. 

Here for all suggestions of the best way to start a good organization system for toys and general baby stuff... whatever we do will need to make moves easily (military family). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went with this crib set from Mamas and Papas for our 2 yo. It's the Once a Upon Time line. We didn't get the rug or mobile, just the comforter (super soft), sheet, bumper, and valence. Very gender neutral and we plan to use again. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so excited to really start planning and nailing down what we are going to do for the nursery! Everybody's ideas are adorable! I'm worried that I'm going ham with too much pink......

I LOVE the navy colored walls, neutral furniture and accents of pink but I wonder if the walls will be too dark. I also love they grey and pink color combo as well but I worry it's too trendy?

Question: Is there any nursery related items that you 100% recommend and/or 100% recommend skipping?.
    Definitely get a glider!
    Ditto to the glider AND make sure to get the foot rest that goes with the glider. My friends told me I had to get the matching foot rest (even though I didn't really want to fork over the money) and man were they ever right. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cbeanz said:
    Nursery for baby #3!

Bonus: it's mobile!

Hahahaha this is basically us. We don't have a spare bedroom where we are right now so we're in the process of finding a bigger house. We're having trouble finding the right one so I have a feeling we'll be bringing baby home to a bassinet crammed in our bedroom. I was thinking one of those 3 in one pack and plays might be more comfortable.. and that's the extent our "nursery" will go for baby #2 unfortunately. 
  • @EALasagna45 I CONSTANTLY thought about moving the recliner to the living room. I think it will depend on lots of variables.  I enjoyed having somewhere comfy go run away to when there was too much family here which is probably the primary reason why at the end if the day I kept it in lo's room. BUT most of the time I Nursed in the loving room and most of the time I didn't want to run away and thought it would be nice to have a glider in the living room.

Regarding putting it in the living room to have tv on in the background again I think it will depend on your lo. If you have a super long nurser I think that would help. Mine was always a fast eater then back to sleep quick so it really wouldn't have made sense to move out if the room.

So idk if this has helped anything lol. I'm all over the place but hey if you stick with a glider vs recliner at least it's an easy move!
  • No plans for a nursery - keeping the guest room as is until after baby is born and everyone comes to meet baby. Then once all of that is over, we will do a half nursery/half guest room. Then eventually we plan to move into a bigger house, but until that happens we will deal. Poor second kid, my first (DD) had a beautiful nursery painted and set up and waiting for her when she was born. 
    Exactly this - poor second baby
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • We have four bedrooms, 2 downstairs (including the master) and 2 upstairs. Right now, the second downstairs bedroom is our office, but we'll move that upstairs soon. The nursery will be in the other downstairs bedroom. When we have #2, this baby will move upstairs and lo 2 will be in the nursery. If we're in this house long enough, both kids will be upstairs, and the nursery will be turned back into an office and perhaps playroom.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Team pink here but we're going with a neutral mint forest theme. I got some really cute wire bears and foxes from hobby lobby to hang on the wall. Both DH and I are Florida State alums and since arrows are trendy right now, I've been able to work in a few of those as an homage to our college days! 

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • RunBooRun said:
    We have four bedrooms, 2 downstairs (including the master) and 2 upstairs. Right now, the second downstairs bedroom is our office, but we'll move that upstairs soon. The nursery will be in the other downstairs bedroom. When we have #2, this baby will move upstairs and lo 2 will be in the nursery. If we're in this house long enough, both kids will be upstairs, and the nursery will be turned back into an office and perhaps playroom.
    This sounds exactly like our house and that is what we are planning on doing as well! It is SO NICE to have the nursery be on the same level as the master bedroom! Several of our friends bought houses with the spare rooms on a different level than the master and they've ended up keeping their babes in their room much longer than I plan on doing for the sake of convenience.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• We are currently prepping to clear out DH's office to move it to the finished room in the basement to make room for this baby. We are reusing DD's furniture regardless of if it's a boy or girl, and if it is a girl we will reuse the bedding and matching decor as well. It is a soft antique-y (if that's a real word. Lol) pink with lambs and angels, with some bible verses on the quilt and wall hangings.
     If we have a boy I'm a little at a loss as to what we will do. The crib and dresser is a driftwood color, which I love, but I feel like it doesn't necessarily match everything. I found some sweet boy sets that are grey, but I think they would be better with white or black furniture. I even thought of doing Star Wars for a boy, but it is the same deal with the color. I'm hoping I will find something that speaks to me if it is a boy between now and March!
  • Well DH point blankly stated that the baby will be in his room. When my sister asked who would it be sharing with my DS or DD so I haven't really thought of a theme yet.  Although I'm stuck on this really nice gray crib that I saw so maybe I'll make him or her a little section of DH's room since apparently we don't share it anymore. Even though I'm sure I'll be the one getting up most nights while he snores on his side of the bed. 

• SO cute, @GoldenTMama
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Liss_37Liss_37 member
    edited September 2016

I plan to do a whale theme. my walls are already grey so I'm going to do white accents and other accent colours depending on what the gender(s) are of the babies but the whale theme will stay the same  :)

ETA I am definitely *not* getting a glider this time. I got one last time and it was horribly uncomfortable. This time I am bringing up my favorite recliner from the rec-room and using that instead 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Sorry I'm responding back so late! Mobile bumping seriously sucks. Thank you all so much for your feedback and insight! @CanadianintheSouth @vino831

Pregnancy Ticker

• Also, I second getting a recliner that rocks. Not that sleeping in a chair with a baby is recommended, but a recliner has to be a safer set up just in case you drift off as opposed to a glider! Sometimes baby will only sleep on mama. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kap1988 that ceiling! My dad would be losing his mind, he is so against painting ceilings anything but white.. I'm really glad you got it painted, what a world of a difference now, it's really beautiful and bright! 
  • I would love to start planning a nursery, but we are hoping to buy a house before March, so it's hard for me to envision anything just yet. We will also have to redo our toddlers room if we move.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • @Burrberrymum Thank you! I'd been dreading painting it since we bought the house. I'm so happy it's finally done! I don't know what the heck people are thinking sometimes when it comes to paint.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @longliveregina love the set up!! This is exactly what we plan to do with DD in the next few months so we can switch this LO into the crib. 
  • @averageash Where did you get that colorful map? I love it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nicklesb said:
    @averageash Where did you get that colorful map? I love it!
    Home Goods!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • @kjd291 it's better than what my baby #2 will have if we don't find a house on time! Time is ticking... If nothing comes up, baby will be living in the living room for a while. Poor baby #2. 
  • I'm seriously considering just reusing all of the monster decorations from DD's nursery for #2. They are still really cute! And already done...
  • Thinking we will probably go with a woodland theme.  I have a friend who makes these gorgeous quilts that I have been in love with for years. We bought a house and take possession in 18 days, and I am thrilled to get to design a nursery.  Will do grey walls with some decal trees for now, and add whatever colour scheme we decide on once baby is here and we know the sex. 
  • C25C25 member
    We don't really set up a nursery..ill be using the same crib and dresser as I did with my boys because they are a really cute green color which is totally neutral. This time around I will definitely be spending the big bucks on a chair. Let me share..I cannot wait to order my rocker from Best Furniture!!! It's by far the most fitting for my body and idea nursing chair and I've looked a LOT! Worth looking into if you're searching for a chair ;)
  • @OctoberLove13 i love that theme! how cute
  • Thanks @Gators&amp;BoSox ! I fell in love with it!
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I'm late to this party, but we're doing a Winnie the Pooh themed room.  Just registered for the bedding, and accessories, and getting dark wood crib/dresser/glider.  Will probably paint 3 walls a pale green, and leave 1 wall the tan it currently is, as an accent wall, but we'll see what the DH has to say about that!  Wanted to keep it neutral in case we have baby #2 in this house too.  (not likely....but never know!)
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19

• Just bought this chair and a dresser at Target.  I'm really excited for the chair, it looks super comfy.  FYI they are having a deal where if you spend $500 on nursery stuff you get $100 off.  

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't wait to find our the sex - will the 17th! I have gorgeous wallpaper already on hand if it's a girl, simple black & white birds & butterflies, w/some brightly colored creatures (Schumacher Birds & Butterflies).  I have it in my back entryway.  Adore it.  Either way, I'll do wallpaper or some type of mural on the wall with windows, then all other walls nearly white with a hint of color taken from the 'accent wall'.  Trim to be a bright pop of color from this wall.  Plan B is a striped accent wall, white walls, trim to match stripe color (I sort of regret having white trim throughout the house, so I'm going for color).

Crib will be simple & wood.  No changing table just a dresser.

Now, to find a comfy chair that isn't huge.  I wonder if they exist...
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited November 2016
    I posted this photo on the Tuesday ticker change but this is the theme we recently picked. :)
    ***honest opinions wanted please!! I wanted initially to get a white 4-in-1 type of crib (since we have an old white dresser that I wanted to use as a dresser/changing table combo) but I LOVE the dark wood look used in this sample room! Do you guys think I can still go with the white furniture or do you think it would look much better with wood? Would it look terrible if we did the white dresser and the dark wood crib? The room is already painted green - maybe a shade lighter than the green in the bedding, and all the trim in the room is white. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i think the white furniture will look perfectly fine with that :) Especially since the bed skirt is dark. It would personally drive me nuts if the dresser didn't match the crib, which is why ours is dark. Cute theme!
  • It wouldn't look bad.  Totally your call if it'll annoy you or not.  You could always sand your dresser down and paint a different color!