@cjt121413 Fingers Crossed!!!!!

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I want to know where everyone's finding these amazing $100 deals on house cleaning! I've gotten quotes for our house and they have ranged from $160 to $250. MADNESS I TELL YOU. I'd rather just be dirty than pay that much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ea301 I got 2 letters for you: DC. Lol. It's ridiculous how everything is so expensive near you. I go for a 2-3 day business trip and it easily costs me $1,000!
  • Options
    sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited August 2016
    @dmontgo we pay 85 for once a month. Through our person it would be 120/month if we got service twice, so 60 each time. But I felt like once a month is easier financially and time wise because I have to pick up before they come...aka put all DD's toys away, have dishes done, and have clutter at least kinda put away. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @sourlemon I would probably do the same thing just because I would have anxiety about being the "gross house" that cleaning ladies talk about at the bar after work lol.
  • Options
    Props to those still cleaning.  Sometime in first tri I stopped cleaning and DH hired someone (he has wanted to since we moved in together since he had a cleaning person in his old apartment but I was resisting).  We pay $75 every other week which is a great deal around here, but we live in an apt not a house.  I think sometimes the rates depend upon how big your house is.
  • Options
    My WTF is the furniture delivery people.  First they were coming on Friday with no estimated time to DH and I had to rearrange our work schedules so someone could be home all day.  Now they're coming Saturday.  WTH.
  • Options
    @penelope4612 Gotta love "appointments" like that. In what other scenario is a 4 hour window considered an appointment?!
  • Options
    So I tried to talk to my boss about this BS maternity leave....he pretty much said tough...and that having kids is a luxury...I went into the bathroom and cried.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brittnic86 what a douchebag. Just because there's a policy in place doesn't mean that 1) you have to be an asshat about it and 2) the company couldnt/shouldn't work with a valued employee to make a plan that works for both parties. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @brittnic86 What an asshole. You'd think that because you've worked for so long that they'd be more than willing to work with you. That is so frustrating...I'm sorry. :(
  • Options
    @ajstevenson @dmontgo I've been here for 9 years, so that's what I was thinking. Guess not. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I tried to talk to my boss about this BS maternity leave....he pretty much said tough...and that having kids is a luxury...I went into the bathroom and cried.
    What an asshole. F him. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Best part is he's a twin, and has twins. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brittnic86 - I'm sorry your boss is such a jerk and isn't willing to work with you.  

Does anyone have any sort-of polite, work appropriate come backs for people at work who keep commenting on your size?  My boss (who is a 60something year old male) has now commented on how "I'm definitely growing" (or something along those lines) 2 weeks in a row.  I'm going to be pregnant for 12 more weeks, give or take.  I don't want to hear this every week for the next 3 months.  He's not creepy about it, but it still makes me uncomfortable.  I think if he says it to me again I'm going to make a comment along the lines of "yeah, that's what's supposed to happen and I'm going to keep getting bigger".  Or maybe just simply say that I know I'm getting bigger and I'm tired of hearing about it?  Looking for any other suggestions.  I realize I could adult and tell him he's making me uncomfortable but I have weekly meetings with him and I'd rather not introduce even more discomfort into the situation.
  • Options
    @penelope4612 - meh to be honest I would just suck it up... or in a jokey voice be like "oh you know just how much I love hearing that!" or something.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @sourlemon @slartybartfast - thanks for your thoughts.  I think he is trying to acknowledge the pregnancy and be funny and certainly not make me uncomfortable.  I do think that if I very seriously tell him he's making me uncomfortable he'll be taken aback.  The feminist in me says he should hear it and learn to not make comments about women's bodies but the rest of me likes him (he's a nice guy, and he's stood up for me at times at work when other administrators were trying to make me do things that I didn't want to or shouldn't have to do) and so I don't really want to make him feel bad when I'm sure he thinks he's just being nice.  Perhaps I'll just tell him that we don't need to talk about my pregnancy every week during our meetings and he'll drop it.  
  • Options
    @penelope4612 It seems like you have a decent enough relationship where you could say something and it not be too big of a deal. 

There are probably two ways I would handle it, and it just depends on the relationship--is it a bit more serious, or more joking in nature?

If it's a more serious relationship, I would just be straightforward and say, "I know you don't mean to, but that kind of comment puts me on the spot and makes me feel self-conscious." 

If it's more joking, you can say, "Way to make me feel bad about myself, man!"

Although I too am in a very male-dominated field and I do understand men are different from women in their communication style, I don't think that means you should have to feel uncomfortable. I've had situations where I wish so badly I said something, but didn't because I was scared (verbal sexual harassment)...but I should have because I'm a person and I didn't deserve that.

So, if it were me I would say something if it makes you uncomfortable--if he values you as an employee (and it sounds like he does), I doubt this would cause major waves.
  • Options
    Wtf maternity leave! Talking to a coworker they informed me that after my 6 week maternity leave, any additional days I take I have to pay 200 bucks. Boo!! I have sick days, it's dumb I'm not allowed to use them to extend maternity. (Apparently being a new mom is not a sickness is the justification)
    Just doesn't make sense. 
    I have an appt with HR mid Sept and I hope I'll get some info that contradicts what I was told...
  • Options
    @brittnic86 Yes to all the maternity BS! I'm ashamed of US maternity laws. And your boss is a super jerk.
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure That is some crazy BS.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @penelope4612  i hate the male female double standards more than anything. Business setting, male dominance office, respect should still matter. Comfortable or not, I would probably say something like "just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean it's acceptable for you to comment on my body every week."  But I tend to call people out. His comments make you uncomfortable so why are you putting his comfort above your own?  
    I also think a long death stare would get the point across.  But I have a phenomenal RBF.
    @penelope4612 I agree with the above. Also, if he was THAT nice a guy, he wouldn't comment on your body. And if he is truly that nice, he won't be offended/upset by you saying something to him about how his comments make you uncomfortable. You shouldn't be uncomfortable in the workplace.

I am passive about things like this (I've learned I have a high tolerance for other people's bullshit to avoid confrontation...part of why I stayed in an abusive relationship for 10 years) and if it was a one time thing I wouldn't think much about it, but the repeated behavior isn't cool and he needs to know that.

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cjt121413 As a teacher I have to pay for a sub when I have used all my saved up days, because I can't just leave my class without paying someone to be there. Beyond what they give us, you have to pay for that sub (this includes taking additional personal days, taking additional sick days, etc.) because they won't and someone has to foot the bill.
    I'm just irritated that I can't use the 40-50 sick days I have saved up over the years to extend maternity because the maternity branch doesn't allow days from the sick bank branch because they are for a different purpose. It's total BS
    Hoping there is some loophole that HR can tell me about when I meet with them in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    @cjt121413 As a teacher I have to pay for a sub when I have used all my saved up days, because I can't just leave my class without paying someone to be there. Beyond what they give us, you have to pay for that sub (this includes taking additional personal days, taking additional sick days, etc.) because they won't and someone has to foot the bill.
    I'm just irritated that I can't use the 40-50 sick days I have saved up over the years to extend maternity because the maternity branch doesn't allow days from the sick bank branch because they are for a different purpose. It's total BS
    Hoping there is some loophole that HR can tell me about when I meet with them in a couple of weeks.

Same. I can't use all my sick days (I have about 40 as well) because I can only use them in place of disability. Once I have the kid and then the doctor clears me, then that's when my FMLA kicks in and the disability ends. I'll be left with about 15 sick days left, give or take, and I'm not even sure I'm returning after my leave (I'm taking the rest of the year off) so who knows if I can even cash them in. Total BS. But yeah, I have to pay for the sub too, it's just that they aren't paying me when I'm gone, so that's how I'm essentially paying for it. 
  • Options
    Wtf Costco. I just bought a three pack of organic whole milk and got home to realize it expires today!!!!

Oh man this maternity leave stuff is bullshit! I am so sorry our country puts so little value on such a crucial and often difficult time. Do our representatives have no souls? Oh wait....
  • Options
    WTF thighs. They are looking and feeling so thunder like lately. It seems like no matter what I eat, they keep getting bigger during pregnancy. Can squished-fighting for room-rub a dub thighs be the new thing, please? Thigh gaps are ridiculous.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure @Lisa3379 that makes sense, but it is still pathetic. And terrible. And ridiculous.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16