Missouri Babies
Options

North KC Area Friends?

I am a first time mom. LO was born May 5th and we were hoping to find similar aged kiddos/moms to hang out with and befriend. I am 26 and work part time for DYS. The rest of the time I am a SHM. I feel like my childfree and childless friends have abandoned me and am needing some friends with kids (since I have none)... Hope to hear from some nice peeps! :)

Re: North KC Area Friends?

• Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM who lives by ikea. I'm sorta north. Lol... For Kansas anyway. I do know LOTS of new moms at my church.
  • Options
    I hear you! Unfortunately I'm pretty far south and will be back to work full time in a few weeks. My recommendation would be to research moms groups. If you're close to the city, you might find a lot
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mizuiro007Mizuiro007 member
    edited August 2016
    My kids are a little older (oct 2014 and nov 2015) but we have been going to West Flanders Park most evenings between about 6pm-7pm. It's a great little community park and I've seen a lot of young kids and babies there. They do have two baby swings and some low slides as well as a half mile walking trail that's great with a stroller.

ETA I'm 26 as well and a SAHM.
  • Options
    That sounds awesome! I'll have to look that park up. I hadn't heard of it, but it sounds like a great experience for families. (Plus, I am desperately needing to start going on walks, so anywhere is a nice trail for strollers is a huge bonus!)
  • Options
    I'm a 26 SAHM too! I think that park is only 5 minutes from us.
  • Options
    @JezieNeeChan Same here. I've fallen in a slump of just staying in and not getting out enough and really need to get out and move before it gets cold. I would love a walking partner.
  • Options
    Let's do it! :D
  • Options
    Yay! PM me with your email or phone number or something and I'll let you know when we're going next. I'd like to go tomorrow just need to see what the weather does.
  • Options
    I sent you my number. :) I am pretty sure tomorrow is going to rain. Regardless, though, we are doing our three month photos, so we will have to miss if you do go tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    Mizuiro007Mizuiro007 member
    edited August 2016
    Hmm I don't seem to have gotten it. When I checked it was just supposed to rain in the morning. Looks like I'll have to miss this weekend too. DS's room flooded :neutral: