Health & Exercise

Losing that baby weight

Hi ladies, It has been a long time since I participated in any discussions, but I do not know where else to turn. I am having issues with my appearance and weight loss. I gave birth in Nov 2015. After 55 hours of labor, I was forced to have a c section. I lost most of my baby weight in the first month, but still had a ways to go. I began working out after I was cleared by the doctor but after 2 weeks I had a strange pain in my stomach. Long story short, I had a hernia from the labor and needed to have it surgically repaired. Three months later my surgeon cleared me to work out. I noticed that my core was completely depleted and I was unable to work out without experiencing pain. My surgeon said “There is nothing I can do for that.” Now I am stuck with a hidous belly flap and cannot find anyway to lose it. Does anybody have any advice from your own personal experiences or a friends? I am eating healthier but I am not seeing any change in my belly area. I appreciate any help!

Re: Losing that baby weight

• I know this struggle all too well. It really all comes down to diet and exercise. You say you're eating healthier so that's a good start! Are you counting calories?

Is it all exercise that gives you pain? I know high impact exercise like weight lifting or running was hard on my post pregnancy body for a while. Have you tried something less intensive like Yoga? I know for me Autumn Calabrese's Pregnancy workout from Beachbody was really what did it for me: https://www.beachbody.com/product/bod/exclusive/pregnancy-workouts-exercises.do 

It helped me ease back into my formerly active lifestyle and strengthen my core again. 
  • I suggest seeing a women's health physio. They will help you assess and improve your core strength
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, I will have to research for one in my area. I appreciate the feedback!