December 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 8/31/16

Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: WTF Wednesday 8/31/16

• Options
    WTF Tropical Depression 9! You better not mess with my plans to travel home on Friday! I expect to be in my bed cuddling with my hubby and puppy on Friday night.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Coworkers. Mostly clients and consultants from other companies. How do you keep your contracts? I'm counting down the days until my maternity leave (or my backfill is hired and badged- yay government contracting!) so I can get the hell out of here and never look back. These people are crazy. And I'm done working with them once I go...new clients when I get back!

And school PTA. Seriously, you've been communicating about Back to School night since before school even started. Now you email us today and ask that we not bring children? Where I come from, Back to School night was ABOUT the kids. So now DH can't go and I get to spend the time with exH and his "know-it-all cause she is 24 and a teacher" gf* without the buffer of DH or my kid. Thanks. (No offense to the young ones on the board, but 1 year of teaching under your belt, zero children of your own, and a few months of living somewhere other than your parent's house does not make you an expert in child rearing, education, or adulting). 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @slartybartfast I feel you on the emotions.  I had a bad dream last night and then was startled awake by the cat which sparked a 20 minute kim kardashian style ugly cry.  My husband couldn't help but laugh at me while he tried to comfort me, which didn't help things.  
  • Options
    WTF- pelvic pressure and "cramping" which led to an unscheduled OB visit this morning.  Thankfully everything looks great and closed- but my WTF is more about the explanation- she thinks it's my age and my pelvis is taking a "beating." So I guess I can WTF my age, my old pelvis and the cramps that go along with them.  Dr. said that the pressure will be a "friend" through the rest of this pregnancy.  I already feel like I'm deep in the 3rd trimester with trouble sleeping and all of the other "fun" 3rd tri symptoms.  perhaps this really belongs in the Monday BF.....
  • Options
    WTF body? Everything hurts. I feel like an old woman by the end of the day.  Upper back pain, feet hurt, lower stomach/pelvis pain. Ugh what is it going to be like a month from now?
  • Options
    WTF stupid work and maternity leave. DH is out of town at a family birthday thing, and I would've LOVED to have gone too. But nope. Gotta save all my time, and still won't have enough time anyways. Seriously irritates me to no end. Birth a human or two, and hurry back to work! And my supervisor, a woman who's had three kids, is actually the WORST about this whole me being pregnant thing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited August 2016
    Regarding emotions, oh holy hell. I went to Babies R Us yesterday and started tearing up the second I walked through the door. I'm just so overwhelmed at the fact that I will have a little dude to take care of in just a couple months. Most of the time I'm SO excited about it, but then sometimes I'm freaking out at the foreverness of it all. 

Anyway, I have two WTFs. 

First one goes to the two hurricanes moving toward Hawaii. WTF. At least one will be through before we fly on Friday, but then there's another one. Don't ruin my weekend, Lester. 

The second one goes to me. I have been waiting for a dress I ordered in the mail (going to a wedding this weekend, thus the reason for the trip to Hawaii), and it hasn't showed up yet. I check my order status online... no order. I never ordered it. Just great. Welp, time for an emergency trip to the mall today!
  • Options
    @brittnic86 I'm with you on maternity leave. I waited until today to talk to HR about it because I've been dreading it. Unfortunately they confirmed exactly what I thought. I get FMLA but 0 maternity leave compensation. I've worked for this company four years and it is a growing, medium size company with the worst benefits ever. At least I didn't have my hopes up.
  • Options
    Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited August 2016

WTF... white maternity tank tops. Has anyone found any that aren't completely see through?? 

I bought one at Target and Pink Blush, and both are super see through. I already washed the Target one, but may return the PB one. So sad.

Also, I need to call on my maternity leave. I know we get 2 weeks before and 8 weeks after paid per FMLA. BUT, I have vacation that I thought I could use towards leave but don't think I can now (10 days) due to our busy November work schedule and all hands on deck. My new manager said I should be good for the 2 weeks before since by Thanksgiving we should be all done, but still. As a FTM, this is stressful to figure out.

Edit: Spelling, as I did it from my phone and didn't catch some stuff reading it back through

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    Kacie209 said:
    WTF... white maternity tank tops. Has anyone found any that aren't completely see through?? 

I bought one at Target and Pink Blush, and both are super see through. I already washed the Target one, but may return toe PBS one. So sad.

Nope, and same goes for me. I have to double up with white tank tops. Super annoying. 
  • Options
    @brittnic I plan my kids 2.5 years apart because that's how long it takes me to save enough pto for 12 weeks. That leaves 4 weeks for bedrest and 8 for post baby (c section) or 12 for post baby if all goes well. I don't take vacation and totally dread sick days for those 2.5 years. It sucks. 

Spacing between dd1 and this kid will be 2.5 years give or take a few days. I would space a little closer next time if I could but it's not possible with the pto situation. 

If you look at the Spacing of most women's kids who work here, it's 2.5 to 3 years. Men's kids  (who's wives don't work here) are closer to 12-18 months. Apparently I was the first to notice this. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @dmontgo I hate cleaning so much more being pregnant. Kills my back. I make FI do the vacuuming cause I just can't.

I'm dreading deep cleaning this house once all our furniture and stuff is out. It was nasty when we moved in. Like dead roaches under the cabinets, dead lizard in the bathtub, brown water in the toilets nasty. The leasing agency actually had to refund us a few days rent because it wasn't in livable conditions. Landlord later fired the agency. I'm debating just doing a quick surface level clean. No way he could argue it's in worse shape now then when we moved in. But then I think of possibly having to argue with him later and not sure it's worth it. Ugg. 
  • Options
    @dmontgo bathtub scrubbing is the worst. I swear our unused tub gets dirtier too. 

@tinatt23 we're living the same moving life and DH and I totally had the "how crazy are we really going to clean this place" convo. We got it pretty good, but I kept getting annoyed at DH for going a little too crazy and spending too long in areas (he literally had qtips involved cleaning the fridge lol). We still need to clean up the yard (blow leaves, pull random weeds) and we keep talking about just saying screw it, and giving the keys back so we can be totally done. 
  • Options
    @cgss11 Glad we're not the only crazy people to take on a move at 20-some weeks pregnant. I keep asking myself why we're doing this. Oh yeah, because it was now or doing it with a newborn. And then a 24 hour road trip with a newborn. Screw that. Haha. 
  • Options
    @dmontgo My house looks like a bomb went off in each room. It hasn't ever been not cluttered as we have 0 storage space, but with L pushing/moving things + his toys+bouncers+ walker+ my 'work office' stuff it is just a disaster. I just had to move all my grading from a chair so that the pups had a 'safe from the baby' space. The good thing is, after a while you learn to not care as much.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @dmontgo, my Yorkie is literally snoring right beside me as I freak out reading the birthing stories! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kate08Young I'm texting a friend this very minute and we are talking about how perfection is the enemy in motherhood...to just be ok with "good enough." Gonna be a hard lesson for me--there is a LOT I need to pull an Elsa on and just LET IT GOOO--
  • Options
    WTF to performance reviews. My semi-annual one is scheduled for late September, conveniently smack dab in the middle of several work trips. I'm going through my self evaluation and even I want to give myself a check-minus or needs improvement. I'm just doin what I have to to survive at this point. Can't we postpone this bs until after leave?!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @dmontgo I keep looking around my house at all the deep cleaning that needs to be done. Just makes me tired thinking about it. So it hasn't happened yet lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dmontgo as much as I've tried to pull an Elsa on things....I've only 50% succeeded. All those perfection things still end up on my to do list and drive me crazy....but I rarely have time to do them. I mean really, who needs clean toilets?!? (Just kidding, we now pay ppl to deep clean once a month and I do light cleaning in between, so our toilets are typically clean). 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @sourlemon How much does it typically cost? I'm thinking that I need to prioritize and, ahem, delegate chores.
  • Options
    @dmontgo Pretty much everyone in my family (besides me) has their house cleaned. Some once a month. Some weekly. Their houses all vary widely in size and are in different states. Different cleaning ladies doing different tasks. And I swear they all pay $100 per visit. No idea how that makes sense, but it is what it is. 
  • Options
    Lol I was literally just typing that the quote I once received for a cleaner was $100 a visit
  • Options
    @Kacie209 Macys has this set called the bump start. They come in sets of black and white. So far the whites worked for me!! 

WTF hunger. I can't stop eating EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!!!! 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    I'm sure I can come up with $100 once a month...I think it would be a huge weight off my shoulders once everything is going on. I can do light cleaning, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it all the time.