May 2017 Moms

Unpopular opinion Thursday

2»

Re: Unpopular opinion Thursday

• Add me as one who can't stand the term preggers, KU, Prego... It boils my blood and I will correct people quickly when they use it in reference to me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Jenshoes said:
    My UO- I cannot stand the "It works" people and posts all over my facebook.  If it "really worked" the people who sell it (that I know of) would actually be in shape! They post about these fat fighters and wraps and how they work wonders, yet they're all overweight!
    And they post excessively.  Another reason why I cannot stand social media. Get out of my face it works!
    Yessssss!!! And they're all over Instagram. I get friend/follow requests daily. Yes, I know I'm overweight. It's gonna take a lot more than some "magical" wrap to make me skinny. Leave me alone.
  • Jenshoes said:
    Mine may be a mostly southern thing. I'm not sure if everyone does this. But I really dislike smocked dresses and Jon jon's on kids. Around here kids wear them for everything. 
    Um is it bad that I don't know what either of these things are??
    It's better that you don't haha. They can be cute but it's just overkill down south.

• @Jenshoes they look like this. Could be cute for babies. IMO it's not cute on 6 & 7 year olds. Most people get different embroidery for the different holidays.

(sorry if the pics are huge)
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • SquirtgunSquirtgun member
    edited September 2016
    Jenshoes said:
    Mine may be a mostly southern thing. I'm not sure if everyone does this. But I really dislike smocked dresses and Jon jon's on kids. Around here kids wear them for everything. 
    Um is it bad that I don't know what either of these things are??
    Some random child on Pinterest wearing a Jon Jon : 

and random girl in a smocked dress on Pinterest-

edited to add- @CajunSnowWhite89 guess we were both looking up pictures at the same time! 
  • @Jenshoes they look like this. Could be cute for babies. IMO it's not cute on 6 & 7 year olds. Most people get different embroidery for the different holidays.

(sorry if the pics are huge)
    Yep this. Or just go to images.google.com and type in smock dress toddler.

• I do love those flavoured tootsie rolls they give at halloween... You know, the ones that are like vanilla, cherry, etc.? I much prefer chewy candy.
    I love the vanilla ones, but the rest are yucky
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I love all smocked goodies!  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @allowachick That was actually someone else's post (I didn't know the term either!), but some PP gave some good visuals above. Now we know!
  • @allowachick I totally agree with you that leggings are not pants! They're great for under dresses or skirts or for sleeping in, but not pants.
  • On the Grease subject: I'm a foreigner so I watched it as an adult for the first time. I think it's easier to like it if it's been etched into the cultural landscape from one's childhood but for me its just full of disgusting actions and words, like the suggestion that the girl put up a fight or the reference to cars making girls "cream". Ugh.
  • I hate Carter's layettes or sets or whatever they are called. Specifically, all the ones with animals on the butt. I was gifted so many with DS and I hated them. There was monkeys, dogs, frogs, bulldogs, elephants, turtles, and so many more. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My UP is I don't like Harry Potter. 
  • @contrarationem I saw the edited version and always thought it was scream... but I do love grease I cant say why maybe just the liveliness of it or the music but it sends a horrible image that you have to change to fit in with the guy because when the guy changed it didn't work he couldn't be preppy lol
    @RissaAnnmaria562 I love the stuff on the butt I think for little ones it is soo cute
    @Shopaholic When I was 11 my mom bought harry potter for me for christmas. I was like wtf this is for kids (yes at 11 I said this smh). One night I was soooo bored I read it and got obsessed. I can't stand the movies but love the books
    @slam1110 I have two pregnant girls at work who were like guess you can't bring sandwiches to work now and I was like you kidding? 
    My UO is I HATE school buses and I can't stand how kids all have individualized bus stops when back in the day I walked far to get to my assigned school stop. When I am on a short street that the bus stops 10 times and holds traffic for 10 minutes im so angry. I watch them blow red lights in new haven I have actually been hit by a negligent school bus driver and I used to drive to work where the buses would hold up traffic to let their fellow buses out of the school parking lot. 
  • tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
    edited September 2016
    My school bus had stops at our driveways- but that was a 45 min bus ride on a winding, country road and depending on the time of year we were picked up before sunrise. We also had longer days because we only went M-Th
  • Oh and also I don't like "only the best x get promoted to y" style pregnancy announcements. 
  • Yiggle09 said:
    @contrarationem I saw the edited version and always thought it was scream... but I do love grease I cant say why maybe just the liveliness of it or the music but it sends a horrible image that you have to change to fit in with the guy because when the guy changed it didn't work he couldn't be preppy lol
    @RissaAnnmaria562 I love the stuff on the butt I think for little ones it is soo cute
    @Shopaholic When I was 11 my mom bought harry potter for me for christmas. I was like wtf this is for kids (yes at 11 I said this smh). One night I was soooo bored I read it and got obsessed. I can't stand the movies but love the books
    @slam1110 I have two pregnant girls at work who were like guess you can't bring sandwiches to work now and I was like you kidding? 
    My UO is I HATE school buses and I can't stand how kids all have individualized bus stops when back in the day I walked far to get to my assigned school stop. When I am on a short street that the bus stops 10 times and holds traffic for 10 minutes im so angry. I watch them blow red lights in new haven I have actually been hit by a negligent school bus driver and I used to drive to work where the buses would hold up traffic to let their fellow buses out of the school parking lot. 
    I like school buses but I agree that there is no harm in making kids walk a bit! They stop a lot in our neighborhood but there are SO many kids I think it's ok. Our stop, which is just for our block, currently has 9 kids get on at once, just for elementary school. In three years it will probably be about 15 kids, unless some of the kids on my block move away or don't attend public school (but the whole point of where we live is for the public schools, so most people go.)

I also wanted to say "hi" about New Haven (CT, I assume). I grew up there and lived there for a few years as an adult. My parents still live there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I do love those flavoured tootsie rolls they give at halloween... You know, the ones that are like vanilla, cherry, etc.? I much prefer chewy candy.
    I love the vanilla ones, but the rest are yucky
    But you have to twist the vanilla ones with the others! My favorite combo is with the orange- it's like a Creamsicle! 
  • @CajunSnowWhite89 thanks for adding the pics! I'm living in the south but I'm from OH and never knew what those clothing items were called. My SIL still puts her 8 year old in those dresses some Sundays and I never quite understood the appeal.
  • @allowachick shush. Leggings are the best kind of pants. Elastic waist bands for life!!
  • @allowachick * I agree for the most part...sometimes people take it a bit farther than anyone else needs to see. I do like wearing them with tunics or long tops (anything where the top covers my bum) or as cozies in the winter when I am snuggling around the house. 

I think my UO is that I HATE Halloween. I find, especially as Halloween approaches, that I become the equivalent of a Scrooge (whatever that is for Halloween). I don't like the costumes, the candy craziness or how dangerous Trick or Treating can be. I have never been into it. 
    Me: 25 | DH: 24
    Married: 06/14/14
    Fur Babies: Samara (Lab) & Akiva (Pom)
    Foster Parents
    MC: 8/18/2016
  • @waitingforblueskies My stepmom doesn't open the door for trick or treaters (they either purposely go out or they turn the porch light off so trick or treaters know not to go to that house) because it's "the one time of year that people are encourage to open the door for strangers AND they are in disguise".