Preemies
Options

successful pregnancy after premature birth

Hi everyone! I just found out I am pregnant with #2 this past Friday. It is very much so a shock and I've been anxious about it since. My son was born at 25.6 after I experience a placental abruption. I had gone to the PET (maternity ER) at our hospital twice before returning a 3rd day that week already at 4cm dilated. I was already considered a high risk pregnancy because I have Factor V Leiden (blood clotting disorder) and need to be on daily Lovenox injections. The NICU experience was very hard for me and I spent most of my son's first year anxious, sad, terrified. He's a beautiful 1.5 year old with no lingering health issues as a result of his early arrival. Just wanted to know if there were other moms who had successful pregnancies after a preemie. :)
kristine!  B)

me: 33, Factor V Leiden, MTHFR + hubs: 37
BFP #1: 9/25/14 -- EDD: 6/4/15
Jesse, our baby boy: 2/25/15 @ 25.6 weeks, 2lbs 2oz & 13.5 inches. spent 66 days in the NICU. <3
BFP #2: 7/29/16 -- EDD: 3/30/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
baby #2 on the way. :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: successful pregnancy after premature birth

• Options
    My now 6 year old was born at 25.4. My 16 month old was born at 37 weeks even. I did take weekly progesterone injections starting at 16 weeks.
  • Options
    My 2 year old was born at 33 weeks for unknown reasons. DS2 was born at 38+ 6. I also took progesterone shots weekly. 

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boys were born at 34+6 and 36+3. I was on progesterone for the second pregnancy from 16w to 36w.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My now 5 yr old was born ( 2 months ) ahead and he is delayed 2 months behind in learning but he is extremely healthy and stronger than ever