May 2017 Moms

Sex guesses? Just for fun

edited September 2016 in May 2017 Moms
I know it's way to super early but thought would be fun to guess then we could always look back at our guesses and see if we were right.

I have a really strong feeling this one will be a boy.

With my dd I had a strong feeling from the start it was a girl but with my husbands family there was no girls born into the family in over 5 generations so everyone kept saying no way it's a boy but my gut and feeling kept pushing girl. 
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sex guesses? Just for fun

• I am hoping for a girl my dd hasn't had a girl in his family for almost 45 years especially since I have a boy who just turned one but i have a gut feeling it is a girl
  • I have a feeling this LO is a boy! Because I feel so different then I did with my last pregnancy with DD! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like girl for me! 
  • @mchildress1126 that was like us when we told everyone it was a girl they didn't believe us, my father in law was like I'll believe it when I see it lol. She is still the only granddaughter on either side of the families. And my father in law is convinced we can only have girls lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am feeling boy again on this one. If I'm right we'll have 3/3 boys 
  • I go back and forth! With our first, we both felt so strongly it was a boy, there was literally zero surprise at the ultrasound...we were like "ah, of course!". With this one, I keep thinking it's a girl but I think that's because I'm terrified at the idea of having a girl (specifically, due to the societal pressures of growing up as a girl in today's world) and have no idea what we would name it. :-) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Chinese calendar says girl and Dh thinks it's a girl too. I really hopes so because I would love one of each and already have boy. 
  • I'm going to guess girl. My angel was a girl. I've been right 2 out of 3 kids so far.
  • I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other yet. With my first pregnancy, MH and I were both convinced it was a boy but then we both had dreams we had a girl. Maternit21 confirmed our dreams were correct. I love the idea of both so I'll be happy either way.
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • I'm guessing girl! Not sure why but I have a strong feeling for it. I was right with my son!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh I have no idea! I have 2 boys and so I think I just assume this one will be a boy because I honestly cannot picture anything different! DH is DYING for a little girl, so we may find out so that he can make his peace with it by the time LO arrives. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I REALLY wanted a girl last time and pouted in the office when they told me BOY. Now, I'm hoping this one is a boy too! 
  • We tried the Shettles method for a boy. Chinese calendar says it's a girl. We have two girls and already decided on a girls name. Sooo I bet it's another girl!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited September 2016
     @Kipperoo While we do have a girl name ready to go, I share some of your concern. Mine are more personal than societal though... Like... How will I raise a girl to feel comfortable with her body when I describe myself as a manatee and am NEVER happy with how I look???
  • I was certain we were having a girl up until I had a dream it was a boy the night before our 20 week ultrasound and the flip flopped the whole time.  We had a boy. 
    So far I don't have a gut feeling yet.  A little brother for my boy would be awesome and so would having one of each! 
    I have talked hubby into staying on team green again this time so 35 weeks (ish) until we know for sure.  Chinese gender chart says boy... it was right last time but I don't put much trust in it!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Chinese gender chart says a boy - I'm probably going with that too. There aren't many girls on DH's side of the family. 

We're going team green (for as long as we can, anyways!) so I'm going to be happy either way :)
  • As of now, we're guessing it's a boy. Either would be perfect for us as my hubby had one of each previously. So the tiebreaker is on the way regardless! :)
  • We lost a boy
    Had a girl (but I thought she would be a boy)
    Chinese calender says girl

I think this one will be a girl...
  • I think it's a boy and I read an article that indicates low hcg levels in early pregnancy usually mean boy which is the case with me. That is why women carrying girls have more MS. There was some scientific research in the article too. Interesting... 
  • So far I'm thinking girl, but I'll have a better guess once this trimester plays out symptoms-wise. My two pregnancies (one boy and one girl) were different enough that I think I might be able to guess this one right. I also happened to guess the other two right, but who knows how much that was luck vs. sensing something in particular.
  • At first I thought it was a  boy, but for the last few days I've been having a fleeting thought that it might be twins.... my home pregnancy test picked it up super early (3w4d) and I had extreme fatigue in my first few weeks, so it just might be...although I have no family history of twins.

Anyone else wondering if you might have multiples?
  • At first I thought it was a  boy, but for the last few days I've been having a fleeting thought that it might be twins.... my home pregnancy test picked it up super early (3w4d) and I had extreme fatigue in my first few weeks, so it just might be...although I have no family history of twins.

Yes!!! I got a pretty clear positive at 3w and some change. And my exhaustion is so much worse this time than with my first (but maybe it's just having a toddler while being pregnant?). But I keep having these multiple thoughts and dreams so we will see!
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • No guesses yet! When I was pregnant with DD, I had a dream that I was holding a little girl with a bow in her hair. I wonder if I'll have any dreams like that this time around!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)

I have been wondering if it is I got my strong positive at 11dpo and have been severely tired bloated bad, and sore nips. 
  • I don't know what to guess at this point. LOL, I think by 6 weeks i'll be able to "make a better guess". We have a name picked out if baby is a boy but none for a girl, and chinese calender says girl... so I am going to guess girl as of now with the information I do have. 

BabyGaga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• With my daughter I didn't have a gut feeling either way but as it went on I wanted a girl so bad and tried to prepare myself incase it was a boy, so I ended up convincing myself it was a boy. The Chinese gender predictor said boy, but we had a girl! This time, I do have a gut feeling that it is a boy. I just checked the Chinese gender predictor and it says boy again... If i'm wrong again this time I give up guessing lol
  • Upon finding out I instantly thought it was a girl. Chinese calendar says boy and husbands extended family is basically all guys, so I am probably wrong.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first pregnancy I had no feelings about boy or girl, my last pregnancy I thought boy, and it was. 

This one I had a dream it was a girl and I feel like it's a girl.