Missouri Babies

North KC Area Friends?

I am a first time mom. LO was born May 5th and we were hoping to find similar aged kiddos/moms to hang out with and befriend. I am 26 and work part time for DYS. The rest of the time I am a SHM. I feel like my childfree and childless friends have abandoned me and am needing some friends with kids (since I have none)... Hope to hear from some nice peeps! :)

Re: North KC Area Friends?

• Hi! I'm a SAHM who lives by ikea. I'm sorta north. Lol... For Kansas anyway. I do know LOTS of new moms at my church.
  • I hear you! Unfortunately I'm pretty far south and will be back to work full time in a few weeks. My recommendation would be to research moms groups. If you're close to the city, you might find a lot
  • Loading the player...
  • Mizuiro007Mizuiro007 member
    edited August 2016
    My kids are a little older (oct 2014 and nov 2015) but we have been going to West Flanders Park most evenings between about 6pm-7pm. It's a great little community park and I've seen a lot of young kids and babies there. They do have two baby swings and some low slides as well as a half mile walking trail that's great with a stroller.

ETA I'm 26 as well and a SAHM.
  • That sounds awesome! I'll have to look that park up. I hadn't heard of it, but it sounds like a great experience for families. (Plus, I am desperately needing to start going on walks, so anywhere is a nice trail for strollers is a huge bonus!)
  • I'm a 26 SAHM too! I think that park is only 5 minutes from us.
  • @JezieNeeChan Same here. I've fallen in a slump of just staying in and not getting out enough and really need to get out and move before it gets cold. I would love a walking partner.
  • Let's do it! :D
  • Yay! PM me with your email or phone number or something and I'll let you know when we're going next. I'd like to go tomorrow just need to see what the weather does.
  • I sent you my number. :) I am pretty sure tomorrow is going to rain. Regardless, though, we are doing our three month photos, so we will have to miss if you do go tomorrow. :D
  • Mizuiro007Mizuiro007 member
    edited August 2016
    Hmm I don't seem to have gotten it. When I checked it was just supposed to rain in the morning. Looks like I'll have to miss this weekend too. DS's room flooded :neutral: