October 2016 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 08.22.2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wait til your milk comes in. You will have a physically painful amount of boobage for at least a day or two.
  • Options
    wait til your milk comes in. You will have a physically painful amount of boobage for at least a day or two.
    Forgive the stupid question, but how does the boob shape change once milk comes in?  The floppy boobs don't become floppy until AFTER bfeeding, right?  But during bfeeding do they stay perky?
  • Options
    @annabenanna They do deflate a little when baby eats because the milk drains, but I don't think mine got floppy while I was breastfeeding.  I'd ask my husband, but he didn't really get to touch them while I was breastfeeding because I was too worried about them leaking on him.  (TMI?)
  • Options
    @mayisch - I've also not seen this boob growth. I blame all the older women who said "oh honey, your boobs will definitely grow!" I'm holding out that I get some increase when my milk comes in. Either way, after we're done having kids I'm off for a boob job.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @annabenanna That's my plan, anyway.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    F47 said:
    @annabenanna That's my plan, anyway.
    Mine too, mine too.  I'll tell DH it'll be his belated "push present" to me. hahaha
  • Options
    @annabenanna I have a very low tolerance for recovery pain, otherwise I'd be all over it.

@mayisch My boobs barely got bigger in either pregnancy, but they definitely got bigger while breastfeeding.  Of course, my child ate for 45 minutes to an hour at a time (every two to three hours for the first few months), so I had to make a lot of milk to fill them.
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat, I forgot where you posted about your maternity shoot (was it FB or here?).  Anyway, I was gonna comment, and got sidetracked!  Have you gotten your sneak peeks yet?  Sorry to hear you felt bad towards the end!
  • Options
    I've always been a member of the itty bitty titty committee, and my boobs were pretty freaking fantastic (solid C's) while BFing DS. I wished they would've stayed like that long term but no such luck.

I think because my boobs were small to start out, they never got flippy flappy after weaning- they basically went back to normal except for my nipples which have stayed pokey. So it definitely varies based on your body type.

Of course this baby could easily ruin me forever. Either way, sign me up for a fresh pair! 
  • Options
    Did we used to have a TMI thread? I kind of miss it lol so I'm going to share one now. I've been a little leaky, like if I squeeze I get some drops. DH and I were getting frisky and I warned him if he wasn't careful he might get a hand or mouth full. I'm going to guess it hasn't happened yet because he's still been all over them, but I'm waiting for the day where he forgets and I'm into full on leaking. I'm going to laugh so hard.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @annabenanna I think it was last week randoms? Heck I can't remember anymore myself! LOL But no peeks yet. Argh! I sent a text to my photog and said "what they were so bad you're having to do a lot of editing?" she said "no confession, I haven't even taken the card out of the camera yet" UGH COME ON! When we did our reveal we had sneaks the next day! I'm dying because I want to see how they came out. I'm so nervous they were horrible with it being so hot. UGH. 
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat, Honestly, being pregnant in the summer is the WORST.  I don't even know how I'm gonna survive this next two months.... "Fall weather" doesn't really start here until like November,  Ugh!  I hope you get your peeks soon!  I'm excited to see!  Also, I'm getting my nails done for the shower this weekend, and I thought of you because I wanna get glitter! :)  I'm so tempted to get gels.  Were in the third tri right?  A little bit of chemical should be fine?  
  • Options
    BluMommyBluMommy member
    edited August 2016
    @annabenanna
    It really varies. My sister was a B cup before she got preggo, went up to DD while BFing, then went to D after (I hate her. She's only 5'2"). I went from a B before, up to DD during and down to a C after (and I'm 5'11"). Totally bass acwards IMO.
  • Options
    @annabenanna Our first location wasn't bad, there was a breeze. But the second location with no breeze, 100% humidity and mid 90 degree temps, I just about died (being from Houston, we are hot all year round. Last Christmas it was 88 degrees!) 

Mine are gel! Just go to a place that seems well ventilated. The salon I go to doesn't have that smell at all so I feel safe going and getting my nails done. But I'm also the girl that eats deli meat and took some sips of FI beer while at a brewery yesterday soo... :smile: Plus, glitter nails are FABULOUS!!!! 

• Options
    Anyone planning on using a baby tracker app to track nursing, diapers, etc? I've been looking at a few and have no clue which one to use. 
  • Options
    @BluMommy, mine have only grown like a cup being pregnant.  So my dreams of it being a D won't ever happen. LOL.  I just want them to not look like National Geographic boobs, that's all.

@mizzkbrat, I think I may chance it too!  I wanna go to a nice nail place for the gels!  just a pain when i have to get them off!

@fitlady, i downloaded two baby trackers the other day...but i dunno yet if i'll be using them.  THey just looked good.  A friend suggested "The Wonder Weeks"  and the other one is called "baby Daybook" (the daybook is the tracker)
  • Options
     @AllyTheKid raisin flaps hahahahahahaa
  • Options
    @Kaytee1087 haha that is basically my life now too. I can squeeze little droplets out so the other day when my dh was finally getting some and he went for them, I quick stopped and reminded him that I'm pregnant so if he gets anything it's his fault haha. It's pretty much the same speech I gave him when bfing our dd a few years ago. He either doesn't mind, doesn't notice, or doesn't get anything!
  • Options
    mizzkbratmizzkbrat member
    edited August 2016
    I was actually going to be a special snowflake and start a new post about this topic. LOL @fitlady21

edit: forgot to quote to adding tag
  • Options
    Back to work today, and I feel so behind on here now! Using my iPad is a little too obvious in these meetings where we're supposed to be paying attention...
  • Options
    @chriscasey33 Love when things turn out better than you plan! 
  • Options
    @ashleyp625  I know, right?  Big sigh of relief.  Maybe it's the universe's way of telling me that I'm too paranoid/uptight and need to relax a bit :) 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @fitlady21 I used MammaBaby with my first and I like it, so I'll probably use it again.  It has a 30 day free trial, so you may want to wait until having the baby to start using it.
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat hahaha I thought about starting a new thread then figured I better not.

@annabenanna I'll look into those. Thanks!
  • Options
    YOU GUYS... I can NOT find anything on the new layout! Tomorrow is my ticker change and I can't even find the weekly updates... I ALWAYS screenshot that stuff and send it to FI, it's what I do on Tuesdays! HELP ME!
  • Options
    I had entirely too much going on at work this afternoon and feel SO behind with TB. I can't even comment on everything! Here's all the love tits I can give. 

Oh also, Bachelor in Paradise is ridiculous. But I love it. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    I had entirely too much going on at work this afternoon and feel SO behind with TB. I can't even comment on everything! Here's all the love tits I can give. 

I can't wait to catch up on BIP now that the Olympics are over. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Haha @annabenanna what the H kind of conference is that?!
  • Options

Yes, same on both counts. I'm so tired of Ashley I. I'm gonna need you to figure out that he doesn't want you...
  • Options
    On the boob thing, mine deflated hard after weaning my daughter, but perked back up a year or so later. They're huge now, like I hate them huge.

@AllyTheKid On mobile, you go to Explore, then under News and Popular, click "how big is baby", then scroll down until you find your week and click the picture. It took me awhile to figure it out on Saturday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers