December 2016 Moms

MOTN THREAD- August

2»

Re: MOTN THREAD- August

• Benadryl, benadryl, benadryl!

I was scared to take it until my sister (mom of two  and MD) told me she takes it all the time. Sometimes she takes 2! Her 6 yo son of has taken it!

I could not sleep because of mommy related worries and have taken it 3 nights in a row. It will make you sleep deeper and wake up feeling much better rested.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @MBS2016 It's also safe to give to your dog, which there aren't a lot of people meds you can give to a dog. But I've given it to my pups for one reason or another many a time to help them calm down or take a nap (one of my dogs gets quite carsick, but does better if he's sleeping most of the ride). Seems relevant to this conversation to me because my dogs are small (two are 15 lbs, one is 7lbs). Due to their size I typically give them half, but I have given them the whole tablet before too, which is also fine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I love it. What a life saver it has been to me!
    <3         <3 
  • Been up since before 4:30. I don't know why I'm so wide awake. Have to take DH to work then pick up breakfast for us. I was wide awake before he was. Squish was kicking up a storm, so I helped DH wake up by putting his hand on my belly where Squish was kicking. He was able to feel several good kicks so he's starting his morning in a good mood. Me, I'll get to go back to sleep in about 45 minutes. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• WAAAAH!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast I hear you. I wish I was asleep too!

DH hasn't slept well for two days and is currently snoring up a storm. I waited to tell him to roll over bc that usually stops it but wakes him up. I just asked him to roll over...STILL SNORING. And LO is not liking either side I lay on.
  • Count me in. I've been half asleep at best for a couple of hours, now I'm full awake and not super happy about it. Sigh. So much for any sleeping in this weekend, would have been enough to sleep the usual amount though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh ladies I hear ya!! The last few days I've been waking up at 4 am wide awake. That's when my
    little dancing queen is practicing for her new routine. Don't know if she wakes me up or I wake her up. I've been trying to avoid naps but yesterday I napped for 2 hours during the day and then made it through the night till 6am which I consider a success. Don't know why the nap helped but maybe napping will work for some? 
  • Guys, I've had the worse struggles with sleep. My body does not want to relax at night. I think having to pee wakes me up and then I feel unsettled because we are in the process of moving and my final papers/tests are all happening in the same week. 

I've been getting out of bed and taking walks outside at 2 or 3 am, which helps settle my mind. Buying/inheriting things the newborn will need is also giving me unexpected peace and happiness. I would love to know what others are doing to soothe themselves to sleep.
    <3         <3 
  • .........woke up at 4 wide awake and have been up tossing and turning ever since. Decided to research convertible car seats. Ya know because it's totally an appropriate time. Also to read reviews about the vmas. They were sooooo terrible. I can't believe I wasted 2 hours watching them.  :(
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• I had been good about going back to sleep after my bathroom trip. Of course not today, when I have a busy Monday at work. 

I'm online browsing, but also feel hungry so will probably get a snack in a minute.
  • Just checking in. Wish I wasn't, but here I am, not awake enough to add anything to the convo, just awake enough to be annoyed    :|
  • KattyC said:
    Just checking in. Wish I wasn't, but here I am, not awake enough to add anything to the convo, just awake enough to be annoyed    :|
    I'm up as well. L has been needing a bottle in the MOTN, and tonight was my night to get it. It's 2:40 and I've been up for about an hour. I also just put an old petty grievance on the BF thread.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Awake too. Same story different day - up for the bathroom can't turn my thinker back off. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista Any interesting Thoughts?

• @Kate08Young if only my thoughts were productive it might be slightly less annoying to be awake for no reason. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No productive thoughts for me either, but I did think of a few questions for my OB at the next appointment.
    I finally fell back asleep around 5. When our alarm went off I told DH that I reset my alarm and was going to sleep a little bit more. He then got out of bed, stepped on the dog, and fell on the dog crate. Pretty sure the whole neighborhood was awake after that  :D
  • @KattyC ah man. I wonder how many people have actually died or injured themselves trying not to smoosh their pets? I've had quite a few close calls myself. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Checking in...on a trip visiting family across the country so left my beautiful snoggle behind. Had a long travel delay and even though I am super tired, I can't go back to sleep. It's past 3am. Anyone there? 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• It's not really the MOTN here anymore since its 7am but I've been up for a while.  Hoping maybe I can eat something and then go back to sleep....
  • Up north, DH woke me 2 hours ago coming to bed and since DD has woken up or been awake calling/crying for the past hour and a half...I'm waiting for her to go back to sleep so I can go back to sleep  (we are in the same room). DH fled to the couch. Wasn't sure if we'd stay one or two nights but now we are DEFINITELY going home tomorrow!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • L woke me up with a night terror, and now I'm having BHs bad enough I can't get back to sleep. At least I don't have to do anything besides take care of L, because it's 3:30 and I'm going to be up for awhile.