May 2017 Moms
Options

Unpopular opinion Thursday

I didn't see a post yet, so I thought I'd start one. I can't stand the words Prego, preggly, and preggers. Pregnant, expecting, even KU, are fine.

Re: Unpopular opinion Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like the movie "The Goonies"--just never have. While we're at it, I don't love "Grease" either, although that's not due to a fundamental flaw with the movie, just that it was played at every birthday party I ever went to growing up and I just got sick of it.

So basically, I'm the worst '80s/'90s middle-school sleepover guest ever.
  • Options
    @L1C4gal I hate Forrest Gump... My sister loved that movie and we watched it all the time so I grew to hate it. Plus my name is Jenny....
  • Options
    @L1C4gal- Grease is one of my all time favorites, but I understand that watching it so often may have that effect. I'll forgive that.

On a related note....I don't understand the appeal of Princess Bride. Maybe it's because I didn't see it for the first time until I was in my 20's, but I found it very odd (and not in an enjoyable way).
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @Jenshoes That sounds rough! And @kayemjay2, thanks for understanding ;)
  • Options
    @L1C4gal You take that back!  JK.  You are entitled to your UO.  I actually traveled to Astoria, WA for the 30th anniversary festival last year..... 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @slam1110 - I would kill for a Publix sub! I was born and raised in the south, but now live in the Publix-less midwest :( You enjoy those subs for me.
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 Yes ma'am!
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Options
    NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot That's awesome! Some serious dedication there. Maybe I'd appreciate it more if I watched it as an adult, or if I was around a lot of people who loved it. That happened to me with Seinfeld--I didn't really like it until I started hanging out with some friends in grad school who loved it, and now I know every line and watch it every night before bed.

Your gif made me laugh!
  • Options
    I have lived in an area where there's a few Publix for a few months now and I have not yet entered one. I've been to Publix in FL when visiting DH's grandma but that's about it. Some Publix loving mamas from my S14 group are not very happy with me haha

• Options
    @pshaortao As they should be! Those S14 mamas know what's up! Get yourself into one stat!
    I sometimes cheat on Publix and go to Target for my grocery shopping b/c Target has all the things.  But then I always kick myself at the end b/c I #1 spend way too much money, even though they typically have cheaper prices. And #2 the employees and cashiers at Publix are so darn nice and helpful. They make checkout a breeze. They always help unload my cart and will load my groceries into my car (although I usually turn them down 95% of the time). So ya, go to Publix! :)
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Options
    HowdyAnnieHowdyAnnie member
    edited September 2016
    It won't let me quote, but I agree with @L1C4gal.  Grease is the worst. 
    Married 10 years.  1 DD (5 y/o).  Thrilled to be pregnant with LO#2 after almost 3 years of trying:  due May 2017

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    My UO is I don't like pumpkin flavored anything. I don't really get the hype there especially with social media constantly talking about it. I'm over it.

However... for you lovers out there, I present you PSL Nail Art. You're welcome. 
    https://https//www.buzzfeed.com/chrissymahlmeister/psl-hell?utm_term=.gbnnRG4xN#.asB3ZK5Q7
    I sit here too, I think all pumpkin crap taste gross.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    You guys are all so so wrong in your Grease hate. Guess I'll be over here doing the hand jive by myself.

My UO is that I do not get excited about football. I get excited about the food and booze, I understand what's going on, I just think the game itself is really long and kind of boring. 
  • Options
    UO: I think it is dumb that the due dates are attached to the ticker change titles.  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I agree with so many of these! 

I absolutely hate when people say "my man" referring to their SO. It just feels so awkward to me. And the fastest way to be unfollowed on social media is to start selling MLM stuff. 
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 I am here with you!

I also really enjoyed Grease 2, although not as much as the original.
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Options
    Mine may be a mostly southern thing. I'm not sure if everyone does this. But I really dislike smocked dresses and Jon jon's on kids. Around here kids wear them for everything. 
    Married May 2012
  • Options
    @HowdyAnnie I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • Options
    Mine may be a mostly southern thing. I'm not sure if everyone does this. But I really dislike smocked dresses and Jon jon's on kids. Around here kids wear them for everything. 
    I think smocked dresses are kinda cute on really little girls (too much like nightgowns for big girls).  I will never understand Jons Jons.  Unless you are in the 1960s, I suppose.  
    Married 10 years.  1 DD (5 y/o).  Thrilled to be pregnant with LO#2 after almost 3 years of trying:  due May 2017

• Options
    staleykstaleyk member
    edited September 2016
    My thoughts exactly! I don't know why, but I can't stand preggers! 
  • Options
    This made me chuckle. I grew up in Houston so I got there at least a couple times a year with DD. When I take her to activities its very "you know youre in houston when at least half of the girls are dressed up in smocks"

• Options
    I agree with so many of these! I absolutely hate all of the sales pushing my friends do on FB! Anyway, I also don't care for Star Wars. I didn't even see the movies until college. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 I feel the same way about Princess Bride. I really don't like that movie and don't get why everyone loves it.  

I hate snapchat! I hate when everyone is putting things in their snap or taking this silly pictures with the crazy filters. MH does it all of the time with DD, and I'm over here like "can't you just take a normal picture!"
  • Options
    @CajunSnowWhite89 Yes!!  I'm in the south and have been gifted so many smocked dresses!  i do have one I like, with Noah's ark on it. Daughter is really good in church when she wears it, because she's so busy playing with her dress ;)
    Way worse are the smocked overalls for boys. Dreadful. And extra points for giant monograms, preferably on the kiddo's bottom. *shudder*

• Options
    I hate chocolate.... *hides*
    2 angel babies Jan 2015 and Nov 2015
    BFP Sept 2016
    Fingers crossed for a sticky rainbow baby!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate chocolate.... *hides*
    I don't hate chocolate, but I much prefer cinnamon or caramel. I'll eat chocolate if it's the only thing around though.
    Married May 2012
  • Options
    @CamiSelene we can trade halloween candies! Ill take your chocolate in exchange for my non chocolate ;)

• Options
    I usually LOVE chocolate, but pregnancy me doesn't. I'm not repulsed by it, I just eat a bit and think, "this isn't delicious anymore". I've thrown away chocolate cake, truffles, brownies- all sorts of things because I was done after eating a bite or two.