BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: UO Thursday 8/25

• Loading the player...
  • UO: I hate wallpaper. 
    Dude, we have the most beautiful wallpaper in our foyer and sitting room. I tend to agree with this opinion for the most part, but there are exceptions!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

I was lusting over some really fancy wallpaper and thinking about putting some up. 
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited August 2016
    UO: I hate wallpaper. 
    I was lusting over some really fancy wallpaper and thinking about putting some up. 
    Personally I would never want to use it. We removed some in our last place and it was a pain in the ass. Some of the patterns are actually quite nice but I can't be bothered.... Also my grandma's house back in the day has probably scarred me for life in regards to wallpaper!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @concreteangell I once spent four days without A/C scraping wallpaper off one of our newly acquired rental properties... Seriously I hate wallpaper. With a passion.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
    Don't do it!
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    I am a Realtor.  This is not an unpopular opinion, lol.  It's one of the biggest complaints I get!   We are still removing wallpaper in our house, it is a pain in the butt.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm totally grossed out at the thought of using those clothes rental services. Like how many people have worn this before me? Barf. 
    I do buy used clothes from upscale consignment, local mom sales etc but the thought of one piece of clothing being worn by tons of different people is just eeeewwwww. 
    I used to use Le Tote until I got contact dermatitis from a dress I got from them.  I'm annoyed about it, too, because I used to buy pieces from my totes all the time.  They have tons of cute things.
    I saw some I really liked too but DH forbids it from the house. He claims it damages the walls and will hurt the resale value. I feel like it can look really nice if it's just like 1 accent wall and in a nice pattern but I love DH and he really doesn't ask for much so I can stick to paint.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• GingersnapGingersnap member
    edited August 2016
    I'm totally grossed out at the thought of using those clothes rental services. Like how many people have worn this before me? Barf. 
    I do buy used clothes from upscale consignment, local mom sales etc but the thought of one piece of clothing being worn by tons of different people is just eeeewwwww. 
    I used to use Le Tote until I got contact dermatitis from a dress I got from them.  I'm annoyed about it, too, because I used to buy pieces from my totes all the time.  They have tons of cute things.
    OMG! So I'm not crazy! Well, about that haha
    I saw some I really liked too but DH forbids it from the house. He claims it damages the walls and will hurt the resale value. I feel like it can look really nice if it's just like 1 accent wall and in a nice pattern but I love DH and he really doesn't ask for much so I can stick to paint.
    This is me exactly. 
  • I use rent the runway pretty regularly 
  • If you're going to wallpaper, please make sure you don't put it over Sheetrock that's never been painted. No amount of scraping removes it and we've had to re-Sheetrock over half our house. What was supposed to be a one year room by room remodel/refreshen has turned into a three year entire upper story gut...
  • A lot of people don't like wallpaper. But I've seen some really pretty designs for an accent wall on Property Brothers.  
    I personally couldn't do it, though.  

Also, I will not borrow clothes or anything from anyone anymore except for my one sister.  My FIL came and stayed over at my place earlier this year and he brought bed bugs with him.  I had a really severe reaction to it.  And it cost me hundreds of dollars and time and energy to make sure all were rid from my apartment. Never again.  

• Also, does anyone watch The Last Ship on TNT? Or is this going to be my UO? 
    It starrs McSteamy from Grey's and I'm addicted to the show!

• AfKash said:
    Also, does anyone watch The Last Ship on TNT? Or is this going to be my UO? 
    It starrs McSteamy from Grey's and I'm addicted to the show!
    DH does. I used to but got less interested by season 2. 
  • Working in the retail industry has made me rather sour towards old people. I am not rude to them when I serve them of course, but I am getting so fed up with a lot of elderly people I deal with. I find many of them to be incredibly demanding and entitled, hardly any of them say please and thank you(and I get those from teenagers for heaven's sake). I'm sure they were brought up in a time when basic manners were expected, what the hell happened?
  • I use rent the runway pretty regularly 
    Totally different ballgame.  I've used RTR no less than 10 times and have never gotten anything less than perfectly-laundered clothes.
  • There isn't anything better than the new car smell/feel though! Ah I love new vehicles, I've only ever bought one and drove it over 100k miles. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It took me all day, but I finally thought of one! 

New cars are overrated. I just don't see the point of paying for something that loses that much value immediately.
    We bought our SUV brand new because the used ones were almost as much! 
  • The thought of what other people do in their car grosses me out so I buy new lol. When we bought our first house I ripped out the carpeting because all I could think about was other people's toe nail clippings.
  • homemake said:
    The thought of what other people do in their car grosses me out so I buy new lol. When we bought our first house I ripped out the carpeting because all I could think about was other people's toe nail clippings.
    Gross. Now I need to replace my carpets.
    Now I'm really glad we have wood. Eww.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Gingersnap it really is! The pic doesn't even do it justice. The wallpaper in this house was all very well done and very high quality, so much so that we feel bad removing the ugly paper. Tomorrow I will snap a pic of our sitting room paper. It is very subtly iridescent.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @WinchesterGirl I totally agree about new cars! I actually don't get the obsession with really nice cars in general. I want something reliable and clean. Past that, IDGAF about a nice car. My 2009 Honda Fit is paid off and works just fine for me. We'll need to upgrade to something bigger before baby comes, and I'm all "let's get a used Kia." I'm lucky that the H doesn't care about cars, either. 

I'm pro-wallpaper all the way. (Yours is so pretty, @peachesnbean!) I'll let Future Me deal with any future fallout and clean-up. I generally assume Future Me will be able to handle with ease and efficiency all the things Present Me doesn't want to deal with.

Ugh stuck in the box

Get a Kia Sorrento. I've had mine since 2010 have 95,000 miles and not one single problem. I love it!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited August 2016
    @tentacular I love my Fit. Best car ever. We're keeping it, but this is only #1 for us and I'm guessing from your picture that you're on #2. That could get tight! I like small, simple cars that don't cost me much to own or operate and the Fit is perfect. Cars are so, so low on the list of things I want to spend money on. H was sadly scarred by a bad used car experience and will only go new, but I'm in the used-only camp. We may work out a system where I take H's cars once they are paid off and he always has the newer version with a payment. I just don't care so much. I think the key is to stick with brands that tend to be super reliable. Honda is #1 of course, but also Subaru, Toyota, etc.

Edit: If I'm correctly surmising that you've used a Fit with one baby successfully, what car seats did you go with?
  • Our house came with two heavily wallpapered rooms...  Our master bedroom is toile-papered so well that it took me days to find an electrical outlet near the murphy ironing board.  The guest room is something else all together (hello, yellow!).  Also, both of these pictures were from the previous owners; we no longer have matching dust ruffles and table clothes.  Some day, we'll pay someone else to remove all of this (because if we attempted it ourselves, it would be a bad scene).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OK, I don't know why my comment has a bunch of blank space at the end...  And, I don't know how to edit posts.  Sigh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a Nissan Maxima and traded it in when it had 250,000 miles on it and it was still driving beautifully! But I had wrecked the shit out of the side of it and it looked awful but I still miss the ole gal! Even the manual transmission! 
  • For our "main car" i.e. the one that carts around kids, we bought new. I had a Beetle and that wasn't going to work with a baby. 
    H car died and we bought a used sedan under full warranty and are happy with both. 
  • We lease our mini van and will likely lease the next as well.   For right now, financially it makes so much more sense on our budget, even though I realize that owning a vehicle makes the best long term sense.   We were looking at payments that were hundreds of dollars more a month, and I love my current mom friendly bells and whistles.   

I am going to guess that is an UO, lol.  Both on leasing and also my love for my minivan.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a 2007 Kia Sorento (My only brand new vehicle) and drove it till past the warranty. I traded it in once the warranty was up because it was constantly getting fixed and if it wasn't for the warranty (thank goodness for extended warranties) the vehicle would have cost me thousands in repairs. It was in the shop every three months after it's oil change typically. Then my best friend has a 2011 Kia Sorento (She had 2009 Sorento before this one) and neither of her Sorento's gave her the issues mine did. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker