September 2016 Moms

September Randoms

Re: September Randoms

• @AnnaS930 I've been doing freezer meals too (and moving furniture). I've got a couple trays of mac n cheese, a few dinners of chicken enchiladas, and a few dinners of honey mustard chicken. I need to get going on the lasagnes, and then I think I'll be done. It's a lot of work!

@ansley0319 You can get a new swing for around $50 that would totally do the job. I got ours on Amazon this time. There are some great baby sleep solutions that involve the swing, so I think it's worth getting. I got some great naps out of my LO using it last time. The blog Precious Little Sleep has a whole "sleep training using the swing" plan that has been a lifesaver to a lot of people. 
  • @AnnaS930 seriously imoressed and exhausted just reading what all you did today. I think it must be the pre-labor nesting and you're going to go into labor reallllly soon!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @marikkita12 - Congratulations on little Elliot!! You can tell how happy you are in that picture....beautiful!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Ahhhhh all the babies are so beautiful <3<3 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am such a grumpalumps today. I also have a random that's more of a MBF but I'm putting it here because we're nowhere near Monday. 

My boss (who is a woman, with kids, by the way), keeps making gestures and rude comments to me EVERY single time she sees me about how big I am. Whether it's hand gestures, or a comment on whatever I'm doing at the moment, it never fails. I swear one of these days I'm going to snap and it's not going to be pretty -- thank goodness I only have a few weeks left. And on top of that, last night I got reprimanded for not disclosing private medical information about one of my patients to her, in a very public place. Listen, I get it, she feels like she "needs to know" these things (she doesn't) as the big boss, but please be professional about it and ask me about these things in private, not in front of a whole group of people who have no right to hear this information. Never mind the fact that it's actually illegal for me to do so. So I got my ass chewed out by my immediate boss, and told that I should apologize to the big boss. I'm sorry, there is no way I'm apologizing about that. I'll speak to her and clarify about the public vs. private setting for that conversation, but I am  NOT apologizing. I'm too pregnant and grumpy for this. 
  • @SLou24 that sounds enraging!
    I'm with you on being grumpy. I don't want to see people today and hear the comments! It's actually raining here in the desert today, my fav midwife is on call tomorrow, let's hope the rain spurs on my labor!
  • abbersonabberson member
    edited September 2016
    @Steephers123 I am cracking up (and loving!) the idea of texting hubs to change the thermostat so I don't have to move from the couch! Or soon to be the glider I'm sure. @RG1 I only get up from the couch for bathroom emergencies at this point! An app that could make my environment more pleasant sounds pretty amazing.

In related news, new furnace and a/c installed on Friday! Will talk to H tonight about picking up a Nest from Best Buy. :) Our programmable one paid for itself within months, it would be great to have even more control than just relying on the schedule.

@jhems776 Have been wondering how you were doing! Did the meds make the itchies or the rash or both go away? So glad you're feeling better!

edited because words and spelling
  • @LakeR2014 I love tit'd to show support. I can only imagine how this news would make me feel if I had the same response. Yikes. I can understand feeling a little stressed and anxious now. Hope the NPT helps calm those nerves in the meantime and that they speed up the induction if necessary. Im sure everything will be fine, but I can understand the apprehension. Good luck! Keep us posted!
  • @abberson  Thank you! The meds made both go away mostly thankfully!  The meds did try my skin out and I'm still a bit itchy from that but it is a different and much easy to deal with sensation.  I'm so happy, I really thought they were going to be here till after birth.

@LakeR2014 I'm sorry, that sounds scary and very anxiety filled.  Good luck! 
  • @LakeR2014 my last pregnancy I also had excess fluid. I wouldn't worry too much as they need to say the worst outcome to cover their butts. Continue with the stress tests and keep that baby cookin!! 
  • @LakeR2014 Good news is that if it was a huge concern they would have induced already. Hopefully the tests will give you some peace of mind :)

Keeping you and LO in my thoughts though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • frogdog06frogdog06 member
    edited September 2016
    Speaking of huge unintended purchases, my DH rear ended someone (minor fender bender, probably due to lack of sleep and inattention) on the way to pick up FIL. Thankfully the other driver was super chill and had minimal damage to his truck, but DH's old car which was supposed to last another two years may be considered a loss. So much like @KimmySchmidt , we may be in the market for a new car. UGH. 

So many babies!! Keep them coming!!!
  • frogdog06 said:
    Speaking of huge unintended purchases, my DH rear ended someone (minor fender bender, probably due to lack of sleep and inattention) on the way to pick up FIL. Thankfully the other driver was super chill and had minimal damage to his truck, but DH's old car which was supposed to last another two years may be considered a loss. So much like @KimmySchmidt , we may be in the market for a new car. UGH. 

So many babies!! Keep them coming!!!
    Much like your husband, I idiotically hit a car. I'm embarrassed to admit that I backed into a parked car. I left a note because I'm not a monster. Thank god the guy was chill and let me pay the estimate with a personal check. Unfortunately it was for $700 because, again, I'm a huge idiot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @KimmySchmidt crap happens, but at least you did the right thing. My car has dents and dings all over it. You think anyone left a note for any of them? Nope. So kudos to you! Sucks yours was so much, but I think most people would be happy that you left the note. 

Sorry @frogdog06 sounds like a bad one if it could be considered a loss. Hope he's ok - that's what matters most!
  • @mom2adoodle No kidding! Today was DH's first day back at work. I really want to nap, but instead I washed the dishes and am taking the opportunity to pump while LO is fast asleep. It was quite an ordeal to prepare her earlier in the stroller just to take the dog out for a walk and hop down three short steps by our front door - thankfully he (the dog) took his dump right away.

@rock1cherry No airbags deployed but the radiator may have a dent in it (hence loss). Sigh.

@KimmySchmidt Gah! Glad you're okay though. Was this in the VW or have you already purchased a new vehicle?
  • I know I don't sit at the Random table, but I need to let you all know that I'M ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE! 

I'm at that stage where I cannot get comfortable to save my life. 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• @KimmySchmidt and @frogdog06, I'm sorry to hear about your car woes :( It is not fun to deal with on top of pregnancy/newborns. Ours ended up being totalled after all, so we are buying a new (used) one in November. I'll be following what you end up with.

@SuperFudge00 sorry you are uncomfortable!! The end is in sight, I know the last few weeks are hard!
  • Congrats @mamadomino glad to hear everything went quickly! Sad for no pics, but I understand! Enjoy your girls!! :)

@SuperFudge00 sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable! We are almost there!

@KimmySchmidt @frogdog06 @Shiva14 sorry you've all experienced vehicle issues and accidents. Happy no one was seriously hurt. Still a bummer and it's never good timing. :(
  • @AnnaS930 sign me up with your club. I usually do a Friday ticker change (the latest date I was given was the 9th) but since Tuesday was my EDD from my doc and my maternity leave, I can't help but wonder when baby will come. Hang in there momma!  They are relaxing their butts off in there!!
  • Driving DH's truck today. There is no side step. Getting in and out could be comical!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• seitzy3 said:
    Why is it that babies sleep so soundly during the day with all the loud noises but have trouble during the night? Perhaps if I make a sound machine of her sisters' screaming it will help her sleep at night? 
    I'm wondering this with our dogs barking and how LO will adjust.   Our dog must know something's up has he's been barking more lately, that being said, we're trying to curtail it as best we can.   Seriously hoping our LO is a very heavy sleeper and is used to the barking from the womb :-(
  • @LakeR2014 my cat definitely knows something is up! He is my husband's little buddy, usually stuck to him like glue or off exploring our property, but for the last 3 weeks he has been my shadow. It's pretty cute, except when I trip over him! He does this thing where he walks up right in front of me, his side touching my ankle, an stares off into the distance, like he is standing guard. And anytime I am on the couch, he is asleep on the back right behind me. 
  • @seitzy3 That made me giggle...let me know if it works! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• @LakeR2014 My dogs still drive me crazy with the barking on a daily basis - my son is 22 months, and I still want to kill the dogs when they bark during naptime. It really depends where he is in the sleep cycle whether or not he wakes up. 

@skirtandsandals That's so cute. I'm dying for a kitten, but my H wants to wait until on of the other creatures moves out (we have two teenagers, two dogs, and a toddler). I had a cat when my last LO was born, and I miss it so much. Enjoy your furball.  :)

My random for today: pregnancy constipation is no joke. I haven't had much trouble until now, but I guess the baby is out of room and squishing my digestive tract at this point. Ugh.
  • My random:  I'm convinced that I won't go into labor naturally.   Instead it'll be from having to deal with my co-workers still.   8 more days, only 8 more days!!!
  • @pizzaandwine yup put me on the constipation train. Have had so much fruit today and still nothing :(