January 2016 Moms

Leap 6

according to my wonder weeks app, leap 6 starts between 33 and 36 weeks. My LO just turned 33 weeks yesterday. Maybe it's a coincidence, but as of yesterday and today, her naps are horrendous and she's definitely more fussier then usual. It Could be her teeth as well. Anyone else? 

Re: Leap 6

• Much more fussing during the day here, naps are non-existent (seriously 10 or 15 minutes is her thing), but at least night sleep hasn't taken any turns for the worse. LO is 34 weeks tomorrow and no teeth yet here. Starting about 2 weeks ago, she would get certain moments where I'd set her down on the playmat or pack and play and she would cry and get the pouty lip. It has ramped up and I can see distinctive moods. She will cry if I try to take a spoon or sippy cup at the end of mealtime, putting her in the car seat, and continuing during play time if I move her or set her down when she doesn't want. She is super on the move crawling so I'm thinking this new independence is stressful.
  • @jodiedrich18 a 10-15 minute nap for the whole day? Oh my god. My LO took one 30 minute nap today and yesterday she took 2 naps, one 30 minute and one 40 minutes. My LO also does the same when taking things away from her! Ugh so many different stages. 
  • Loading the player...
  • cali1710cali1710 member
    edited September 2016
    I wonder if thats what mine is going through. Usually her first nap is normal but for the past few weeks she's been fighting her second to the point where she sometimes doesnt have one! And shes way too young to be dropping a nap to just having one a day. 
  • This happened to us for sure! It literally was the second my app said the 6th leap hit he refused all naps and would just scream hysterically whenever I tried to get him to take a nap! All I can say is we only have 14 days left in this leap and it's improved a lot but still not great 
  • I'm kind of scared because the app says I have 3 days til it starts, and that's exactly when we are traveling to Spain for 2 weeks. Shes sooo good right now, and I want to enjoy Spain with her! 19 hours of travel time to kick it all off too! Ugh I'm nervous. 
  • @JanuarysBaby1 yes! She has never been really much of a napper these past months. Before this fussy point hit, she would usually do like 2 or 3 20-40 minute naps for the whole day. She does this at home and daycare. She was totally happy all day long before this phase so I guess she operates fine on short cat naps. The word nap is a joke to her.
  • Oh wow! I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this phase. 
  • LO has been extra fussy yesterday and today and doesn't want to be put down. Naps are always horrendous so nothing new there haha
  • WHY IS IT 5 WEEKS?!
  • Oh my god. LO slept a total of 2 hours (30 minute spurts) in 24 hours, then finally slept for a solid 3 hours in a row, and then woke up and can't go back to sleep. She is a wreck and so am I. So in total, she has slept 5 hours in 34 hours.  :'(:'(:'(
  • Omg @fishee333 that's terrible! LO has been up since 5am and woke several times in the MOTN. She only had 2 half hour naps since. I don't even remember the last time she woke at that time! I'm exhausted and at my wits end as I'm sure you are. I wish I had some advice. Just know you're not alone and this will pass!  
  • I take back my "it's improved" comment... That is all. Why is this happening  :s
  • I never been so excited to go to work.. 
  • How is everyone's LO doing? My girl seems to be slightly better. Not as fussy, naps are a little better but still waking frequently in the middle of the night. 
  • Freya is a lot better, but still struggling. She's finally sleeping and napping again, but she's been wide awake in the middle of the night for a couple hours at a time. I'll take it though, it's better than what it was! And she's happy too!
  • failuretoflyfailuretofly member
    edited September 2016
    Ugh you guys... How long before this gets better? I'm about a week in and I'm really over it. LO is so whiney and moody all day, still napping fine but woke up every 45-90 minutes last night! Please tell me I'm almost there!
    ETA did/is anyone's LO also fighting BFing during the day with this too? I feel like it's a wrestling match to get him to the boob all day, sometimes we end up skipping a feed because he's so miserable, then we are ending up making it up at night which is awful!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak is he teething too by any chance? My LO was majorly fighting the boob a few times when he was getting his bottom two teeth. It was miserable for all involved. We got some teething tablets to numb his gums up a bit before feeding and it made a world of difference. We also give Children's Motrin before bed on days when he's been particularly fussy (today for example, we have the two top teeth coming in, ugh). It seems to help with the not waking up constantly. Good luck. I hope this passes soon for you!
  • @kvacmak I read that's totally normal and common with this leap! Doesn't really help solve the problem but it's normal 
  • @kvacmak I agree with @kaym6.. All normal with the 6th leap. It seems to get a little better after the first week but I still have 18 days left so I wont keep my hopes up lol hang in there! 
  • As annoying as it is that LO is wide awake at 3 hours at a time in the middle of the night, it's when shes in the mood to practice all her new skills. Its so exciting to see. Last night she figured out how to go from laying down to sitting up on her own, and she is ALMOST crawling. So close. 
  • @fishee333 I'm in the same exact boat! LO is also up 3 hours at a time in the MOTN. Although last night she was up every hour from 1030-330 and woke for the day at 7. Very exhausting but I agree it's so awesome to see them reach these new milestones. 
  • @fishee333 @JanuarysBaby1 man I wish that was what my LO was doing. Instead he is screaming bloody murder because he wants to nurse, then screaming a few sucks in because the milk isn't coming fast enough. Then screaming because I try and put him back on the boob.... so much screaming and fighting nursing get currently
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The last 4 nights, my LO has gotten up 2-3 times as opposed to his usual 1 time. He's also been getting up 30 minutes - 1 hour earlier in the morning. Annnnnnnd he's working on his 8th tooth. I think today is going to be a doozy :neutral:
  • LO was up from 10-2 last night. She kept falling back to sleep but woke up crying within 10 minutes. I even gave her a bottle because I was desperate for sleep. She hasn't had a bottle in the MOTN since she's 6 months old. I'm exhausted and just can't wait for this to pass! 
  • We don't nap anymore. Each nap is 20 minutes and I'm not convinced she's even sleeping during that time (we don't nend a monitor). I'm going bonkers. I wouldn't mind if she was happy, but she also acts like an exhausted baby.
  • @l4rk how's her nighttime sleep? 
  • @l4rk how's her nighttime sleep? 
    So far so good still, knock wood...
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    edited September 2016
    He seriously won't take a nap I'm so over it there's nothing left for me to try, going crazy over here lol 
  • Ugh on night 3 of lo waking up constantly. Friday night he just wanted me to hold him all night long. Saturday night he was up every hour, but went back to sleep after I rocked him for a few minutes. Last night he was up from 10 until almost 12 fighting sleep. I'm so tired lol
  • Last night we were up and screaming from 1-3.  Ugh
  • nackie said:
    Last night we were up and screaming from 1-3.  Ugh
    We had that the other night. 10-12 inconsolable crying. I think it had more to do with her being overtired though but my poor girl, couldnt calm her down
  • LO has been waking up 2-3 times a night and wanting to nurse for 45 minutes ugh.... my nipples hurt and I'm tired. This cannot pass soon enough.
  • Is this leap over for anyone yet? I still have 12 days left. Just curious how things are. 
  • Is this leap over for anyone yet? I still have 12 days left. Just curious how things are. 
    Not for me.  Blegh.

Fighting sleep when I initially put him down, then he'll wake up an hour after he finally falls asleep.  Once he's finally REALLY down, he'll still wake up at least twice during the night.

Halp.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• It's ended for me two days ago and he whines more, sleeps less, and is waking up earlier and earlier so idk what's going on over here
  • @nlwz123 mine is doing the same thing with waking up an hour after he goes to sleep. It's frustrating for sure.
  • Cricket99 said:
    @nlwz123 mine is doing the same thing with waking up an hour after he goes to sleep. It's frustrating for sure.
    I don't know how to fix it--I'm hoping it'll just be fixed with time.  He will just sit up (with his eyes closed), scream, and not lay back down.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• nlwz123 said:
    Cricket99 said:
    @nlwz123 mine is doing the same thing with waking up an hour after he goes to sleep. It's frustrating for sure.
    I don't know how to fix it--I'm hoping it'll just be fixed with time.  He will just sit up (with his eyes closed), scream, and not lay back down.
    Same here! I just did this routine. He woke up and was screaming bloody murder with his eyes closed, I went in and picked him up and rocked him for less than 5 minutes. Basically as soon as I picked him up he calmed right down and was asleep within 2 minutes (the extra 3 was just to be sure). I re read the chapter of Wonder Weeks and it mentioned them having nightmares with the overload on their brains. I'm hoping it passes quickly because it was no fun on either of our parts... on the plus side it's been an hour since that and he's still asleep. I probably just jinxed it.
  • Cricket99 said:
    nlwz123 said:
    Cricket99 said:
    Same here! I just did this routine. He woke up and was screaming bloody murder with his eyes closed, I went in and picked him up and rocked him for less than 5 minutes. Basically as soon as I picked him up he calmed right down and was asleep within 2 minutes (the extra 3 was just to be sure). I re read the chapter of Wonder Weeks and it mentioned them having nightmares with the overload on their brains. I'm hoping it passes quickly because it was no fun on either of our parts... on the plus side it's been an hour since that and he's still asleep. I probably just jinxed it.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or if it would be what your LOs are going through but I read somewhere that around 7/8 months they can go through a nightmare phase. I think mine had one the other night because she did the same thing. 
  • My LO is also experiencing what I believe is night terrors. She's asleep but yet she's whining and crying. This happens frequently throughout the night. Last night she was "up" every hour from 9-12 (went to bed at 8) crying then she finally stopped and woke at 530am. How is everyone dealing with this? Are you rocking back to sleep?