December 2016 Moms

MOTN THREAD- August

Thought I'd start this bad boy for all the late night sufferers. 

Me: 29
DH: 30
Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
TTC since June 2015 
BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
September Football Siggy

Re: MOTN THREAD- August

• ajstevensonajstevenson member
    edited July 2016
    No one has posted? I'll start, it's 230 and I've been up for an hour. IF I go back to sleep that 6 AM alarm is going to come fast. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Girllllll I feel ya. I've been tossing and turning since 2am. Now the LO is swimming and all I feel are her bumps- which also keeps me up. I kee saying the same thing. If I sleep now I can get 3 more hours of sleep! But I know that's not going to happen. 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to start a game. You're on a deserted island and you have one unlimited source of food. It can be anything. What would it be? 

Im going with pizza. I  get my carbs and my cheese fixing right there. 

TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• ajstevensonajstevenson member
    edited July 2016
    I slept for 30 minutes and am now hungry again.

Eta to say my food would probably be spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Got up to go to the bathroom and now guess who can't go back to sleep?  :/

Desert island unlimited one item...I'm drawing a blank so this may not be my best answer. I'm gonna say chicken Alfredo because I think I could eat copious amounts of that. And with garlic bread too, please. 

Now I want garlic bread. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello, 3:30 am. We have to stop meeting like this. Seriously  :|
    Spinach alfredo sounds amazing right now, so I'm stealing your answer! 
  • Bleh... I'd been doing so well...
    My stomach is in the wrong place so I'm just going to say cereal...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Was really hoping not to join this thread tonight...it's so hot in our house, no one can sleep.

Rice and beans, I think. Sounds boring but I could definitely eat it every day.
  • I slept until 4 a.m. which in my book was a lot better than the night before. And I actually fell back to sleep until 5:30. I'll take it!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• CRAP. I'm all spun up from a frantic day of DH peeing out his butt because he can't seem to kick the stomach bug, lining up childcare (stress!), my anatomy scan (excitement!), a ball of toddler energy, friends in town, and accidentally drinking caffeinated coffee that I thought was decaf.
    I woke up at 1:30a last night and have been up since... Now it's almost 11p! DOODY DOODY DOODY!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • OHHH hello 3am wake up. We meet again. 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• beff12beff12 member
    Uggggh DH got up to go to the bathroom around 3:45 and it woke me up, but I was having a weird dream that was about to turn scary so it's probably for the best that I woke up. An hour later, he's been snoring away and I'm still awake. DD's second birthday party is today and that's all I can think about! 

Well if I'm being honest...I'm also thinking about my leftover steak from dinner that's in the refrigerator right now. Yum. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• .... annnd now it's 345. I was having a dream where we were hanging out with our friends who also have a toddler and the toddlers were doing a toddler dance while we chanted "It's time to play with all our friends. We're fun friends. We're happy friends"

Now I can't get it out of my head. What has life become?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • I don't know if it counts as MOTN anymore since its 7 here but I've been up since 6 and we went to bed pretty late last night (and I slept poorly).  I feel bad for DH bc all he wants to do is see Star Wars and/ or go to the gym but I'm so tired everyday from not sleeping well that I'm never up for it.  
  • @penelope4612 I hear ya. It is a vicious cycle. I woke up at 7 am wide awake and I went back to bed at 5. But you can def watch Star Wars- it's long you can take a little nap if you need to
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Not really MOTN but DH and I were wide awake before 730. And it's Sunday. WTH? I did get up at 3 to pee, but I fell right back asleep, despite the fact the dog was fighting me for space. Little jerk is still sleeping. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've been up at 7am every morning of this vacation. Last night I woke up every hour due to FI's snoring, heartburn, and baby moving. I'll be sleeping on the car ride home today, I think.
  • I woke up at 5am and took a little siesta at 11am. I couldn't fall back asleep and since I didn't wake up any other times during the night I counted it as a win.
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• I was so exhausted today - seems like every day around 6 I'm at once tired, starving, but also want exercise. As soon as I ate tonight though, I was out and fell into a deep sleep at 8pm. Woke up to pee twice and now it's 11pm and hotter than it was at 8pm I swear and I'm laying with 2 fans on me and two ice packs on my face and i cannot get cool. My stomach is radiating heat. And now I keep sneezing!  I was doing so well for 2 weeks and now I'm in hot, hot hell! And my preggo pillow is actually hurting my neck, I think. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS woke at 3:30 because his blanket was 'the wrong way'.  Well, okay then.  Now I'm up and HUNGRY!  I won't do anything though - lay here annoyed and hungry because the thought of going up and down the stairs and turning on bright lights feels like an insurmountable task.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• sammyl1221sammyl1221 member
    edited August 2016
    @DiFazette for the past few nights I've been waking up STARVING. Last night I ventured downstairs to eat and lo and behold my dog is waiting to eat with me and play. Of course I'm wide awake and can't sleep after so For two hours straight I watched family guy with my dog. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep.
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Woke up at 4:30 and tossed and turned the rest of the night. Just couldn't get comfy. Then Squish got the hiccups around 6ish, so my belly is jumping as I'm trying to get comfy. Then the stupid fan was making noises so off it went. Hate that stupid fan. And DH. I could have lived with it if he didn't make such a big deal out of it. Now he's used to it but I hear it and it annoys me! Ugh.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh yeah, guess whose tossing and turning and restless? My brain decided I needed to wake up and concentrate on making sure bean was wiggling an adequate amount for nighttime? I bet I never sleep ever again once this baby's born. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bleh. a dream that started with DH and I visiting the school to talk to a retirement planning professional and ended up with us being chased though a hotel-like thing by industry people that DH had made mad somehow to being chased by Voldemort... escaping just to have to deal with annoying traffic and a car we'd borrowed that didn't shift smoothly. So... looks like there's lots on my mind...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Woke up with heartburn and having to pee at 1:30. It's now 2:15. I crashed out when I came to bed at 9. If BFF wasn't here I'd just go empty the dishwasher and maybe do a load of laundry since DH is out of town but I don't want to wake her up since she is sleeping in the room above the kitchen. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still awake. Pretty sure I'm not going back to sleep anytime soon. DH's alarm will probably go off in the next 5mins. Fretting about my mom calling and texting me again all day. Dogs are fussing at the cats from their crates. I'm fantasizing about this hot potato salad with bacon that a restaurant near me serves as a side. Wondering where I might find a copycat recipe. Neck hurts, threw body pillow to the floor in frustration. Probably have blown my nose 20 times. Doing everything but sleeping right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bad dream + headache + have to pee = wide @$$ awake 2 hours before I need to be. FML.

Guess I'll watch some infomercials... 

• Was so exhausted yesterday and told DH I was so sure I would sleep well tonight. But, here I am with an equally busy day today. Wahhh.
  • I should have posted this earlier (like when I was up ALL DARN NIGHT). @DiFazette my DS also decided that his blanket wasn't "on right" and so yelled for me. He was wide awake, sitting waiting for me to come in just so he could lay right back down and say "Blanket, Mama." I reached for a blanket and he said "No Mama. THIS blanket." and handed me the one he wanted. I put it on him and he went right back to sleep. Not so for me. I've been up since 2:23. Ugh.

• My shoulder just keeps waking me up seized and unhappy from the side sleeping. When I get up I feel like a turtle poking its head out of its shell after a long sleep.

Now it's 5:30am and Ive been awake the better part of an hour for no good reason. My right thigh has wanted to start cramping up at night too. I've begun to call the bed my torture chamber because it's nearly every night that I'm struggling to rest through the discomfort. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 3 nights in a row, awake at 2 am just ready to go. I just want to sleep on my back... But even after a few minutes my legs start tingling. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• jazzminleejazzminlee member
    edited August 2016
    3am on the dot for the last week. I kinda wanna punch my sleeping husband LOL
  • I could have been joining you ladies all week, but wishful thinking keeps me trying to fall back asleep instead!  

Last night I was having a very vivid dream where I was having a crazy amount of pain in my left hip and my whole left leg was numb. Finally I woke up to realize it was real...assuming baby girl was nuzzled in to some nerves kn my left side. Going to be a long day at work. 
  •  :/ I don't know what it is about Saturday and being allowed to sleep in but I always wake up at 4:30am lately. We don't even have to get up this early during the week. I've probably been tossing and turning for an hour. I've finally accepted I'm awake though, annoying as it is. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  •  :/ I don't know what it is about Saturday and being allowed to sleep in but I always wake up at 4:30am lately. We don't even have to get up this early during the week. I've probably been tossing and turning for an hour. I've finally accepted I'm awake though, annoying as it is. 
    I've been awake since 4:30 as well.  I seem to sleep better during the week than on the weekend.  So frustrating :(
  • @penelope4612 yep, same. Ridiculous 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woke up at 2:30 for the bathroom. My husband's alarm just went off.  :/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I count 4:30a as a job well done! WHYYYY body?! Just sleep!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Hey ladies, I'm back! Went to bed at 10:30, and now I'm wide awake at 1:15 am. Why??? Hm. Me not sleeping tends to coincide with nothing in particular. But I can hear DH playing video games downstairs after he swore he was going to bed early, maybe he meant early in the morning? Lol.
    I am co-throwing a baby shower for a friend this Sunday and I'm responsible for pretty much all the food. My brain keeps thinking about what I can make ahead of time without it tasting yucky. 
    And for some reason I am thinking about giving a google review to a restaurant that I went to like 4 months ago. Maybe I should just start doing Google reviews in the MOTN! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I haven't been having issues sleeping, at least not too badly. I had a very busy weekend and was so tired when I got home it took everything I had to stay up to eat dinner. Went to bed at 10:00, had to use the bathroom at 4:00, and now I'm up. It's work stress for me, we got a big project yesterday and half my division is out. It's my team's responsibility to get it done with a short turn around time so everything I already had on my plate got pushed to the side. Now I'm sitting here thinking about all those other things I need to get done! I had planned to go to
    yoga after work today...don't think I'll have it in me if I don't get back to sleep.