TTC since June 2015 
BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
September Football Siggy

Re: UO- 9/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @cjt21413 damn you should hang out more. Especially if you're gonna bring gifs as magnificent as that one...
    consider my eyes dazzled!

For some reason the randos don't bother me at all...

oh also, though I like facebook, I actually joined and then left the D16 facebook group. It felt too impersonal somehow. Also I don't like the format. I'm just a bumper I guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @Kate08Young - I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking about you.

@cjt121413  You are definitely winning the gif competition today!

My UO is that I just can't get into The Walking Dead. DH just started binge watching the series, and I have to leave the room because it stresses me out too much. It seems like a show that I should be into since I usually love sci-fi, but I can't handle it. Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones, but these days, I will only watch something if I know in advance that it has a happy ending. I think I'm officially becoming a boring mom! 
  • Options
    @sammyl1221 and @penelope4612 Eggs are terrible, terrible things. I say that when we have about 15 chickens and get half a dozen a day - good thing other people in the house like them. We also sell them. My egg aversion started two years ago with my first pregnancy and it hasn't gone away. 

• Options
    I'm on board with all of these UOs - except about eggs.  I love love hard boiled eggs.  I especially agree with the opinion on randoms - but technically it might be unpopular for me to have that opinion because I just changed my picture and I really only post a few times every other day haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    I dont even really want to have a baby shower at this point.
    My friend is hosting a small shower for me with my side of the family and a few friends, and MIL is hosting a co-ed shower for DH's side. While I'm grateful to both of them for doing this for us, its been a lot more drama than its probably worth, especially considering I dont like all the attention and I would prefer to go shopping and pick everything out by myself or with DH.
    Your comment about potlucks made me laugh, @brittnic86. The shower with DH's family will most certainly be a pot luck and that's totally normal for his family but would be considered a little weird by mine

<3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    @jandd2014 I dunno, I mean, his family is full of cooks, so it's not totally weird....but they would think it is for a baby shower. Like, family dinner, sure. But functions involving non family....not so much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, my family does pot luck for major holiday get togethers but not for things like birthdays or other parties that tend to be specifically for a certain person. But DH's family does them for every family party (which they have a lot of!). It doesn't bother me at all, they're all good cooks too!
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    @brittnic86 omg yaaaas. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @brittnic86 Our family reception was a potluck, that the non Mormon side hosted.

Thanks ladies. I am so grateful that I have you to vent and bitch to. H and my family don't care because they don't understand.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Kate08Young do you have Mormon family too? Lol. My family hasn't gone in decades. But the mentality is still there lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can't stand Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Pie of any kind, and ketchup.
  • Options
    @slartybartfast I've tried the movies and always fall asleep within 30 mins of starting them, and the books just don't draw me in either. I'm weird, I know.

@mysteryship it's a huge texture issue with me. I can't stand the texture of any of the fillings. 
  • Options
    @Mamax2 I don't like pie either! I agree, its something about the texture of the filling. I'll eat quiche in the same pie crust as my mom uses for pies but I wont eat it when she uses it for fruit pies.
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    edited September 2016
    @tinattt23 I don't think avoiding sugars for one day is gaming the system lol. My doctor said that if I eat a bunch of sugary foods the day before, I would likely fail. I would think if you have GD, it will show up even with avoiding sugars one day. Some of our ladies suffering from HG have GD or failed the first test and they haven't been chowing down on foods because they feel sick. 
  • Options
    @dmontgo I would imagine changing your diet would only really effect the more borderline results, but of course, I'm no doctor. If your doctor requires/encourages a certain procedure, then by all means follow it. I just think of it kind of like meditating before getting your blood pressure taken. Unless you spend all day every day meditating, than that reading isn't really a useful tool for knowing what your blood pressure typically is like. And maybe your diet before has no effect on your results. But in that case, I'm going to enjoy my ice cream  :p
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I know in my case for high BP, even deep breathing exercises didn't make a difference in between two readings on the same day. It just kept getting worse despite no previous issues. 

But enjoy that ice cream--hopefully tomorrow I can enjoy some too!
  • Options
    @Mamax2 I'm with you with Harry Potter, GOT and Walking Dead! Can't stand them. Solidarity, sista! And it's ok, I will eat all the pie (as long as it's not cherry, blech). DH is the same way with pudding, a texture thing. And corn. He's weird.

Gimme scrambled and hard boiled eggs all day. Noms!

My shower is co-ed, which is weird in my family but normal for DH's family. I had to convince my mom the shower was not just for me but him too, and since he's a guy he'll want guys there. She agreed and now we're fighting about allowing kids. DH says yes because they're family and it's a culture thing for him. I'm winning so far.

My U/O - since we've discussed Facebook I will say I can't stand Twitter. I will never have a Twitter. I dunno, maybe it's the idea of tweeting that just sounds ridiculous but I can't stand Twitter. Facebook, I'm addicted. 

@sourlemon you said you had one last week and I've been patiently waiting all week for it, so SPILL!!!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @dmontgo I questioned using the BP analogy because I know you're has been giving you trouble.  :p I was thinking like full on monk meditating skills. Pretty sure none of us are that talented.  :(
  • Options
    sheshaesheshae member
    edited September 2016

@brittnic86
    Same thing is happening to me! Not that I want to throw my own shower fully but I wish I was able to help some. My mother won't tell me anything at all. Which is sweet and it'll be a nice surprise but I wish I could do something.

Edited because words are hard
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    @linziloo09 I agree with you and am also probably ungrateful. People keep buying us clothes and we've been handed down more than he'll ever be able to wear, so I'm crossing my fingers that we at least get gift receipts from those people. The awkward part about buying so many clothes for other people's kids is that you don't even know what style they want to dress them in. GIMME MORE DIAPERS
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 our shower is co-ed too. I think it's more common now.
    Pregnancy Ticker