May 2017 Moms

GTKY

It's still Tuesday right? We will be spending the next 8+ months together so let's get to know eachother! 

1. What is your favorite book?

2. What is your favorite Movie? 

3. What is your favorite part about Fall?

Re: GTKY

• Annabellez92Annabellez92 member
    edited August 2016
    1) the boy who was raised by a dog by Bruce perry soooo good! 

2) the newsies (guilty pleasure)

3) boots and scarves and a break from this humid hot Oklahoma weather lol 
  • 1. Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrado

2. Too many! If I had to choose just one, Far and Away is pretty up there. 

3. Everything pumpkin 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • avas_dreamavas_dream member
    edited August 2016
    1. Atlas shrugged 

2. The Matrix

3. Fall Fashion!!! 

• 1. Book: Any and all things related to Harry Potter. I also really enjoyed Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. 
    2. Movie: About Time- The scenery in that movie is just incredible. 
    3. Baking, crisp autumn air, pumpkin picking, drinking hot cider, fall scented candles and the beautiful trees changing colors. 

• 1. My favorite book is definitely Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. It you haven't read it yet I highly recommend. I've easily read it once year since I first read it. 
    2. Probably How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days or PS I Love You. I don't think they're the best movies ever but I love them and can watch both multiple times. 
    3. Definitely for the weather to cool off. I'm happy with at least sub-100's ;) 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • 1. The Book Thief
    2. Don't have a favorite movie. But have several favorite series: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead
    3. We spend a lot of time walking/running/playing. I love summer because we have a lake on our property we swim in, but the next best thing is fall, when walking isn't so hot. The farm is 3,000 acres (don't own it, but have lived here for 18 years) and there is so much to explore. When it cools down it is lovely.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Book: anything by Nicholas Sparks 
    Movie: dirty dancing. 
    fall favorites: cool crisp air and fall scented candles. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Book: anything Harry Potter! Also love The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird
    Movie: The Sound of Music probably
    Thing about fall: wearing boots and scarves, and my birthday!
  • 1. What is your favorite book?

@CherylE418  and @Savi925Copying you and saying Harry Potter! 

2. What is your favorite Movie? 

So, so many. One that I've seen the most is Father of the Bride

3. What is your favorite part about Fall?

scarves, boots, and pumpkin! 

• Stormy61Stormy61 member
    edited August 2016
    @sarah0985 I watched How to lose a guy in10 days EVERY SINGLE day of my sophomore year in college. 

• Yeah, yeah...it's not Tuesday, but I'm definitely behind on most things in life right now...

1. What is your favorite book? The Color of Water, By: James McBride

2. What is your favorite Movie? Ooh, that's a tough one! I love so many movies! 

3. What is your favorite part about Fall? Everything. I love fall! Layered clothing, boots, Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall activities...it's such a "cozy" time of year. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited September 2016
    1. Favorite book hands down harry potter series just got the cursed child and started reading it today.

2. Favorite movie. Well I'm usually watching the harry potter collection lol but I love where the heart is, city of Angels and beauty and the beast have always been a favorite of mine since I was little.

3. Favorite thing about fall well everything from the colors, clothes,food, weather, scenery to the fall fairs, my birthday and our wedding anniversary :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. What is your favorite book?  I love invisible monsters by Chuck Palahniuk but if I were to recommend a book I would say The Book of Negros by Lawrence Hill.  It's amazing.

2. What is your favorite Movie? Reservoir Dogs and Fight Club.  For a laugh... bridesmaids!

3. What is your favorite part about Fall?  I love the colors and sweater weather.  No bugs!!!!  I had a fall wedding and my son was born in the fall <3 
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• 1. Book: The Harry Potter series are my all time favourite books. To Kill a Mocking Bird is up there in my list as well. Shout out to my fellow potter fans @CherylE418 @SaVi925 and @hartmich

2. Movie: @TresGatos I totally agreed,  Breakfast at Tiffanys for sure! Also close runner ups: Dirty Dancing (the original) and The Fox and the Hound. 

3. My favourite thing about fall: The crisp cool air, comfy clothing, and the breath taking colours we have in our area. It's my favourite season 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Ps. I'm also a huge Potter fan. My 10 year old can't get into it, but her bestie is a Potter fanatic so I buy her all things Potter. Like the new book that came out, I got it for her and she just gave it back to me to read. Her mom could care less so she likes that she can talk about everything Potter with me! 

We've also decided the next dog we get will be named Luna Lovegood
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Klee_NC Best dog name ever! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• 1.) I'm another huge Harry Potter fan. It's like my comfort food! But other than HP, anything by Barbra Kingsolver is my favorite. Prodigal Summer being my current fav.
    2.) When Harry Met Sally. I can watch it over and over agin!
    3.) Fall. I live on the OR coast so I don't get much in the way of amazing color change, but I love when the air turns cool and crisp again!
  • @mindyp I live in OR too! About an hour and a half from the coast. 

• 1. All the Harry Potter books!

2. I am more of a tv junkie than movie person. Can't wait for all my shows to come back, especially Grey's, How To Get Away With Murder, Scandal, Nashville and Madame Secretary.

3. Pumpkin everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mia1116 said:
    2. I am more of a tv junkie than movie person. Can't wait for all my shows to come back, especially Grey's, How To Get Away With Murder, Scandal, Nashville and Madame Secretary.
    Woohoo! Me too! My attention span doesn't allow me to get super into movies but I love my tv shows!!
    CP September 2019
  • @sarah0985 I have such a full schedule of shows, I don't have time to watch movies LOL!
  • 1. Last book I read was 50 shades of gray lol. it was decent.

2. Favourite movie probably Stepup

3. Thanksgiving 
  • @mia1116 I definitely have an app to remind me of my shows. I wish I was kidding. Haha. Can't wait especially for Greys. 
    CP September 2019
  • @sarah0985 there's an app? Seriously?!?! Oh I need to get it! Lol
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited September 2016
    @mia1116 yup. Called tvtracker. I don't have tv and download. I got sick of always ch cling different sites to see if new episodes came out. This one notifies you when new episodes are released of the shows you watch. You check them off when you watch it. Simple. 

ETA. Tvshowtracker
    CP September 2019
  • 1. Favorite book is tough to say. I really enjoy the Kushiel's Dart series.

2. Favorite movie is Star Wars - but the old trilogy not the pre-quels. Garbage.

3. Favorite thing about fall is definitely the holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving are my two favorite holidays!! 
  • Book - Unbroken by Lauren Hillebrand... so much better than the movie!!!
    Movie - Ferris Bueller's Day Off ... I would seriously consider the name Sloane for my LO but there is no way H would allow it! Hehe
    Fav thing about fall - At the risk of sounding *basic*.... PSLs! 

• 1) Hmmm... I enjoyed The Happiness Project. I'm not a big book reader but I do like self-development type books

2) Bridesmaids or The Interview! Funny every time!

3) Pumpkin Spice everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Daughter of the Forest
    Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather
    Pumpkin donut holes from dd, the smell here in new england from the leaves, anything halloween, going apple picking or pumpkin buying!
  • @hezzer78 love the kushiels dart series. Did you read the Imriel trilogy too?
  • Yiggle09, I'm in New England, too! Just north of Boston...fall in New England is the absolute best. It smelled a bit like fall this morning and it made me so happy! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @yiggle09 No, I haven't! I read one other book by her that wasn't in the kushiel's dart series - and it was kind of bad so I just didn't try anything else :)
  • Favorite Book: There are sooo many! I LOVE Harry Potter, I also have always been interested in the holocaust and Night is a book I can read over and over. 

I also teach so there a ton that I love to teach!! 

Favorite Movie: There are too many! Dirty Dancing, The Blind Side... Those are just the two off the top of my head

Favorite thing about Fall: Hoodies and Jeans!! 
  • 1. SO MANY, but I really enjoyed The Secret Keeper
    2. In America
    3. Going outdoors without risking a heat stroke - we live in the deep South, and I am quite a weenie 
  • 1. Fav Book:  LOVE the Harry Potter series! And Gone with the Wind

2. What is your favorite Movie? I'm more of a TV show fan....Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, How to get away with murder, and about a billion others! Excited for fall shows to come back. 

3. What is your favorite part about Fall?  Oregon has beautiful fall weather, it's definitely my favorite season. Cool weather, beautiful colors. So excited! 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Favorite book: NO WAY I can pick a favorite. 
    Favorite movie: Steel Magnolias
    Favorite part of fall: Pumpkins, beautiful leaves, wearing hoodies, Halloween. 
  • 1. My favourite book (series) is Harry Potter.

2. I don't have a favourite movie.  :s

3. I love absolutely everything about fall.  <3
    Mama of 1.5 little boys.
    20. Engaged. Single Parent. College Student in 2017. SAHM.
    Just taking things as they come and doing the best I can for my kids.

Michael Anthony | April 11th 2015
    Baby Boy #2 | May 12th 2017

• 1. All-time favorite is probably the Morgaine saga by C.J. Cherry. Or the wheel of time series. Recently? The martian! So good :)

2. Can't pick a favorite movie... But love the original Star Wars, MASH (the series), Stargate, Friends, Fairy Tail, Avatar the last Airbender... (Definitely NOT the movie... Series all the way!)

3. The cooler weather and my son's bday!

• Book: Potterhead as well, as for adult book: Lolita. Man, Nabokov can WRITE. 
    Movie: Garden State. (Prefer tv shows like friends and charmed though!) 
    Fall: Basically, PSLs and pumpkin/apple picking. Oh, and college football with Revolution octoberfest ale. And yes, I already had a mini meltdown in the grocery store when dh came carrying a 6pack for football opener last Saturday.