Baby Names
Options

Hit me with boy names for a baby girl

2»

Re: Hit me with boy names for a baby girl

• Options
    Dang it. The bump ate like 3/4th of my post. I'll bullet point it really fast.

-Making fun of my current son's name was hateful. 
    -Surnames is kind of our thing. If this baby is a boy his name will be Warren. I'd love a girl to have a surname as well ;)
    -You don't have to love any of the names I listed, but you could offer constructive options without being rude (I'm sure your gonna say you weren't rude.) 
    -As a social worker, I fully believe gender is a social construct. If my son wants to be named Jennifer, Karen, or Elizabeth I fully support him making that decision. Since I hate those names I won't be picking them for him though. The same goes for my daughter, but I'm pretty accepting of sexual orientation and gender roles 
    -As a die hard feminist, we know that men get interviews at a higher rate then women (for prominent positions). Thus, giving my daughter a more masculine name might actually give her an advantage. I won't give her a disadvantage just because I hate the system (but this isn't the only reason I want a more masculine name, just a perk).
    -This is my child. If I want to name her honey bunny ding dong I will can. It's the beauty in being the mom in this situation. However, I'll be sure to add Ranger to my list (joking). 

Maybe the bump will give me my other post back at some point? If not this is a much shorter version. I'll stick with my BMB from here on out. Have fun naming the future generation ladies. 

I don't get why people ask for opinions or help, don't get the response they want and then prance off in a huff with the whole "it's my kid I'll name it whatever I want." GREAT. Go do that then and don't ask for an opinion you didn't really want in the first place. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lola2214 said:
    Dang it. The bump ate like 3/4th of my post. I'll bullet point it really fast.

-Making fun of my current son's name was hateful. 
    -Surnames is kind of our thing. If this baby is a boy his name will be Warren. I'd love a girl to have a surname as well ;)
    -You don't have to love any of the names I listed, but you could offer constructive options without being rude (I'm sure your gonna say you weren't rude.) 
    -As a social worker, I fully believe gender is a social construct. If my son wants to be named Jennifer, Karen, or Elizabeth I fully support him making that decision. Since I hate those names I won't be picking them for him though. The same goes for my daughter, but I'm pretty accepting of sexual orientation and gender roles 
    -As a die hard feminist, we know that men get interviews at a higher rate then women (for prominent positions). Thus, giving my daughter a more masculine name might actually give her an advantage. I won't give her a disadvantage just because I hate the system (but this isn't the only reason I want a more masculine name, just a perk).
    -This is my child. If I want to name her honey bunny ding dong I will can. It's the beauty in being the mom in this situation. However, I'll be sure to add Ranger to my list (joking). 

Maybe the bump will give me my other post back at some point? If not this is a much shorter version. I'll stick with my BMB from here on out. Have fun naming the future generation ladies. 

I don't get why people ask for opinions or help, don't get the response they want and then prance off in a huff with the whole "it's my kid I'll name it whatever I want." GREAT. Go do that then and don't ask for an opinion you didn't really want in the first place. 

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom564x9c95d69c95d674dd5cf4fca6bd9d384e78e24bjpg
    LFAF February Siggy Challenge - "Favorite TV/Movie Couple"

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload26b89148c7b33ea94ce2d81113588d17jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadd47bf7ca05f00f6cf5bf636c32d9a75bjpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload8eecaf9159c3ef2d76474f4858e0ca7cjpg
    httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploada6e4cbc633a118da3abd087f7518f2c8jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadc77e51750c881e1e2ec7bd004e796cd3jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload54f663537b430163ad7fac1203ceb664jpg

Me: 28 | DH: 29
    DD: 10/17/13
    TTC#2 Actively: 10/14, NTNP: 01/14
    Left-Sided Hydrosalpinx (cause: genetic abnormality, TREATED 11/16)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/396b04

• Options
    The disingenuousness of accusing people of disliking the opinions when they are clearly objecting to the tone is preposterous and clearly intentionally inflammatory.

• Options
    @Lola2214 I probably could have said unisex names, but I wasn't looking for Alex or Charlie. 

I thought I made it clear in my post what I was looking for, maybe I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Eh. It's fine. I'll look through the internet until I find the perfect name for this baby. I don't need the rude comments of this board. Thank you for helping to get my point across <3
    They'll keep coming even if you do post again about the name you have chosen, trust me they always say rude and uncalled for things at me, when I asked for a little help since my husband is deployed now, but they always seem to come back at me being rude. I have named my children "weird" names as these people on here like to say, so that being said I always get snarky comments. My kids names are Aphrodite, Athena , Perceus and Ares. And we want to use for our twin girls Lilith and Freya. So yep, that's how it is on this site, thank goodness I have my children to keep me off here! Lol 
  • Options
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Without responding to all the comment on this. 

Luckily its my child. I get to decide what to name him or her. You don't have to love it, but you  also don't have to be hateful
    Nobody was hateful. 
    I'm just going to say this, and this isn't to be rude either. 
    I know she asked for opinions, but the some of the names posted had nothing to do with unisex names that she wanted, and something's come off harsh and hateful. Everyone has a different opinion on names, everyone on here decided to be mean, and not nice to be mean, and I also get mean things said to me when I say nothing back, so I know how it feels to be her, not saying you can't comment, but at least post names that can be used for a boy or a girl. She didn't ask for smart mouths.
    Let's look at the title of this post, shall we?

"Boy names" for a "baby girl"

It is quite clear. Now if Douglas is not what you have in mind, then perhaps she doesn't want "boy names" for a baby girl. She wants hipster/trendy names for a baby girl. Johnny Cash said it perfectly as a Boy Named Sue.
    If you read the post then you'd know what she was clearly asking for. Like I said I wasn't being rude, just stating an opinion. I haven't been on in a few days.

Can't say it but will post a picture, now that's big and bad. You can state your opinions on names, but I can't say when you're being rude or hateful, okay that makes total sense let me tell ya. 

No. 

Other people are perfectly able to call someone out if they cross a line. You get gifs c and memes because everyone whose read more than one thread on this board knows you're trolling @london5815

I don't even know who that is for one, so me trolling is wrong. Get off your high horse just because people like different names, not everyone is like you and THANK GOD for that. So if you think I'm trolling, jokes on you cause I'm real, and I'm staying so get over yourself. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:

Luckily its my child. I get to decide what to name him or her. You don't have to love it, but you  also don't have to be hateful
    Nobody was hateful. 
    I know she asked for opinions, but the some of the names posted had nothing to do with unisex names that she wanted, and something's come off harsh and hateful. Everyone has a different opinion on names, everyone on here decided to be mean, and not nice to be mean, and I also get mean things said to me when I say nothing back, so I know how it feels to be her, not saying you can't comment, but at least post names that can be used for a boy or a girl. She didn't ask for smart mouths.

It is quite clear. Now if Douglas is not what you have in mind, then perhaps she doesn't want "boy names" for a baby girl. She wants hipster/trendy names for a baby girl. Johnny Cash said it perfectly as a Boy Named Sue.
    If you read the post then you'd know what she was clearly asking for. Like I said I wasn't being rude, just stating an opinion. I haven't been on in a few days.

Can't say it but will post a picture, now that's big and bad. You can state your opinions on names, but I can't say when you're being rude or hateful, okay that makes total sense let me tell ya. 

No. 

Other people are perfectly able to call someone out if they cross a line. You get gifs c and memes because everyone whose read more than one thread on this board knows you're trolling @london5815

I don't even know who that is for one, so me trolling is wrong. Get off your high horse just because people like different names, not everyone is like you and THANK GOD for that. So if you think I'm trolling, jokes on you cause I'm real, and I'm staying so get over yourself. 

• Options
    Lola2214Lola2214 member
    edited August 2016
    Deleted due to ToU violation
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Lola2214 said:
    Bringmemylongswordho said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:

Nobody was hateful. 

No. 

ToU violation removed

• Options
    Lola2214Lola2214 member
    edited August 2016
    Lola2214 said:
    Bringmemylongswordho said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:
    Lola2214 said:

Nobody was hateful. 

No. 

ToU violation removed

My kids are in bed, so I guess not.
  • Options
    Sarcastic? Petty? Yes, some were. 
    Hateful, no. 
    Just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we weren't helpful. 

You asked for opinions. You received them. You know you're walking an unconventional route, so you should be prepared for the wide eyes and forced smiles you will encounter when you introduce a Sawyer with a pink bow. Some will adore your naming style. Some will not. If you're not prepared to walk confidently (not defensively) then you might want to save yourself and your child the hassle.

That being said, I know two baby Sailor/Saylors that are girls. I don't consider that a boy's name. If you're in the South, you could probably get away with Blakely. It's relatively unisex and there's a LN as FN culture in some areas. As a suggestion, I have a cousin named Kinley (maybe it's McKinley, but we call her Kinley), which I think may have been a name on her mother's side. That might be in line with your style. 

You are absolutely right that it is your child and that one of the greatest joys of giving birth is picking the name. It's entirely your choice. However, if you're not prepared for honest responses, don't ask a bunch of strangers. You might have better luck bouncing names off a close friend. Good luck and God Bless!
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    delujm0 said:

As a feminist,  I see giving a girl a masculine name as giving in to the patriarchy.  Fuck that. I want my daughter to know that Leona is just as valuable a person as Leon.
    This.  THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT.  Going with a masculine name because you think it gives your daughter advantages is not feminist.  It's just accepting the status quo.

That said, there are many legitimate unisex names that have been suggested that would work just fine.
    This.  

If we as women do not believe that Vanessa can and will get that interview then how the hell will anything ever change?   Name your child what you want, but it would suck if even a small motivating factor was to diminish her femininity.

OP I am happy that this thread made you think about your own thought process in regards to names.  I genuinely wish the best of luck to you.
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"