Infertility
Options

PLEASE don't say that! :D (loss mentioned)

13»

Re: PLEASE don't say that! :D (loss mentioned)

• Options
    @KLake42 ditto to what @srh18 said. I'm so sorry. People are so ignorant.
  • Options
    One of my favs... "You guys can travel and do whatever you want! I'm so jealous"
     Ugh!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If ONE more person tells me to "just relax", I am going to just relax my foot up their... yeah.

Trust me - if this were just about relaxing, I wouldn't be blowing all this money at the RE which could be much less stressfully spent on things like shoes. Just saying.
    Married: 8/23/2014
    DX PCOS: 4/2016 - Metformin 2x daily
    IUI #1: 6/29/2016 - Letrozole CD 3-7, HCG Shot CD 14, Ovidrel CD 15, IUI CD 16 - BFN
    IUI #2: 7/30/2016 - 
     Letrozole CD 4-7 (doubled up CD 4), Ovidrel CD 12, IUI CD 13 
    Me 36 - DH 39

• Options
    I finally confided in a coworker yesterday. It felt great telling her so I don't have to feel like I am lying and sneaking off to doctors appointments. She was great about it but of course had to say, " you just need to get a bottle of wine and have a good night". Ugh really? You think in 3 years we've never tried that?!?! It's not that simple for us. I don't know if people say these things to lighten the mood but it's just so insensitive. 
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    I'm still getting that too... Even my supervisor when talking about having a day off for transfer she mentions that I "need to go home and get laid" if that's what was happening for the transfer I wouldn't need a day off of work 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My BIL told me tonight, that if I was happy and relaxed we would be pregnant already.   WHAT.  THE. F*CK.  And just for the record, my DH and I are actually handling all this pretty well, and we are VERY HAPPY! Idiot. 
    Me: 35  DH: 36
    Me: 1, possibly 2, blocked tubes
    DH: severe MFI
    Married and TTC since 2/15
    Started stims 7/21/16, ER  8/2 --> 17 eggs, 5 blasts after PGS testing.
    Fresh transfer 8/8/16: Chemical Pregnancy
    FET #1 9/13: PGS tested 5AA, BFN
    Endometrial biopsy 10/18/16: normal result
    ERA test 10/18/16: "receptive" result
    FET #2  1/3/17: natural cycle, BFP!!! TWINS!!  EDD: 9/21 (8/31 with twin adjustment)

• Options
    Ps.  My tubes are blocked!!!!
    Me: 35  DH: 36
    Me: 1, possibly 2, blocked tubes
    DH: severe MFI
    Married and TTC since 2/15
    Started stims 7/21/16, ER  8/2 --> 17 eggs, 5 blasts after PGS testing.
    Fresh transfer 8/8/16: Chemical Pregnancy
    FET #1 9/13: PGS tested 5AA, BFN
    Endometrial biopsy 10/18/16: normal result
    ERA test 10/18/16: "receptive" result
    FET #2  1/3/17: natural cycle, BFP!!! TWINS!!  EDD: 9/21 (8/31 with twin adjustment)

• Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! These are the worst! I feel you ladies!

I had one coworker who pulled me in to tell me that she's pregnant after "struggling for three months" to conceive her second child at 34. I was polite and made a fuss. She knows we've been trying for a while. She asks me when we're going to have kids. I respond "hopefully soon..." she cuts me off and says "Oh, but you and husband are so busy! No wonder! When you want kids, it'll happen" and she walks off.

Want kids??? I'm pretty sure THAT'S not the problem. I was seething from the fact that I didn't even have a chance at a rebuttal.   

Just call me CC.  :)

• Options
    oh my! when you want kids!! @CCBrownEyedGirl

my favourite is "are you sure you're doing it right?" followed by a hearty laugh from them. me = go get..... beep
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*