December 2016 Moms

UO- 9/29

13»

Re: UO- 9/29

• @penelope4612 I'm kinda wondering this too...also I have NO clothes on our registry, because we've gotten so many clothes for free...and I'm worried people will give us a bunch of clothes, when we really don't need them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @penelope4612 I ended up opening 4 electric hand mixers at my bridal shower. Yes, FOUR. I just smiled at each and said "Thank you!!" and moved on. It became a little comical...
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @penelope4612 @temmetime yes, same for me. I got as many blenders at my bridal shower and it just became a fun joke.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sourlemon I totally agree.  In Canada, only women can take maternity leave, which is a max of 17 weeks.  It's to recognize the fact that we carry and birth the baby, and need to recover.  However, both parents can take parental leave, which can bring you from 17 to 52 weeks.  I'm taking the full year, but in theory, the Dad can take some of the parental leave too.  This often happens when the woman isn't at a job where they will top of up her salary (as they do when you work for the gov't), but the guy does.  Someone might as well get paid to stay home with the baby.
  • penelope4612 said:NJ
    Is it super awkward when people buy you the same thing and you have to open the same gift multiple times at the shower?  My mom told me she bought something from my registry at another store and then couldn't figure out how to mark it off the BRU registry.  

I don't know why I'm anxious about this, obviously I'll just smile and say thank you, but it seems awkward.
    I thought it was!!! Just be prepared with your super grateful face and push past it :)  (or you can always white lie and say "yay I wanted two!" Or something... they won't know if/when you return it!)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I THINK I agree with most of the UOs from this week, except that I'm good with any form of shower, co-Ed or not, and ---

Those of you against HP and TWD --- who are you people!?!?! Just knife me in the chest why dontcha. 

My UO is the use of bumper stickers on a car/the stick figure families/advertising the sport your kid plays/monogrammed windshields/"in memory of" decals/anything that falls into this category.

This is your car. Not your 7th grade science binder. I give zero sh!ts that you ran a half marathon or that Little Bobby from your six kid family plays football at Stupid Park. Also. Get over your own initials. And is your CAR in memory of someone? What? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swhiddon33 - for some reason, your post just reminded me of when I was younger.  There used to be a "student of the month" award for every grade in elementary school and middle school.  My brother and I got them pretty much every year.  One of the things that came along with the award was a bumper sticker that said "My child was student of the month at X school."  As a child, I was always so offended that my mother refused to put them ALL on her car.  She may have had one on there.  But I never understood why she didn't just keep putting them on.  
  • sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited October 2016
    @swhiddon33 I agree with all except the marathon stickers on my car! Hells to the yeah that I'm keeping that on my car forever! FOR.EH.VER!

But only one. I have friends that have for every race they have ran. That's excessive. 

Eta: if they made a bumper sticker for "I've potty trained my 2yo!" I'd be tempted...because holy cow that's an accomplishment too!  *I'm just kidding, my kid would kill me*
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @swhiddon33 I'd only get an In Memory decal for my grandma, only because the car I have now was her car. I'm iffy about the family decals and Student of the Month because I'm paranoid and wouldn't want people knowing how many people were in my family and where my kid went to school.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• The only car magnets I will ever have on my car are one that says "Crazy Cat Lady" and "Baby On Board." I don't like bumper stickers or decals since they're not as easily removed from the car body and I don't like stickers on my windows because I'm short and have a hard enough time seeing out the back window as it is.
  • @dmontgo I'll gladly let you have my share of all the pies!