February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 8/25

2»

Re: UO Thursday 8/25

• Partyof6? said:
    We lease our mini van and will likely lease the next as well.   For right now, financially it makes so much more sense on our budget, even though I realize that owning a vehicle makes the best long term sense.   We were looking at payments that were hundreds of dollars more a month, and I love my current mom friendly bells and whistles.   

I am going to guess that is an UO, lol.  Both on leasing and also my love for my minivan.
    I'm currently leasing my vehicle and love it! If I had bought it we'd be stuck with it and this way when my lease is up in about a year I have a lot of options. We can choose to buy it, choose to get another lease of the same kind of vehicle or we can walk away and get something totally different. Right now I want to either buy it or get another lease of the same vehicle but DH thinks that after 6mo of putting a stroller and carseat in my sedan I'll want a small SUV. We shall see. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Love my Honda Accord purchased new, but the financing on it was cheaper then the used models! We're at 50,000 miles, lots more to go :smile:

I loathe wallpaper ... I spent weeks removing it from our house after purchase. Our dining room was so bad I actually painted over it (bad walls)!

• Loading the player...
  • @Xstatic3333 Yep, we're on number two. I think the Fit would be okay with two car seats, except that my husband is a giant (he's 6'5") and can only fit in the car with the front seat alllll the way back. With one kiddo, it's fine, his car seat is on the passenger side, and when we're all together the H always drives. With two, we'd never be able to go anywhere together in it. Otherwise I'd be happy to keep it!

We had a Chicco Keyfit 35 when our son was a baby, and now forward-face a Recaro Proride converitble car seat. They fit in the car just fine (I did some research before buying to be sure they'd work in our car) but I don't think the Recaro would work well rear-facing in the Fit.
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks! KeyFit 35 was my plan so I'm glad to hear a good review. 
  • For our "main car" i.e. the one that carts around kids, we bought new. I had a Beetle and that wasn't going to work with a baby. 
    H car died and we bought a used sedan under full warranty and are happy with both. 
    I drive a Beetle now, 2 door. a new car isn't in the works right now-- how bad was it?
  • For our "main car" i.e. the one that carts around kids, we bought new. I had a Beetle and that wasn't going to work with a baby. 
    H car died and we bought a used sedan under full warranty and are happy with both. 
    I drive a Beetle now, 2 door. a new car isn't in the works right now-- how bad was it?
    We didn't even try. Although mine had over 100k and it was time for a new car anyway. I would think that getting an infant seat in and out would be a PITA, but I'm sure you can make it work.