May 2017 Moms

2+ Moms

This is my second pregnancy and I feel like the symptoms are happening way earlier and more intense than my first pregnancy. Also, DS is 3 and parenting a threenager and feeling pretty awful is hard!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2+ Moms

• This is pregnancy #4 for me. Oldest is 5.5 and starting kindergarten next week. Current youngest is 3.5 going into 2nd year of preschool. We also have a stillborn daughter who flies with the Angels. 

Honestly having minimal symptoms right now. On and off nausea but nothing major. Other 2 pregnancies when I had morning sickness it started around 7 weeks. So I suspect it's still coming.
  • It is so hard! This baby will be my third! DS1 is 8 yrs old and DS2 is 2 yrs old. I had no idea I would be feeling this much nausea so soon! When it gets really rough later on and the vomiting starts, I plan on relying a lot on good ol' Paw Patrol. Not much we can do at this point but hold the fort down and hope our littles understand mommy hugging the toilet. 

• Loading the player...
  • @SaVi925 I've already started throwing up and the nausea is awful. I foresee a whole lot of Paw Patrol for the foreseeable future!
  • This is my fifth pregnancy, DS2 is 4, DS2 is 2, and I have two angel babies. Each pregnancy has been different, but I do remember the first being fairly easy since I could nap whenever I wanted. Now that is not really possible. There is definitely a lot of Nick Jr and Sprout tv on in my house.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• This is my third pregnancy and I've been experiencing nausea for two weeks and I'm only 4 weeks along. I thought I had a bug but it hasn't gone away and has only intensified. We are having a movie day today. 
  • This is my third pregnancy. I'm having the same symptoms as I did with both boys (6 & 2).Waves of nausea and crazy sense of smell are pretty intense right now. Hopefully my sciatic pain isn't too bad this time around. *knock on wood*, the 2 yo hasn't hit the terrible 2 stage too bad yet. But some days I think the 6 yo is 6 going on 16.
  • This is my second. The little one is just over a year old. I'm really not feeling many symptoms yet. Small waves of nausea. But it started around 6 weeks last time so I'm not counting myself lucky yet. 
  • I took Unisom last night and today I feel so much better! Queasy, but not throwing up or anything today. It's much better!
  • For y'all with children old enough to understand, when will you tell them? Mines too young (year old). 
  • No idea yet. My oldest was very sad when we lost her baby sister earlier this year. Will wait awhile yet. Probably til after first appointment and harmony test.
  • This is going to be baby number 2 for us. Dd is 2 years old, I'm praying I don't get as horrible morning sickness as I did last time, it started around 6 weeks and last the whole first trimester, we have no family close to us to help me and hubby's job can take him away for days at a time! 

Last night I had a headache and dizzy/light headed on the left side of my head and my left leg was tingling, had a warm bath it helped my leg, sleep helped my head. I don't remember having this till like third trimester!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was wondering the same thing. My son is 3 and he loves my nephew who is almost 3 months old. My other sister is pregnant and dur early March. He knows she's pregnant too. I think I'll tell him after the 6 week ultrasound so he has time to start preparing.
  • This is my 2nd--I'm just shy of 5 weeks and already feeling a little nausea and definitely bloating. It seems too soon! I have no idea how we are going to introduce the idea of a wee one to our very "me"-centric 2 year old...crossing that bridge when I'm sure this pregnancy sticks! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am not sure last year DS1 was 3, almost 4 when I miscarried at 12 weeks. Before that point he only knew there was a baby in my tummy because we told him he couldn't rough house anymore. He never questioned anything after it happened. This time I think he understands more, so I want to wait longer before saying anything. DS2 just turned 2 so I dint think he'll really understand anything soon.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• My one and only son is 2 1/2 I told him the day I found out, I think he is old enough to understand but young enough to be a little out of sight out of mind. We aren't pushing the idea and reading all the big brother looks until after we see a heartbeat but I just talk about it around him and explain that there's a baby brother or sister in mums tummy. 
  • My kiddo is 5 and I'm not sure if she would be able to keep a secret :) , so we'll probably wait a couple of months before telling her. We didn't share our first pregnancy with anyone until 12 weeks (family and friends) and 16 weeks (work).
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • @march2008 my oldest is 5.5 and can't keep a secret to save her life. Sounds about right lol.
  • This is my second and even though I'm only 4w3d I feel like I'm having a lot less symptoms this time than with my first. I was already experiencing waves of nausea and exhaustion at this point last time but now I barely feel pregnant. I know that this can all change in a heartbeat so I'm trying to enjoy feeling ok while I can. And I already have my rx for Diclegis on hand for if/when I need it. I used Zofran last time so I'm hoping Diclegis works.

As for telling DD, she is a little over 2 1/2 and will not quite understand the concept of being a big sister but I know she'll tell everyone once she knows. So we're not really talking about it around her and plan not to until we're ready for the world to know.
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • My oldest is almost 11. She knows. We told my 4 year old last time around 9 weeks and I lost it at 11, so I'll be a bit more cautious telling her this time. The loss really upset her. She named the baby "Truck" and now we talk to Truck a lot when we are driving, at her request. I think I'll wait until we find out the gender if we make it that far. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TresGatos I have my bottle of Diclegis ready to go, too! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stormy61 said:
    For y'all with children old enough to understand, when will you tell them? Mines too young (year old). 
    We're telling them right before we announce to everyone else, after the end of 1st tri, since people will probably start talking to them about it at that point. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• This will be our third kid. I had an easy pregnancy with DS but it was awful the 2nd time. All the aches and pains were worse and happened a lot sooner. I also had awful nausea the entire pregnancy. I had a girl that time. So now I almost think this pregnancy is a boy because my symptoms are much more like my first pregnancy thus far; although I still expect that the aches and pains to come about sooner than before. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• Any non-first timers who were pregnant during a winter once before? I'm just thinking about the maternity clothes I have from my first, but I was mostly huge in the spring/summer and didn't have to worry about a winter coat...wondering if you guys bought new ones to fit the belly and if so, where did you find them??
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I didn't get bigger until the spring with my last one so I didn't need any coats. 
  • @Kipperoo I'm definitely going to need winter clothes. A coat I'm not too worried about. I don't usually zip up so I think my regular coat will be ok.
  • cmillar36cmillar36 member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not too worried. Even though it goes down to -50 with windchill here. I never show til later hopefully worst of winter is over at that point.
  • DS was a May baby and I never felt the need for a bigger coat. 

Married 8/27/2011

• mborn24mborn24 member
    edited September 2016
    My son will be three when this baby arrives. They could have the exact birthday because I got pregnant almost at the same (rewind three years). It's crazy! I'm glad I will have my maternity clothes and that some of the clothes he had will be in the correct season. 

We we ask him if he wants a baby brother or baby sister, and he yells BABY SISTER without fail, everytime. 
    It's so cute. I would love a girl, but truly just want a healthy pregnancy and baby. 
  • I'm in the same boat! I actually only tested this early because I felt so crappy!  My DD is 3 and it's a constant battle over everything, so I know what you are going through. :)

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I totally agree with this pregnancy I feel like everything so much stronger and sooner than with my last.
  • @jdebaie why is everything a constant battle at 3? No matter what it is DS has to argue with me! By the time DH gets home I'm done!
  • @Stormy61 hey were you august 15 or sept 15 group? I was due sept 1 so I stayed in that bump forum mostly My son was born Aug 31 so I am in the same boat as you, I highly doubt he has any idea what I would be telling him at this point but in 9 months he should be better cognitively right? This will be my second I just got my bfp today I come from Sept 15 group and look forward to all the memories we all will be sharing together!
  • @Yiggle09 actually I was June15... So I have a 14 month old. She'll be almost 2 when this one is born so I'm afraid the only thing she'll understand or know is that she has to share mommy and daddy
  • edited September 2016
    Oh ya! It's so hard now with two under 4 and feeling exhausted with the third cooking!! Hang in there mama! I promise it gets easier, until the end and then it sucks again haha.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So far I've only had a few small waves of nausea, headaches, and OMG the bloat! Last time though I woke up with morning sickness at 6 weeks at had it through 30 weeks. So I'm not going to say I'm in the clear yet! 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Has anyone still been nursing while pregnant?  My boobs got so sore last time I spent about 3 weeks on the couch with a heating pad strapped to my chest.  My 10 month old is still nursing and I'm really hoping to skip the sore boob stage!  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• @MrsN092714 yep still nursing here! 
  • Stormy61 said:
    @MrsN092714 yep still nursing here! 
    How old is your LO?  What is your due date?  Have the sore boobs hit you yet?!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I'm so early so not too sick yet. With my first I had horrible morning sickness til almost the 3rd trimester. With my second, I had only a couple weeks of morning sickness and felt great by the end of the first. I'm really hoping this pregnancy is like the second!

DD is 6 and has been begging for me to have another baby. We'll probably tell her after the 1st trimester because I know she'd be crushed if I had a miscarriage. DS turns 2 this week so I think the concept is kind of beyond him.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Stormy61 said:
    @MrsN092714 yep still nursing here! 
    How old is your LO?  What is your due date?  Have the sore boobs hit you yet?!
    14 months and a little tenderness but nothing bad. I think the nursing aversion is something we need to watch out for.