April 2016 Moms
Options

In-law Frustrations!

2»

Re: In-law Frustrations!

• Options
    g&tlewis said:
    I won't even leave my son with my MIL. I don't trust her with him. She didn't raise my husband (by choice) so she has zero babysitting privileges. She only gets supervised visits and thankfully not very many of those. It also doesn't help that I had to tell her to support his head when he was less than 24 hours old. 
    This is pretty much our situation as well. 
  • Options
    My MIL is very wise that way. She always has good sound advice and i never hesitate to take it. My mum is my right hand. So both of them are the best combos! And the amount of faith my MIL exhibits is truly amazing. 

Touch wood, its all peace and tranquility here. I have always followed one golden rule: never answer back at that time when the metal is hot. Talk when moods are good. It has taken me a long way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As a follow up to my previous comments, I blew up at my IL's on Saturday. Between the filth, my FIL being an idiot and waking a sleeping baby not once but TWICE, and FIL and BIL finding watching youtube to be more important than spending time with my husband that was given less than 24 hours notice that BIL was even in town and to come visit, I lost it. I actually yelled at them, called FIL an a**hole and told them that dd will never go to their house again unless they get their priorities straight. Now FIL is pissed with me, MIL thinks that I hate them, and BIL is wondering why less than 1 days notice isn't acceptable. My IL's are a bunch of idiots and right now I honestly don't want to see them again for a very long time. Now DH has told me that they would like to come to our house this weekend to visit before BIL leaves to go back home. Maybe I can convince DH to drive to their house to visit again only this time dd and I will stay home. I seriously think that if I had to deal with them again this soon that I would actually haul off and physically hurt one or all of them.
    @loveymay on the bright side, she wasn't wasting the milk. ha ha But in all seriousness, I highly doubt your MIL ever did that with her kid(s), because otherwise feedings would take hours! Why does she feel it to be necessary now with her grandchild? My MIL raised 3 kids, but she acts like taking care of a baby is so foreign to her. I know it's been over 30 years, but I also know that the basics of bottle feeding are the same today as they were when my DH and I were babies!