Baby Names
Options

OPS for a girl?

2»

Re: OPS for a girl?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

I hope that none of you avoid making feminist strides in your life because it might be hard or people might be rude about it.

I hope that you don't avoid making choices for your children because they might not agree with you later.

I hope that you teach your daughters that they can do and be whatever the smeg they want, no matter what anyone says.

I hope that you don't say words like 'random-ass' about people's decisions to their faces and expect them not to call you on your rudeness.

I hope that you realize that jumping all over someone who disagrees with you should never happen at a party, a support group... that this kind of thing happens at a playground, and we should teach our daughters not to do it. A lot of you need to go back, read your comments out loud, and see whether you'd feel comfortable making them to someone at, say, a business meeting.  'All my friends were doing it' is not a good reason to behave rudely on the Internet.

• Options
    Shima42Shima42 member
    edited August 2016
    It seems that many of you haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread, so I'll reiterate that giving my daughter my father's last name reinforces patriarchy in the same way as does giving her her father's last name.  I don't mind if you disagree with me.  I posted here to find out what objections I might have missed - but I won't let rude phrasing of those opinions slide without saying something.

• Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the increasing non-constructiveness of the posts. 

Creating new threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"