June 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

we haven't had one of these for a while, so someone must have an unpopular opinion to share 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    I'm not even on Facebook and I have a relative who sends alarmist crap via email. Like thank heavens we saw your email because now we're all going to get angry and fight for your cause...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom does this in person. She's just a paranoid and alarmist person. Gun rights, immigration, natural disaster prep... She made me really paranoid about going into preterm labor and also for being positive for group b strep, both because she used to be a nicu nurse and had worked with extreme cases of babies with each of these.

Dont really have a UO other than I thought about inventing a device to hold pacifiers in a baby's mouth. The image in my head is of a ball gag, only with a pacifier, but then I realize that is probably incredibly unsafe. Otherwise someone would have invented it already.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme Have you tried a WubbaNub? Sam hates the pacifier and doesn't use one, but a friend of mine uses the WubbaNub friend and its a stuffed animal that rests on the baby's chest, holding the pacifier in place. 
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    My mom does this in person. She's just a paranoid and alarmist person. Gun rights, immigration, natural disaster prep... She made me really paranoid about going into preterm labor and also for being positive for group b strep, both because she used to be a nicu nurse and had worked with extreme cases of babies with each of these.

Dont really have a UO other than I thought about inventing a device to hold pacifiers in a baby's mouth. The image in my head is of a ball gag, only with a pacifier, but then I realize that is probably incredibly unsafe. Otherwise someone would have invented it already.

My mom used to work in NICU and they used to use surgical tape on the pacifiers!  Insane
  • Options
    @meggyme My husband and I joke about doing something like that all the time. I can't wait until he can a) keep it in and b) put it in himself if it comes out.
  • Options
    I've been fantasizing about a pacifier ball gag too! The Wannanub has proven weaker than our baby's spitting abilities. 
  • Options
    I've been fantasizing about a pacifier ball gag too! The Wannanub has proven weaker than our baby's spitting abilities. 
    Same here. When she really gets going on it she can send it flying. I do use the pacifier leashes so I can at least find them easily.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    My UO is that I'm sick of people (my sister in law actually, who has a 3 week old) brag about how good her baby is on FB. How he has already slept through the night and is "such a good sleeper" and "never cries". I suppose I should be happy for them, but the bragging sorta makes me want to gag. Or maybe I'm just jealous bc I'm 10 weeks ppd and sleep deprived  :|
  • Options
    My UO is that I'm sick of people (my sister in law actually, who has a 3 week old) brag about how good her baby is on FB. How he has already slept through the night and is "such a good sleeper" and "never cries". I suppose I should be happy for them, but the bragging sorta makes me want to gag. Or maybe I'm just jealous bc I'm 10 weeks ppd and sleep deprived  :|
    Maybe her LO will stop sleeping through the night after the 3 week growth spurt... Mine did! :D
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Haha I'm the opposite, our baby is really as good as could be, but I hesitate to broadcast it. Besides not wanting to jinx it, I can just imagine people thinking, if the baby is so good then why is Mommy still so disorganized, forgetful, and always late?!!