February 2017 Moms

UO 9/29

13»

Re: UO 9/29

• @Gretchypoo - I know, right? His little face freaks me out!

@Spicyweiner - I'm an atheist myself and I'm obsessed with Christmas. I start listening to Christmas music in early November. My husband says he's a Christian (but also thinks we might be descended from aliens, so I can never take his claim to Christianity very seriously) and he's crazy about Christmas, too. I can't wait!
  • +1 for celebrating Christmas as a secular holiday. H and I are both pretty agnostic-bordering-atheist but also both enjoy good food, family, pretty lights, and all the traditions. Planning a nice cozy PJ day with biscuits and gravy, holiday movies, music, cookies, etc. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @skiingstark you win. That looks like the best Christmas ever!
  • @skiingstark you have your very own shotski? That's amazing.
  • homemake said:
    @skiingstark you have your very own shotski? That's amazing.
    No shotski this year though :( 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • I tried hard not do to Elf on the Shelf... and then kindergarten happened. LOL there was no way out of it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @skiingstark your screename makes total sense!! 

• @skiingstark your family Christmas looks super fun. I'd enjoy going to my families house if it was like that! I normally drink heavily to get through Christmas at my Mammaws. Don't know how I'm going to survive this year. She lives less than a mile away, so I have no excuse for not coming :/

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @skiingstark Will your family adopt me, please? I'm house-trained and everything.
    LOL!

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @MLRocha I thought my Inlaws were the only ones to celebrate Jesus' birthday on Christmas with a cake/happy birthday. Having the large family on his side (22 nieces/nephews, he has 8 bros/sis, and then 4 ILs), it's very easy to forget whose birthday is when. Every Christmas when he says we can't leave yet because we need to sing happy birthday, I stupidly ask whose birthday it is. 
    Lol! Sounds like something I would do!

• @MLRocha I thought my Inlaws were the only ones to celebrate Jesus' birthday on Christmas with a cake/happy birthday. Having the large family on his side (22 nieces/nephews, he has 8 bros/sis, and then 4 ILs), it's very easy to forget whose birthday is when. Every Christmas when he says we can't leave yet because we need to sing happy birthday, I stupidly ask whose birthday it is. 
    That is awesome! We made a happy birthday Jesus cake also growing up, though we didn't get to eat it for breakfast so I'm jealous on that front! DH and I aren't religious so we won't be carrying on that tradition but I do plan on having lots of desserts at Christmas time since I love to bake!

My parents live ~8hrs away and since I moved we've gone to see them for either Christmas or Thanksgiving alternating which one each year. This year I'm toughing out one last (and probably the roughest) Christmas travel and then I plan on telling them we won't be doing that anymore and will only travel every few years. I know they'll be pissed but sorry it's time to focus on the family I'm creating with my husband. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)