October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 08.22.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 08.22.2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @F47 just echoing what other people said. I would be terribly embarrassed to be one of those people who just sat there and didn't offer up their seat. Come on! No one wants to stand but where is common courtesy anymore? 

@AllyTheKid hahaha yes!! Mysterious door jam would come in handy right now. 

Trying to take deep breathes and not flip out. Luckily dh gets to come home early on Friday's so I am already starting a countdown. For as much as she will follow me around today, I am still second fiddle to dh. 
  • Options
    @F47 I hope you're feeling better! I'm on the same page with everyone else. Someone should have offered you a seat!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @F47 That was so rude of your co workers to let you stand! When I'm in the office I can't even get up to stretch my legs without people telling me to sit down. My boss it terrified I'm going to go into labor at work.
  • Options
    I didn't think i had seen much boob growth until I tried on one of my sexy bras and it didn't come close to fitting... I have been wearing sports bras or just super comfy ones that stretch so I guess I didn't notice that they have grown I had to go out and buy a new sexy bra and it was size bigger.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    @F47 I can't believe none of them offered to give you their chair!!  Also, kudos to you for squatting - pretty sure if I had done that, I wouldn't have been able to get back up!!  Now, go get some water and a blast of A/C!!
  • Options
    @F47 so glad you're feeling better! I bet that's the last time they choose not to offer you s seat! 

• Options
    @F47 - how rude! The thought of crouching down makes me cringe. I feel like I'm going to bust a vein in my leg or something. I'm not used to weighing this much.

@CopperBoom86 - also rude. (But awesome about the travel system). One thing I'm always proud of my DH is he's very observant and always offers his seat, to hold to door, to help with something heavy for everyone.

I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes for my ultrasound appointment yesterday and at the MFM place they have the MOST uncomfortable chairs. My tailbone has been hurting ever since.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    LMNOBabyLMNOBaby member
    edited August 2016
    @CopperBoom86 Score!! What a great start to the weekend - travel system coming your way, and probably eases a huge burden!

@ignoscemihi Ugh, husbands.  Mine's fantastic and I love him, too, but sometimes they're really not thinking about things before they say them.  Or they just don't grasp the depth of a possibility right away!  It's not an excuse, but I'm learning that I really have to stress something that I think is important to my husband... He's just thinking of the immediate future, where I'm always a few steps ahead.   I had to make a calendar to stick on the fridge to remind him of things we have planned because he never keeps it straight.  Usually though, when he takes a minute to think about it, he gets his priorities in order!

However, that being said, he remembered immediately when his fantasy football draft was when I started talking about how we might spend Labor Day weekend... *sigh* 

ETA: tagged the wrong person initially!
  • Options
    @F47, your co-workers.... i have no words.  I'm so appalled!

@CopperBoom86, this is how I felt a month ago when we were at the airport.  Because our airport is so small, the terminal for Southwest Airlines gets so jampacked.... so were walking around looking for seats, and no one, NO ONE offers me a seat.  We kept walking and walking and walking.  Finally, I was told DH it was fine, that i'd just sit on the floor if he sat with me.  So we did.  I was feeling so letdown by humanity...lol.

Then we boarded the plane, and a military guy came over to me and was like "i saw you guys walking past and i wanted to give you my seat, but then I couldn't really call you guys' attention, and I figured if I got up, someone else would take my seat.  I'm sorry I didn't get to offer it to you"  And with that, my faith in humanity was restored.

@ignoscemihi, i'm so sorry.  I'm glad your DH backtracked when you rolled your eyes.  It could have been really bad if he just ignored the eye-rolling.  :(  

I'm so glad it's friday y'all.  I'm gonna vent too. :(

Last night, DH didn't get home till 1130PM.  He and his ex have a quarterly meeting about the stepkids, school, how they are, schedules, etc.  His ex ran late because of a hair appointment and basically they didn't get the meeting started till 9pm.  Ugh.  So I was asleep when he got home, then he left early this morning for work at 630AM.  It's making me teary because I haven't talked to him in 24 hours and we are both just so tired.  Making me think:  how are we gonna survive this newborn phase thing when we actually won't have time for each and we'll be tired for weeks on end?  

Then, 3 of my friends back out from the babyshower this morning.  Like I literally get 3 text messages at 630AM, 7AM and 730AM saying "sorry but i can't make it, something came up"

Then, I find out the accountant found a discrepancy with a quote given to a client.  We were off by $5600.  How she and I missed that HUGE amount is a mystery to me.  I keep looking for documentation, anything that can support why...but I can't find anything because of course, due to a crazy server f*ck up, all our company emails were erased back in October.  

I'm ready to stop adulting today.  
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @ignoscemihi That rant was well deserved. Men can be so dense. *eye roll*

I hope he comes to his senses and apologizes. But, I'm notorious for hoping my husband will do the same and it basically never happens.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86  and you live in the south..that is like a double slap in the face that NONE of the guys stood up for you. Ugh. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  @LMNOBaby Yeah, I didn't really act like it was a big deal (because I don't think it is), just a hassle, so he was probably just playing off of my attitude.  @annabenanna the first few months are tough, but it seems like you have a strong relationship with your husband so you may end up getting closer commiserating about your misery.  @f47 I'm not sure my husband knows how to say "I'm sorry", so I'm not holding my breath.  But he has been checking in from work more often than usual, so I'll take that as an apology.
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi Men are so clueless sometimes. I had to train mine to stop, rethink, and apologize, because he's so clueless and things like that happen a lot and I'm overly sensitive about it. 

My DH is off work today because he had a job interview. And I'm going nuts because he really wants it and he thinks it went well... but it's Friday so we might not hear anything about it until Monday.  :s

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @ignoscemihi- ugh, that sounds like how my H "apologizes." 

I usually take it as a cue to go shopping til I feel better :)
  • Options
    My SECOND nanny option has now almost fallen through. I seriously cannot handle this. She had agreed with us on an amount of pay and hours/days, and now is coming back asking for more money plus a lunch hour. W. T. F. I am thinking about approaching my boss about a part time working at home situation with my MIL coming part of the week to let me go to the office. Only if nothing else becomes available before leave is up. UGHHHHHHHH. 
  • Options
    @annabenanna - I think work stress rivals marital stress, so I get it. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    Oh no! @ibabyloveb87 ... I wonder what prompted the sudden change for her
  • Options
    ohhhh @bamacoop that's awful! I would have probably run out of the store, haha I dont think I could have handled staying around. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 how frustrating!  I feel like not having a lunch hour sort of goes with the territory of being a nanny.  The break comes at nap time when you can check email, read, etc.  Otherwise one parent has to take off over an hour in the middle of every day.

@bamacoop I'm sorry you were embarrassed, but you can really tell a story.  I'm glad you weren't hurt.  And thanks a lot for getting that dumb song in my head.
  • Options
    @bamacoop Oh, man, I can feel my face heating up FOR you!!  I would have been mortified!  However, I blame Starbucks for making a glass cup - who does that?? And, they display them on those small shelves where they're just bound to tip over... I feel like Starbucks was setting you up. It's totally their fault. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    Yes, random strangers, I know my belly button pokes out. No need to comment on it. Good Lord, TGIF. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @bamacoop your story is my worst nightmare. I hate being the center of attention - especially for something like that! Sadly, I'm super clumsy, so it happens a lot. 
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi I agree, that rant was warranted. 
  • Options
    @bamacoop , my friday is slightly better because of your story.  you really know how to tell a story.  you should write a book or something!  short stories?  essays?  it could be on Radio Hour too.

@MorganL925, work stresses are never fun.  i just hate when i screw up.  i like that my boss appreciates when I can say "listen i screwed up, what can i do to make it right?"  but i hate that i can't figure out why i screwed up because of the missing emails!

also, babyshower is tomorrow, and now have:  2 couples, 2 friends on my "flake" list.

• Options
    @TurtleMomma That's a lot to be dealing with. I hope everything works out for you! Hang in there! 
  • Options

Thanks, y'all! I'm glad my embarrassment can be put to good use by making Friday a little bit lighter. It was seriously like a slow motion scene out of a movie. As the glass falls the camera pans up to the shock on my face, the nurses having a conversation not knowing what's about to happen, the impact, the shards of glass scattering across the tile floor. And then me just standing there with the plastic lid in my hand trying not to pee my pants.

@F47 Random strangers are pointing out your belly button? What weirdos.

@TurtleMomma Good thoughts going your way!

@annabenanna Last minute cancelling (unless there's a good reason, obviously) is a huge pet peeve of mine. I know a guy who hated to just tell people no, so he would agree to do everything, then cancel last second. All. The. Time. I had multiple people trying to tell him that it would actually just be better to say "Oh sorry, can't come to your party next week, but happy birthday!" than to say "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can come, I'll see you there!" and then call that person the day of the party and say "Oh, sorry, can't make it." when he knew all along he wasn't going to go. So annoying!

On the bright side.... more cake for you!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hugs @TurtleMomma... You know I'm here if you need anything :) 
  • Options
    hey @mrscorker people are posting in May!!! 
  • Options
    I was so uncomfortable last night. Every part of my body hurt and I tossed and turned all night. I was hot and cold at the same time. At one point I fell asleep long enough to dream I delivered this baby though! It was so frustrating because I kept asking how much he weighed and how long he was and what day it was but I couldn't get an answer. This was my first dream about delivery.
  • Options
    @bamacoop Late to the response party, but I always enjoy your comments as well, even when the subject matter may not have been an ideal situation for you, you always make it sound good! ;)