March 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    hah!! @dubcompanion yea the bathroom thing drives me nuts! He made a comment to me about how weird the 3d pic was, so I know he did go and see them, but I just need him to make more of an effort to be involved, or at least be thoughtful and ask some questions or see how i'm feeling, etc. i don't think he realizes that he comes off that way, he's a guy, and I just don't think it comes naturally to him to be so emotionally involved in something LOL
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PattersRNPattersRN member
    edited August 2016
    I have a friend, one of the sweetest girls, on FB that quit teaching to be a BB coach, and she's doing great. But some of her comments on her posts trying to convince people to become coaches are like, "I know some people can leave their babies at 8 weeks and go back to work, but that's not what I want." and it stings every time? I do enjoy my work, but honestly DH is getting his PhD and it's essential I work. I know she means well but every time I'm just...

@datalover13 Ugh....YES! I have a few friends who are into MLM, but one is the worst.  I had to hide her FB posts, and I'm sure a lot of other people do too.  She also makes comments like that "I never dreamed I could stay at home and raise a child while making tons of money", or "I do this because I don't know how anyone could leave their baby in daycare" (she has no children, not even a boyfriend, mind you). Also, what's this bragging about income stuff?  You don't do that!  Okay, stepping off my soapbox now.....
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PattersRN a lot of those companies have standard stuff the women copy and paste . I'm sure she just copied that from whoever she's under, stupidly.  I have several of those women on my fb too.. half of them still work regular jobs lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @shaunat25 this is another. OH NO SHE DIDNT moment.. but seriously that's rude and totally illegal. they can not discriminate like that! Nor do you have to tell them.
    I was going to say the same thing! 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    meq124meq124 member
    edited August 2016
    My WTF is to my daughters sound machine. The power just went off mid nap and when the generator kicked on the sound changed from white noise to a heartbeat. Creepiest sound ever to come through a baby monitor!!

ETA I can't type.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kennas88 I don't think you were overreacting at all! I would have flipped out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    mecoats said:
    @shaunat25 this is another. OH NO SHE DIDNT moment.. but seriously that's rude and totally illegal. they can not discriminate like that! Nor do you have to tell them.
    I was going to say the same thing! 
    It took everything in me not to call there and lose it about all the ways that scenario was SO inappropriate. To question my ethics while insinuating I wouldn't have got the job if they knew I was pregnant is so unreal. 
  • Options
    @datalover13 I feel you on the beachbody stuff. I actually was on the band wagon, and signed up to be a coach just for the discount, but watching the constant posts drove me insane. Good for you if you quit your job and coach full time, it's not for everybody, and you're actually going to annoy the majority of people by taking over their news feeds. I know this is crazy, but you can work out and follow a program WITHOUT posting about it 10 times a day. 
  • Options
    @ShaunaT25 what?! You can?!! /sarcasm (thankfully her baby is adorable enough I put up with it. I just stop reading the posts where I see her start talking about the income stuff and how excited she is to be home.

@PattersRN you stay on that soapbox all you want I'm right there with you.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @kennas88 not overreacting IMO. I wouldn't want any random person picking up my child, let alone a drunk one. 

My WTF goes out to my toddler. I let her pick out her shoes this morning (purple). I put said shoes on, she has a major fit when they are on her feet because she doesn't want to wear those shoes, she wants the blue ones. I just can't win. Everything ends up in a major tantrum these days. 
    I feel your pain @CanadianintheSouth
    DD has daily tantrums like the one you mentioned above except hers involves "Elsa" pj's. 
  • Options
    @kjd291 I let out a fully belly laugh at the jewelry story! I mean on one hand, WTFFFF, but the mental image.... That's like sitcom-worthy right there! I'm glad it stopped though once DD came along. DH does it maybe once every six months. Maybe if it occurs again within the next month, I'll be adamant he goes to a sleep clinic, given he's already prone to them. The stress and sympathy symptoms might make them more frequent!
  • Options
    Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited September 2016
    I actually came here with something to say, but all of your WTFs are seriously so mindblowing today that I won't even comment. WTF is wrong with people IRL?!?
  • Options
    @jessjoelmasse hahah that's awesome. How are the days of me being able to dress her in whatever cutsie outfit I want coming to an end already?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @CanadianintheSouth I feel your pain. It's tragic. I just keep having kids so I can select someone's adorable outfit. I know no other solution!
  • Options
    loveyoga7 said:
    I feel your pain @CanadianintheSouth
    DD has daily tantrums like the one you mentioned above except hers involves "Elsa" pj's. 
    @loveyoga7 same thing with us over her minions pajamas every night. This afternoon I was going through fall clothes and DD discovered an Olaf halloween shirt, she immediately started undressing so she could wear it. I didn't have the energy to fight it, so off we went to target with halloween clothes on.  :|
    Sometimes you just have to pick and choose your battles. If my DD had it her way she would wear Elsa pj's, Crocs and bed head all day/everyday. Combing her hair is our toughest battle. She runs and screams "oooww" before I even grab her hair brush and detangler. I'll admit there have been days we have strolled around Target and DD looked like a hot mess and I got a few side eyes. 
  • Options
    ShaunaT25 said:
    @datalover13 I feel you on the beachbody stuff. I actually was on the band wagon, and signed up to be a coach just for the discount, but watching the constant posts drove me insane. Good for you if you quit your job and coach full time, it's not for everybody, and you're actually going to annoy the majority of people by taking over their news feeds. I know this is crazy, but you can work out and follow a program WITHOUT posting about it 10 times a day. 
    This is something ive considered because I think I'd enjoy it but I legitimately can't think of how to get it "out there" and build a client base without social media and yet I adamently refuse to be "that person".
    no offence to anyone who does it, I just can't..... 
  • Options
    Really starting to get upset with my job. I've already emailed 3 different people for information about the maternity leave policy over the last 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me yet. We are so unorganized. I'm going to start complaining soon, well that's if the HR lady will even reply. I don't even know who to go to exactly because I work in the corporate office as we oversee several hospitals and I don't know who works where. It's driving me insane. So much that I want to just quit. My boss already asked me if I was coming back after my maternity leave. She knows the deal. 
  • Options
    Really starting to get upset with my job. I've already emailed 3 different people for information about the maternity leave policy over the last 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me yet. We are so unorganized. I'm going to start complaining soon, well that's if the HR lady will even reply. I don't even know who to go to exactly because I work in the corporate office as we oversee several hospitals and I don't know who works where. It's driving me insane. So much that I want to just quit. My boss already asked me if I was coming back after my maternity leave. She knows the deal. 
    You know what, I really think HR purposely drags their feet on things like this and it grates on my nerves. The hospital I work at was once a small, private hospital, but it merged with a large hospital group (Providence) and it's made it that more difficult to find out who in HR you have to speak to. It's the most frustrating thing. I have yet to come across a competent HR department in any of the hospitals that I've worked at. These people are supposed to be well versed in the rules and laws regarding leave and every time they have it backwards. The last hospital I worked at tried to argue that I should only get 6 weeks leave with FMLA. It's ridiculous.
    @mcdonald-bailey Is there a main directory with numbers? I had to start getting on the phone and calling around to finally get a hold of somebody. HR is the worst with getting in touch!
  • Options
    @mcdonald-bailey As a Canadian, I can't even handle hearing these stories. I'm really sorry that you are dealing with this and it makes me angry that it would be easier for you to just quit. That's a terrible sign of a screwed up system (and I know that Canada's is screwed up in many ways too).
  • Options
    @kiyamurph we do have a receptionist here with a directory of this office and one other office. I'm asking her today who should I speak with. I'm hoping she has the HR information. 3 other people I've asked about said it was hard for them to reach someone about their benefits. Too many people go in and out so it's never the same person in charge. 
  • Options

I actually had a dream that US got a better maternity system.....

what happens after talking to my Canadian friend all night =/

SaveSave
  • Options
    @mrsyimster - Let's all say a little prayer that your dreams tell the future! 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary